All that Glitters is not gold. It’s a common saying that means things are not all that they appear to be. It’s an important facet to consider when making decisions. So be sure to check out:
- The new job and corporate culture before you sign your acceptance.
- Get to know your partner before you marry…yikes! (habits, likes, dislikes, meet-the-parents, past experiences, plans for the future…do they include you)?
- Investigate. Do a house inspection before purchase.
- Research before you relocate
- Read the reviews before buying the product (including return policy).
- Research and/or visit college before deciding to go.
- Know the genre before you write.
- Know the Joneses before you try to keep up
These are just a few examples to what could be a very long list. So do your background checks before making life changing decisions. Some mistakes can be avoided.