Writers write for many different reasons. Never Meaningless, the reasons are specific to each writer. Naturally writing for Ordinary work as in preparing policies, reports, or memos differs from the writing writers do, which often is for their own satisfaction. Some writers write poetry. Some write short stories that ignite passion, joy, or pleasure as in fiction writers. Others write non-fiction sharing their own true stories, those of a loved one, or some about topics they care about as in Success. Whatever your reason for writing it makes sense to read a lot in order to write with finesse that satisfies yourself or your audience.
7 Books to Strengthen Writing
Here are 7 books that will help to strengthen your craft:
- Elements of Style by William Strunk, Jr.
- Working People Talk About What They do All Day by Studs Terkel
- How Fiction Works by James Wood
- The Rest is Noise by Alex Ross
- Kill All Your Darlings by Luc Sante
- On Writing by Stephen King
- Nobody Wants to Read Your Sh*t by Steven Pressfield
Follow me on Instagram for daily motivation