Great, busy, progress, metamorphosis, building, awkward, empowerment, lonely, rollercoaster, transcendent, halfway, building, empowered, successful, blessed, winning, growing, fantastic, brilliant, succeeding, harvest, evolutionary, learning, transitioning, growth, better, momentum, rising, immense, challenged, hell, mediocre, bullshit, boring, tragic, spectacular, ready-set-g.., new, conscious, breakthrough, game-changing, progression, different, change, unbelievable, fortunate, focused, expansion, lit, turbulent, amazing, lies, shock, good, Detonate.
Looking Back to Move Ahead
It’s mid-year! Look back to move ahead. People are using these words to describe the progress to achieve their goals. Take some time to reflect on whether any Radiate or resonate with your own progress? Any missing? Trace it. Add it!
Waves splash in seemless style. Scattered folks chat gleefully in the distance. The boat’s engine beckons its revolving sound. The weekend rides on with high traffic of boats afloat on the water. Totally relaxed. The sun steams above. People clothed in hats, T’s, shorts, and more, welcoming the light breeze. Sounds get louder…yet not disturbing.
Fish, seawater creatures missing…nowhere in sight. Mountainous hills of water sprout like surfers beneath waves. Ship’s captain steers tourist-filled-boats pass beautiful houses planted on the sea’s edge. Just imagine the visitor’s delight to rent for a few. Pretty penny, but so worth it. Lovers steal selfies, kisses, and quiet love.
I quietly doze off. Calm, cool, relaxed. Imaginary.
Nice way to spend a quick getaway doing something different…fishing.
Edgewater, Water Taxi, Sovereign, Imagine, Gallant Lady, Waku, Days-Like-This…all boat names… but couldn’t agree more.
Time to chill.
Passion: A strong and barely controllable Emotion
Life is beautiful! But even more when you know your passion. A confused Alex asked a group of coaches how he could discover what he was passionate about. Intrigued, coaches jumped at the question to Infuse their perspectives, and encouraged him to:
- Get in touch with your desire
- What do you really want to do?
- What would you do if you had a year off?
- Go back to your childhood and think what you were doing in your free time, games you liked to play
- What is it like for you to not know
- What is something that someone did for you that you enjoyed and had fun doing, receiving, and participating in
- Know your life purpose
- The fact that you have a life purpose means that you have a blank canvas and can create whatever you want
- It’s in your life journey. It looks different for everyone. Explore working with a coach. See who clicks with you
- Do an assessment
- Sit still with a paper in front of you. Sometimes you need to analyse what’s working and what’s not working in your life
- What’s your life goal? Has it changed?
It’s always great to take a step back at different times in life to reflect. Ponder the questions above and see where it takes you. Enjoy the ride.
Follow me on Instagram for Daily Motivation.
Who would have thought a flock of birds would create such havoc? Yes indeed. Though extremely rare as one in a billion, it happens. The movie Sully shared the real life story of the pilot whose quick decision saved passengers on an aircraft he was flying. He landed in the Hudson River, and miraculously saved over 150 lives. It’s a story of humility, bravery, admiration, fear, teamwork, leadership, and most of all calm in the midst of tragic circumstances.
Doesn’t this story inspire you?
Brian Tracy asked his audience “Who inspires you?” Many responding giving answers such as God, family including mom, dad, spouse, as well as leaders like Brian Tracy, Oprah, John Maxwell, mentor, teacher, coach, political leaders, and more. But surprisingly, one response stood out when a male said that he was not inspired by anyone or anything. Should this be reason for alarm? Do human beings need to be inspired? What happens if we are not inspired? Even more, can we Survive without inspiration?
Inspiration is the process of being mentally stimulated to do or feel something, especially something creative.
Inspiration is described as being mentally stimulated to do something. If we are not inspired, chances are we will become stuck, demotivated, lethargic, and life may become meaningless. It’s like there’s no Reprieve. So here are a number of things to do to keep those motivation levels high, as well as arouse your critical thinking skills.
17 Ways to Become Inspired
- Listen to Music
- Watch animals or children play outdoors
- Enjoy nature. Go to the beach. Watch the waves
- Travel someplace you have never been
- Tune in to motivational speakers such as those on the increasingly popular Ted Talk
- Listen or Read about others who have overcome adversity
- Try something new that you have always wanted to do but were afraid
- Create a vision board
- Consider the challenges you’re facing. Identify solutions
- Ask people what they are grateful for, and reflect personally
- Join an organization of people making a diference in the world
- Read an autobiography
- Disconnect and write in a journal
- Get a hobby. Express yourself creatively e.g. sculpting, or playing an instrument
- Let go of something
- Take pictures outdoors. Breathe.
- Reflect on what you have learned/acomplished and how it has helped you make a positive difference in the life of others
There you have it. Adopt one, two, three or more and become inspired!
Follow me on instagram for Daily Motivation.
An entrepreneur is someone who organizes and operates a business taking on greater than normal financial risks in order to do so.
From dream to reality! Entrepreneurs start out with a small idea; work that idea until it becomes real. Some fail. Others blossom into true success. Among the successful are leaders Oprah Winfrey, Steve Jobs, Bill Gates, and many more.
In order to be successful, skill set is important. Shark Tank’s renowned entrepreneur, Damon Johns pooled comments about the skills that business owners associate with being successful. Courage, risk-taking, communication, vision, self-discipline, and faith were among the common responses. But the top skills turned out to be the attributes listed with definitions from research in the book Success Strategies of Leaders.
Top 3 Entrepreneurial Skills
Passion. Defined as being passionate about what you are doing and putting your heart into it, as well as connecting with the possibilities of the future and having the chance to do something about. Oprah Winfrey displays this attribute rising from humble beginnings being teased, molested yet used this as a stepping stone when she entered broadcasting. Producers noticed her oratory skills, and passion. The rest is history.
This attribute includes a sense of self-esteem and self-assurance and the belief that you can make a difference. It allows the individual to feel assured that his or her attempts to influence are appropriate and right. Walt Disney was a farm boy who had a natural inclination for drawing cartoons. He went to work with universal studios and when his contract ended he confidently created Mickey Mouse. He maintained focus on his dream to have a theme park that was like no other in the world. He stepped forward confidently and did just that. Disney is a household name worldwide.
Refers to the desire to never give up in spite of all the odds. Follow through, endurance, and not giving up in pursuit of goals are attributes of persistence. Others include exhibiting determination, initiative, and willingness to assert oneself, being proactive and having the ability to persevere in the face of obstacles. Steve Jobs dropped out of college because of financial difficulties. He eventually enrolled in a calligraphy class, created a company from which he was eventually fired. But he never gave up. He later started Apple computers with his childhood friend, and achieved successful making an impact on how mankind communicates digitally worldwide.
There you have it. The top 3 skills Passion, Self-confidence, and Persistence that entrepreneurs should have as derived from business owners. So if you’re a career changer thinking of taking this bold step, consider these traits. Do you have what it takes? Don’t stay Adrift, take that bold step to realizing your dreams.
Let’s connect on how you can make that change.
Follow me on Instagram for Daily Motivation.
Alena planned an inaugural event for a learning institution in need. It was going to be grand. Sponsors actively participated. The media agreed to show up. Surprisingly the greatest struggle came from the leadership. It seemed it was going to be a failure. Downcast she continued the event’s activities. Naturally, fear, anxiety, agitation and more reared its ugly head. But she plodded on.
The event turned out not to be a Notorious Farce. The turnout was grand though a little less than she planned but the event was a tremendous success. She walked away with key learnings for the next year. Yup! There’ll be another.
So when life knocks you down; when sickness, pain, sudden job loss, marriage fails, children falter, relationships go south; cry if you must but just stay focused on your goal. You’ll get there with consistency, tons of hard work, and persistence. Find a mentor, a confidante, or Coach who will help you ride the waves. Never Give Up. Let the negatives Descend and remember, nothing good comes easy. Stay the course. You’ll get there.
Derrick has been frustrated in his job as manager of operations. He has been at it for years but his job has lost its zeal. He could apply for the Branch Manager’s position but he wasn’t sure he had what it takes to manage the responsibilities. Besides, he has been thinking about following his passion for design and wants to launch out into his own business. But the sense of Qualm he feels has put him in a state of inertia. He has been afraid that he might fail.
Many are the dreams of people like Derrick. The fear is real but like I’ve always said…feel the fear but do it anyway! Damon Johns, Business Executive of Shark Tank asked the question: “if you had a piece of advice for someone just starting out, what would it be?” People all over boldly shared their views. Because Collaboration is key, I’ve compiled a list extracted from their direct responses. Choose one, two or a few, and apply as you like.
Advice for New Entrepreneurs
- Cashflow is king. Make sure you’ve got cash in the bank to ensure you’re covered for not pulling a wage in the early days
- Work on yourself to know what you’re doing very well. Be persistent and consistent.
- Document every step of your journey, no matter how trivial you think it may be. The data you think is not important today, may prove to be invaluable tomorrow.
- Money talks.
- All progress not saved will be lost.
- Always find reasons and new motivations to keep going at it.
- If you hang around 9 people that are ‘broke’, chances are…you’re going to be number 10.
- Its rough… I mean really rough. Stick to it and take the bumps in stride.
- Do something you love so you never work a day in your life.
- Doing what you love and are great at-is the easy part. Mind the business with equal effort or you’re doomed. Marketing, networking etc. and don’t ever forget … never play it safe. Take risks, and go after it.
- Work hard. Focus and be unreasonable. This is what creates discipline and growth.
- Don’t get so busy that you forget to say your prayers.
- Value yourself, believe in you when no one else will. Right before you quit, try one more time with a different plan of action. Always be true to yourself and others. Make time for fun, not all work.
- It’s not going to be easy but know that with paitence and persistence it will happen. Be around the people going in the same direction that you want to go.
- Never give up. Fight for your dreams.
- Just be yourself. Don’t try to do what everyone else is doing just because everyone esle is doing it. The business model that works for others might not work for you. Being an entrpreneur is your chance to do it just the way you want to!
- To work at it every waking hour.
- Say the phrase…finish it.
- Believe in yourself and take risks.
- Best advice I learned from running my company is it’s ok to be a bitch sometimes. Clients and customers will treat you with respect sometimes. Other times they run all over you taking advantage of your kindness. Balance is key. Ya gotta know when to put your foot down and look people in the eye with “that look” and speak your true mind instead of putting on the “professional front” through their bullshit.
- Stay laser focused on the goal even if your strategy isn’t perfect yet. Make progress daily.
- Keep going.
- To start.
- Find someone that has something you want. Do what they do and you will get what they got.
- Start …like the end doesn’t matter.
- A winner never quits, and a quitter never wins.
So that’s the list. Different opinions but great diversity. Are there a few that resonates with you? Anything missing that you could add? Take a look again and if you’re still busy dreaming…start doing today!
Need help? Let’s connect!
Follow me on instagram for daily motivation.