You can make anything by writing.”
Developing your writing craft is not easy. As authors we stick to it because it’s our passion. The zeal with which we are connected is likened to a web but one in which we wish not to escape.
Many are the traditional thinking that authors hardly make money, let alone survive while working on their craft. But what do you say to the likes of Stephen King, Poet Maya Angelou, Harry Potter’s J.K. Rowling and countless others. You may say that they are successful because they are well known. Banish that thought and delve into the story of Stephen King who was rejected so many times that he actually threw in the trash his best selling novel. Were it not for his wife, the world would not have enjoyed this story’s amazing work.
So here I share excerpts of my presentation on the topic of “From Books to Bucks”, held at the South Florida’s Writers Book Festival.
Books 2 Bucks
- Write Quality Work
- Books can have babies. Think of workbooks, series, and so much more
- Convert your book to Audio
- Create an audience through tapping into Podcast listener-ship
- Translate your Book into a different language. Oh the new audience it brings
- Convert your book to film, movie, documentary
- Written non-fiction? Immense business opportunities exists. Think of workshops, how-to events and more
- In the arts? Use your book as the stepping stone to fashion and design
- Want to develop and grow your passion? Stick with the right people
- Become a Conference Speaker. Share your expertise
- Don’t sit on it, enter your book for an Award
Want to go from Books to Bucks, Select from the list, focus your craft on the point(s) you believe you will get best win, then promote, promote, promote. Marketing your work is the key to success and it does not have to cost you a ton. Use social media wisely. It can help you grow into something you never thought you could be.
I end with encouraging you to Be Serious about your craft. SHOW UP and promote, promote, promote.