Getting married, what do you do? When a hurricane approaches what do you do? When a storm watch is on what do you do? When you have an exam, what do you do? When a mother is expecting, what does she do?
The above are Avid life situations that are common to us. So what do we do when these situations draw near? It’s simple…we prepare, we act. It’s no different when other unfamiliar situations approach. Steve heard rumors that his company had been sold. 60 percent of the employees would be integrated into the new company. Unfortunately, he was not contacted by the new management so it was highly unlikely that he would go with them. In that situation what should he do? Wait forever expecting that call? Get sick because of the impending job loss? He, like so many others, remained stuck, steadfast, unmoveable…waiting.
5 Signs of Being Stuck
- You remain focused on the past.
- Even if you want change, you feel safer doing the same things over and over again.
- You avoid talking to people fearing that they will ask you how things are going
- You have nothing to look forward to.
- What is the point? What am I doing with my life? are questions you often ask yourself.
- You envy others
7 Things To Do When Stuck
- Do something! Step out! Complete that application! Try something new!
- Plan an escape rather than daydream about different scenarios. Go on a trip to relax and reboot your thoughts.
- Switch up your daily activities.
- Don’t envy and compare yourself to others.
- Do one positive thing for yourself today.
- If you want to change your life, Pray. Change your environment.
- Find a mentor or coach. Ask for help
Today, Zip it up! Just do something. Don’t leave your future in the hands of someone else. It’s Your life. Make it count.
Follow me on instagram for Daily Motivation
Who has ever died because they were fired? Being fired customarily means being let go from your job for cause, because you underperformed or did something contrary to policies. Bad as it is …no one. Some may ‘die’ because of their reaction to the devastating news that their job was outsourced, restructured, replaced. But the loss of a job has never ‘killed’ anyone.
Life throws us off at times. It’s filled with surprises that knocks us off our feet…that bursts the Spike of our dreams, and Fry our goals so they seem unreachable. But it is what we do with the hand that’s given to you that counts.
You may also like 3 Directions: Which One Are You
Be wise, stay strong. Get back on your feet, and forge ahead. There’s hope.
Follow me on Instagram for daily motivation
Melanie is at a crossroads in life. She graduated college, got a job and has been working ‘just because’.
David has worked as a senior manager for over 10 years but over the past 3 years he has been dreaming of more. His sense of purpose has been lost. He feels he is drifting.
It’s been 4 years since Carol lost her job due to restructuring. Since then she has worked odd jobs, has big dreams but through fear hesitates to take the step to accomplish her goals.
Mark dreamed of his passion. Took the steps to achieve and now enjoys the benefits of his entrepreneurial ventures. Still he seeks more ways to learn, develop his skills, and grow.
We have all been there. Life’s crossroads beckons times of reflection pushing us to search deep within our souls to find out if there’s more to life. We ponder about the next step. Where should we go? What should we do? How should we do it? or should we do it at all. John Maxwell speaks about the 3 kinds of people when it comes to directions in life. These are:
3 Kinds of People in Pursuit of Goals
1.People Who Don’t Know what they would like to do.
These people are confused. They dabble, drift, with no sense of direction. If they grow, it is without focus.
2. People who Know what they would like to do but Don’t do it
These people are frustrated. They worry, they fear. They want to step out but are afraid they won’t be able to take care of their responsibilities. Sometimes they are not willing to pay the price to learn, grow, and move closer to their dream. Sadly, these people also miss out on reaching their potential.
3. People who know what they would like to do and do it.
These people are fulfilled. They possess a strong sense of passion, they achieve their purpose, they grow, they learn, they develop. As they strive for more we Chuckle thinking they are perfect but they know better as they seek continuous development.
You may also like What Does Success Mean to you?
Look back on the list, which type resonates with you? Consider. Reflect. Share. Need help? Let’s connect.
Follow me on Instagram for Daily Motivation
Get an education. Become a lawyer, doctor, get a cool career! Marry Prince/Princess Charming. Buy that nice big house. Have the perfect kids. These are some of the wishes that moms and dads often want for their children to Jolt them to success. But I have always stressed that you should not let anyone define what success means to you. It’s entirely your decision.
Brian Tracy asked the question “What Does Success Mean to You?” Responses came in Opaque forms including:
- Doing what I want when I want and helping others so that they can to help themselves
- The highest level of success is happiness
- Do the right thing and be a great person or human being
- Not caring if it is Monday or Friday. Loving every day of the week the same. Having a good relationship with people. Making a difference. Continuously learning and doing more and more to improve yourself as a human being
- Being happy with what you do
- Success is being able to do what I want, when I want and with whom I want with the ability to help and lift up others along the way
- Success is when you have freedom financially, debt free and you see the success of other people through you. Success is not only money–if you are happy in all areas of life and have peace of mind.
- Getting all dreams or aims in life by way of planning and professional development
- Success brings happiness and high satisfaction…smiles
- Success is knowing what you are sent to do and giving it all that’s required to accomplish it. Success is discovering something interesting about your life and going the extra mile to manifest it
- Being able to manage my time and be at places I want with the people I love. But the best part of success is finding our purpose in life and giving it away
- Self developmet is the key and success will run towards you
- Success is when I’m proud of me
- Starting my own business
- To always focus on my own business
- New birth
- Rewrite my life
- Success means balance to me
- Being able to provide, being at the top of my game doing what I love, my own large home, nice car, decent healthcare cover, happiness
- What I have done compared to what I could have done
- Inspire people to think like me
- Prosperity, peace, and contentment in every area of my life
- Being happy in everything that I do. Feeling loved in my work and trying to see the result of my efforts
- To be free with this what I love. Helping!
- My definition of success…my family
Does any of these definitions resonate with you? What’s your own definition?
Peter Souza, former official White House photographer, when asked about his success said “you have gotta start somewhere and there is no one path to be successful” (in his case photography). But I extend it to say, it is the same thing for any endeavor we strive for in life. You have to start somewhere.
Follow me on Instagram for daily motivation
Who in their right mind can say that they are Pleased when challenges come their way? Very few persons. But challenges help us grow. It is our attitude to the challenges that help us survive a failing business, life events, careers, educational pursuits, natural disasters, tragedies, and more.
Recently, I shared the story of Nick Vujicic who was born without arms and legs, yet not only has he survived, he is now a worldwide successful motivational speaker.
You may also like 5 Ways to Overcome Bad Luck
So when the challenges come as they certainly will, use self-awareness and motivation to best manage it. As you face your Biggest Fears, hold strong knowing that challenges come your way to boost you, to make you stronger … to achieve your goals, dreams and aspiration.
Don’t Give up!
Follow me on Instagram for Daily Motivation
“Nothing. I don’t know, I can’t think of …anything”. These answers were repeated several times from a question asked of individuals “what do you love about yourself“. Responses included:
- I don’t love anything about myself.
- Self Awareness
- My will power
- I don’t know
- My strong determined, lively, ambitious spirit
- How I am such an amazing girl
- At the end of the day I am grateful life is so amazing–so much good all around
- Whole me except anger
- My deep soul that surprises me all the …how much it can hold
For those who look on the dull side of life and consider the negatives regarding the affection you have for yourself, it would be wise sit and Unravel the details of this perception. Take the time to develop yourself personally, and become more aware of who you are.
Self Awareness is having a clear perception of your personality, including strengths, weaknesses, thoughts, beliefs, motivation, and emotions. Self Awareness allows you to understand other people, how they perceive you, your attitude and your responses to them in the moment. To improve yourself individuals should consider:
- Developing your talents and potential
- Building your ability to be gainfully employed in whatever career you choose
- Enhancing your quality of life
- Considering your future and take the steps to achieve your dreams, goals, and aspirations.
Does any of the negative responses listed depict you? Can you identify with any? If so, take the steps today to boost your self-awareness and build your self-confidence, self-discovery, and vision. Only then will you be on your way to relentlessly pursue true success.
Follow me on instagram for daily motivation
TIME Magazine shared the story of a young lady who trespassed on a private property to take a selfie on California’s highest bridge. She slipped and fell 60 feet below! Luckily for her, she only suffered several broken bones, an Outlier that in her Tenacious efforts knocked her unconscious but she lived to Heal and tell the tale!
I attended a meeting recently and the dream of one young lady was to visit Arizona to take a selfie 🤳 on a cliff. Love the dream! But…are such dreams worth your life should you slip?
Goals inspire! They ignite our passion to dream, to prepare, to plan while ultimately enjoying the journey. Sure some dreams are safe! Some risky…even explosive! Some make our mouths water! With all that, let’s use wisdom to survive, to thrive to reap the benefits!