The Only Limit To Our Realization Of Tomorrow Will Be Our Doubts Of Today. ~Franklin D. Roosevelt
Music, passion, travel, the rain some shared. Once a staff member fell seriously ill. Apparently she hid it from most but as it progressed, it became more evident. Word finally reached me in my role as HR. That was when I called to tell her of the concerns raised by her co-workers. It was then that she shared her situation. It was grave… with a crescendo of physical issues, she wouldn’t survive. I immediately jumped into action-mode to assist in the best way that I could.
In reflecting on the question “What Inspires you?” I realized that what inspires me is the ability to make a difference in the lives of others. Helping others inspires gratification. Here I share a brief synopsis from the perspective response of what inspires others.
- The random people I meet and the random conversations that take place. It’s incredible what inspiration you can find from genuinely listening to people’s stories.
- Lemon drops or just candy in general. Also pieces of jewelry but mostly necklaces. I have this sea glass necklace that’s inspired 2 stories already. If anyone needs inspiration I would suggest going downtown and just walk around and look at stuff.
- Music lyrics inspire me. Sometimes a certain sentence just sticks. Travel and nature and of course experiences .
- Daily things around me.
- Mythical creatures, music, horror stories/movies, different people I meet and talk with.
- Sparking a love of reading in kids and young adults.
- Lines of Shakespeare and Emerson. Walking in nature. Autumn and Winter inspire with the scenery and feelings they give me…old things, antique shops, bookstores, leather-bound journals, maps, Fall evenings.
- My friends, music, books, scented candles, and history
- The inner and outer universe.
- I find what if questions to be really useful.
- Love and how it compels people like Rose looking for Jack at the bottom of the ship while its sinking. That’s love.
- My weird perceptions of human nature and civilization
- Pictures, people, and most of all moments in time.
- Rain, grey skies, other art and gardens. Sometimes cats, animations or music
- Everything. There is beauty and inspiration in all different things in life
- Sound. the way you pour water into a glass, sons, the sound of the wind, the rain
- Music, love, sadness
- Struggle. Finding light in darkness
- Stephen King
- Current events
- Humans and their flaws
- Reading. Going to the bookstore.
- Button poetry
- Sweet misery
- Ice cream and rainy days
- I think nature. Happiness inspire me and says do something different for others.
- Philosophy and knowledge
- Fear of failure
- Anything creative
- Strange occurrences
What about you? What inspires you? Do share…we would love to hear!
As life evolves, keep up. ~Patricia Chin
I had the pleasure of sitting in on an intimate conversation with Reggae Music’s Matriarch Patricia Chin in an interview with G. Cole, as she celebrated 40 years of founding VP Records. She has promoted and released music for renowned artists the likes of Shaggy, Sean Paul, Beenie Man, Beres Hammond, Taurus Riley, Romain Virgo, Etana, Elephant Man, Morgan Heritage, Lady Saw, Freddie McGregor, Dennis Brown and many more. Taking Reggae music from unknown to where it is today, she shared tips on how entrepreneurs and goal-seekers can achieve Success in today’s fast changing world. Here I share 24 of my personal faves:
24 Inspiring Tips For New Entrepreneurs
- As life evolves, keep up. There’s opportunity for everyone.
- Think outside the box – do what others aren’t doing
- Always think of new ideas
- Get into the full circle of business
- Listen to the customer
- Collaborate.Create partnerships. Help others
- Think of market needs and how can you help meet those needs
- Teach as you go along
- Sometimes it’s not the right time. Be patient. Wait.
- Continuous learning. Unlearn. Relearn. Just learn. Grow
- The journey is hard but if you stick with it and have a passion you can make it
- Competition is good.
- Keep striving and try to do the best you can and you will make it
- Do what you must. Learn. If you can’t speak the language find another way to communicate
- There’s enough for everyone if we do it right
- Let no one stop you. Go after what you want.
- Have passion and a goal
- Don’t be afraid to ask questions
- Surround yourself with positive people
In her line of business Pat Chin summarized that her greatest achievement was watching her artists evolve to stardom and notoriety. In her words “Music never dies. The sweetness is there still”.
From the list above, what works for you? Do share. We would love to hear.
What can be awesome about finishing last? Finishing! ~ODB
The race is not for the swift. Too often we watch others. What are they going to say? How will they feel? They will hate. Discourage…say bad things.
The story was told by Our Daily Bread about a mom who went to the finish line to check on her daughter who finished the race last. Her goal? To encourage her. She was the one encouraged when the young girl exclaimed… I finished! She was running against her personal best.
This adage reminds us to focus on ourselves, our goals, our own prowess. If we continue to let the notion of “what will they say” impact us, then we will always lag behind. Even remain stuck.
Take a Stand
Today go out and do your best. What have you been holding back on? What do you need to go after? No matter how simple, Go out and do it. Rid the fear. Start now. Start today. With one step at a time, you’re sure to surprise yourself when you focus on you.
Need help? Let’s connect.
Time. Overthinking. Distractions. Those were some of the thoughts from writers as they reflected on the issues encountered when they want to write. Here I share 21 as writers chimed in response to the forum question:
What do you struggle with the most when writing?
6.Focus on one topic / idea at a time
12. Taking what you’ve learned and start another book
15. Sitting down to actually write
16. Starting but not completing a story
As a writer, can you identify with any of the above Struggles? Any missing? Do share. We would love to hear.
Who sees your whole iceberg? The failures, fears, hard work, and the will to never give up in pursuit of your #goals. Arianna Huffington shared this graphical reminder of this common analogy of the success people see but not the sacrifices made along the way.
Something to think about as you continue your pursuit to achieve your goals, dreams and aspirations.
Keep going. Never give up.
If you could give advice to your younger self, what would it be?
Life changes. We evolve, make decisions, choose careers, relationships, and enlarge our own space to embrace and create our own circle of influence including nuclear families. Recently I came across the common question about life and pondering the changes you would have made if you had the chance to advise your younger self. In deep thought I decided to ask professionals what their thoughts were. Most reflected. Here are excerpts of those who quickly chimed in:
- Stop and smell the roses. Life passes by in a flash. Children grow up. Relationships mature, evolve, change. Enjoy life. Appreciate the little things.
- Take more adventures. Let go of traditions.
- Enjoy life more along my journey. To be fearless and take more risks.
- Slow down, travel, start a business, invest, read more.
- Things don’t need to be perfect or need the approval of others. Dream big and go after your dream.
- Believe in Yourself
- Start walking with the Lord earlier
- Take great risks. Step out in faith. It has put me in a shrunken box…away from a life I was used to….but I am satisfied and firmly believe I will get to the dream I desire, despite the tough road I tarry. Perhaps I would not have known God the way I now do.
- Always have courage as life is not linear. Even if you don’t think it makes sense stop reflect and listen to the universe. The path is already defined
- Be bold
- Don’t give up and push for the reality of your dreams
- Be bolder in your steps. Everyone is trying to pave a path for themselves in life and are also facing their own doubts and struggles. They may act out in both love and hate so don’t react to either and never be discouraged when you don’t always hear what you want or allow naysayers to erode your confidence.
- You’ll get there. Everything doesn’t have to happen right away. Don’t dwell on the worst parts
- Pray more and listen to people less.
- Experience Peace and happiness always
- Be more patient. Do not feel so rushed all of the time. Give things a chance.
- Put your energy into things that can truly change or improve. Don’t spin your wheels on dead-end projects.
What about you? What advice would you give to your younger self? Do share. We would love to hear!
Ever been caught between a rock and a hard place? You ask yourself “should I, or should I not?”The choices we make in life are sometimes good, sometimes bad; at times right, at times wrong. But kudos to you when you make a choice.
Making a choice is not always easy. We hesitate, deliberate and become stuck. To be stuck means to be trapped in something. Not being sure which direction to take. Have you ever been there? You experience sadness, complacency, a loss of care. Even when you do care, you feel caught, remain steadfast-unmovable…not sure what to do. Remember our beloved child actor McCaulay Culkin? We want him to remain a child forever. We want to be able to watch the movie Home Alone during the holidays. We want him to remain as he was without changing to feed our fantasies of the ideal family vacation during the holidays!
But life isn’t like that. As we contemplate where we are now in our life, career, relationship, entrepreneurship endeavor, health and more, we often come up short. Few of us find satisfaction that where we are now is where we want to be.
So today, take some time and reflect. Are you where you want to be in life? If not, why? After contemplating, take action. This will help you get unstuck and back on track. Stop procrastinating. Start moving to achieve your dreams, goals, and aspirations. Remember… good intentions never change anything. So act now.
Need help? Lets connect.