People waste years trying not to waste hours. ~Michael Lewis.
Is that for real? Is being lazy a good thing? That’s what Michael Lewis said in this INC article why being lazy makes you successful. He argued that being lazy is the key to Success. But is it for real? Lewis achieved much in life so I’d hardly say he was lazy.
However, what I’d say is that he focused on things that were in fact important, and did not spend time being busy… for busy sake.
Deplete. Admit it…many of us are like that… especially the type A’s. If ever we find ourselves not doing anything we feel as guilty as ever. I have a colleague who broke her leg during a vacation trip and she found it like hell to be sitting in recovery…not being able to do the things she wanted to do.
So I encourage you the next time you find yourself being busy, look around you and ask the question, “is this adding value to my life…to my long term goals and dreams?”
If not, let it go. Refocus.
Need help? Let’s Connect.
Sometimes you will have to do it Afraid
Excited, yet terrified! But does it stop us? No! The excitement! The Adrenalin Rush pushes us forward in spite of our fears.
I did a sky dive (tandem jump) which was maybe one of the most terrifying thing in my life. But though I was scared that certain death faced me 14,000 ft. below if anything went wrong, I did it anyway. I jumped and was able to share with my 2 girls (as worried as they were) that they can do anything they put their minds to.
Jump in-spite of your Fear
Sometimes we gotta just jump in-spite of our fears! Those difficult goals, those Luminescent entrepreneurial feat that tend to freeze us as we face life’s challenges! Our fears heighten because of what we foresee in the future if things go awry…. But, don’t let them retard your progress. Move forward and in faith do what you must. You may even surprise yourself in the relish of the amazing things you can accomplish once you step outside your comfort zone.
So go ahead, do it even when you’re afraid.
Need help? Lets connect.
Water…a necessity for life. For living. We can’t do without it.
I love the different forms water comes in. It may be the river, the sea, the tap, waterfall, canal, stream; it may even appear through bursts of lightening and thunder!
Water though essential to living can also be extremely dangerous. It gives life and it can take it. Should we be afraid? No, not at all. As with many things in life, it’s our approach that counts. Either we care for it, plan for it, or neglect it as in hurricane Warnings and suffer the consequences.
Today, may we bask in the comfort and delights of magical streams. Let’s dream. Let’s reflect and achieve.
Writing is its own reward. – Henry Miller
Ever thought of writing your own story? Publishing your own book? Consider the 9 Steps to Writing Your First Book. A new author asked the question ….”I am having my first book signing, what should I do? Are there any tips or suggestions?” Experienced authors chimed in with several pointers that vociferously Churn. Here are excerpts:
Book Signing Tips
- Have fun
- Host it at a Bookstores or Restaurant
- Do a drawing for a special prize
- Promote on social media
- Text friends
- Decide on a default wording to sign books
- Show your enthusiasm to your guests
- Bring extra books and pens
- Don’t expect to sell a lot of books and you won’t be disappointed. It’s all about networking
- Bring a snack for yourself if you are not providing refreshments
- Bring candy/chocolates for attendees
- Have swag (bookmarks etc)
- Have Business cards with your amazon author page printed on it
- On the back of business cards say something like “book reviews are appreciated”
- Communicate with local TV & Radio stations via their FB page
- Be ready to answer questions about your book or any future books you’re creating
- Advertise in the community and give a discount during book signing
- talk with attendees and share your manuscript journey
- Get a friend to help with financial transaction
- Have a Tablecloth
- Ask people to send a FB Friend request which grows your followers
- Practice how you will sign the books
- Give a bookmark/ postcards with amazon book location for future purchases
- Take index cards and ask them to write their names on it. Avoids spelling errors in name endorsements
- Prepare what to Read for Reading Presentation
- Bring chip for Payment
- Have a large picture of the book cover and you on the table
- Include Book stands and racks for easy display and reading
- Invite a lot of people, don’t let them feel Betrayed
- Craft a signature for signing your books. Separate from your regular check signing signature
- Sign on the title page
- Take pictures with admirers
- Bring Cash to make change
- Don’t forget to get emails to build your list
- Arrive early for set up
- Relax and have fun!
Hope this helps.
Love’s Faceless beauty evokes smiles that thrill the delights of family, friends, amidst foes.
Love you 💕💕
Love you today 💕
Love you tomorrow 💕
Loved you yesterday 💕
Will love you forever 💕💕
Do not disturb. Dreaming up new ideas.
Giving Thanks in Fact with a Grateful Heart.
Followers, You Rock!
When life gets Messy, take the time to reflect. Relax and get some rest. It encourages renewal. Then later, plunge forward full speed ahead after.
We read to know we’re not alone
What is your favorite activity when you grab that delightful book, and get lost in its world of Imagination? Barnes and Noble asked the question. Is it a cup of tea? Your pet? A cozy chair? Foreign? What’s your perfect reading companion?
Here I share excerpts of those who enthusiastically shared their favs.
- Rain, snacks, home alone, quiet
- A cloudy or rainy day
- Tea and chunky blanket
- Dog, a blanket, and Earl Grey
- My bed
- Reading with a nice cup of ice tea
- A warm blanket and the sound of the rain
- A cosy chair with a cup of tea and a cat curled in lap
- Coffee and comfy chair
- Strawberry Milk and China Anne McClain
- My couch
- Relaxing music, PJs
- Rainy day by a fireplace
- Wine, red wine
When Life knocks you down, get back up
Alena planned an inaugural event for an organization in need. It was going to be grand. Sponsors actively participated. The media agreed to show up. Surprisingly the greatest struggle came from the organization’s leadership. It seemed it was going to be a failure. A little saddened and downcast she continued planning the event’s activities. Naturally, fear, anxiety, agitation and more reared its ugly head. But she plodded on.
Amazingly, like an Astral, the event turned out to be just grand! A tremendous success. She walked away with key learnings for the next year. Yup! There’ll be another.
So when life knocks you down; when sickness, pain, sudden job loss, marriage fails, children falter, relationships go south; cry if you must but just stay focused on your goal. You’ll get there with consistency, tons of hard work, and persistence. Find a mentor, a confidante, or Coach who will help you ride the waves. Never Give Up. Let go of the negatives and remember, nothing good comes easy. Stay the course. You’ll get there.
Connect with Me.