It’s Beginning to look a lot like Christmas
It’s the most wonderful time of the year! Christmas! The Holidays! Whatever you call it… to me its the most wonderful time of the year! People are kind, joyful, generous, smiling, pretty-all dressed up for those office parties, and family gatherings! There’s sumptuous food, Folly jolly chocolate delights, gifts and so much more! Yes, I know there’s always the Grinch but they’re just a few, so let’s not let them spoil it for us too.
Music of the Season
The season kicks off with holiday music… and today I would love to share them all! Hey, I’m just kidding! I will just share 11 of my favs!
- All I want want for Christmas is you (Mariah Carey)
- It’s the most wonderful time of the year (Andy Williams)
- Holly Jolly Christmas (Burl Ives)
- Feliz Navidad (Jose Feliciano)
- Mary did you know (Pentatonix)
- Silent Night (Temptations)
- Last Christmas (Bing Crosby)
- Let it Snow (Dean Martin)
- This Christmas (Chris Brown)
- You’re a mean one Mr. Grinch (Thurl Ravenscroft)
- It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas (Johnny Mathis)
Am I missing any of your personal favs? Do Share! We would love to hear!
Time and tide wait for no man….~Robert Frost
What Advice Would You Give To Someone About Life In Their 30’s? That was the question posed in a social media question. Followers quickly chimed in. Here I share excerpts:
- Prepare to want to be in bed by 9pm on Friday, plus lots more wisdom and wine.
- 30s are awesome because you settle into self-love and you stop caring what everyone else thinks
- Live your best life. Do you!
- Think positive thoughts. Find reasons to smile throughout the day. Travel often.
- 30’s are so good! The happiest decade! Wish I was still there.
- Stay strong. Stay positive. You will be greater than you already are and more important be confident. Know and believe that you are amazing and keep believing in yourself.
- 30 is the age at which you reclaim yourself.
- Inspire. Empower. Spread joy.
- Learn patience and forgiveness
- Put on your dance shoes and shake it all decade. Flats will be calling in your 40s.
- Life is just beginning. The best is yet to come.
- Become your goal. Success is yours for the taking. Go for it even if you’re afraid. Take the first step
- Prepare for an urgent need to change almost everything about your life; how you work; who you work for, what you will and won’t put up with from others.
- Love hard and live hard. But be cautious
- Embrace your authentic self. Pray for wisdom. Be happy and thankful for every opportunity. Know your self-worth. Invest in your future and serve others.Remain humble. Love, laugh and live.
- No is a complete sentence
- Take it one day at a time
- Stay close to your mother and father
- 30s are fantastic; 40s even better; and 50s so far – the best yet. You truly are as old as you believe you are.
- Moisturize and drink a gallon of water everyday
- Always listen to your inner voice and remember you are a champion
There you have it! A few excerpts. Anything missing that you would like to add? Do share. We would love to hear!
We are the creative force of our life, and through our own decisions rather than our conditions, if we carefully learn to do certain things, we can accomplish those goals. ~Steven Covey.
I was chatting with a colleague recently about a celebrity who showed the withering signs of drug abuse. A successful actor he was, then began his downward steps to deprivation. One taste, one touch, one excuse rationalizing …doing it only once. His curiosity sparked, then began his trek.
To Wither means to lose force or vitality; to become diminished; wane. On the other hand, to Flourish means to grow well; to be healthy, to be successful, to hold up and show something in an excited or proud way. Which do you choose?
In life we can’t always play it safe. But we must be wise. We must know which goals to pursue; which friends to keep, which decisions to make. Once done, we must take responsibility for our action.
To be successful, one has to take risks. So be wise. Then step out into the unknown. Who knows, anything can happen. Dream. Believe. Achieve. Flourish.
Never give up; for even rivers someday wash dams away. ~Arthur Golden
Someday I will do this. Someday I will do that.
How many of us often sit or live at the ‘wishing well’ that someday I’ll do this, or that. Someday I’ll get that perfect body. I’ll have that perfect house, job, spouse, marriage with the perfect kids; go on that dream vacation, and much more! Oh if wishes were horses so many would ride.
Someday is Today
Why not let someday be today? I reflect on the movie Hidden Figures where each of the three women at NASA — Katherine Johnson, Dorothy Vaughan, and Mary Jackson served as the brains behind one of the greatest operations in history: the launch of astronaut John Glenn into space.
The inaugural team at NASA decided to step out and do something that was never done before. From the astronaut, NASA’s president, the judge, and naturally the women. They all stepped out and did something different. And guess what? It worked! Their efforts changed the world (well outer space– orbit)!
Start Here. Start Now
Why not let your someday be today? Start here, start now. Step out. Go do that thing that you’ve always dreamed of. Become an entrepreneur! Write that book! Enrol in that course! Start that blog! Take that vacation! Leave that stressful job! You are capable. You never know what’s out there unless you try.
May your someday be today.
Travel changes you. As you move through this life and this world you change things slightly, you leave marks behind, however small. And in return, life—and travel—leaves marks on you.” – Anthony Bourdain
Motivation doesn’t last. Bathing doesn’t either. That’s Why I Recommend it daily. ~Zig Ziglar.
New book coming soon! For those new to entrepreneurship Motivational Quotes for New Entrepreneurs is a must for the daily grind. Plan to get yours and Rev-up your success.