Where does a writer derive the inspiration to write?
That was the question a new writer asked on a public forum. Here I share as experienced veteran writers excitedly chimed in.
- The desire to be heard
- From within
- Life experiences
- Observations and creativity
- From being disciplined
- Desire to entertain. Seen housands of movies and read countless books.
- Inserting imagination into current events.
- Nature. Walking around the beach, rivers, forests. Observing the moon and the stars
- Sitting and watching people walk around
- Learning something cool and new
- My imagination – lot of times from photos of places and people
- The need to share what I know
- Jesus Christ
- Life experiences – history read
- Love, hate inferences. Sit in a pub or hotel and watch. Watch as a woman looks at a man with love or fear. See how children clutch at their parents hands
- When a writer is least expecting it. Always be prepared and keep a notebook and pen on hand
- Life and in happiness and hardship
- Book, people, family, friends. Anything seen, heard, tasted, felt, imagined, think, love. Things that cause joy and things that cause pain
- From others out there that you might commiserate with. Write a note in a bottle. Send it out and hold your breath that it will come back to you in time
- Get people to tell your their life story
- Previous mistakes, perennial failures
Does any of these writers thoughts resonate with you? Is there anything you would like to add? Do share! We would love to hear.
Stuck. Like an amoeba your life takes the shape of whatever comes your way. No planning. No forward thinking. Just there. Staring; hoping; going with the flow.
There’s a friend of mine who always says ” ahhh life’. It’s her response to the issues that comes her way. The issues that she figures there is nothing she can do about them. With that kind of thinking, those of us who are like her will simply live by taking whatever comes our way.
Life’s Deeper Meaning
Like my friend, are you at that point where you take whatever comes your way? Is that life? Most certainly not. Life is more than that. To adapt or to conform is still just simply taking whatever comes your way. Be confident. Know that Life has a deeper meaning.
It is my belief that nothing happens unless we Act. Unless we make it happen. As long as there is life, there’s hope. Unless we do something and take action, our dreams will remain just that…dreams. Nothing will come through.
So today if you are in a state of apathy, wake up. Do something. Even when you don’t feel like moving, push it. Go after your goals, dreams and aspirations. Who knows…when you move you might just get lucky and achieve great things. Just do it.
Need help? Let’s connect.
Readers make writers and writers make readers
Writers write for many different reasons. Never Meaningless, the reasons are specific to each writer. Naturally writing for ordinary work as in preparing policies, reports, or memos differs from the writing writers do, which often is for their own satisfaction. Some writers write poetry. Some write short stories that ignite passion, joy, or pleasure as in fiction writers. Others write non-fiction sharing their own true stories, those of a loved one, or some about topics they care about as in Success. Whatever your reason for writing it makes sense to read a lot in order to write with finesse that satisfies yourself or your audience.
7 Books To Strengthen Writing
Here are 7 books that will help to strengthen your craft:
- Elements of Style by William Strunk, Jr.
- Working People Talk About What They do All Day by Studs Terkel
- How Fiction Works by James Wood
- The Rest is Noise by Alex Ross
- Kill All Your Darlings by Luc Sante
- On Writing by Stephen King
- Nobody Wants to Read Your Sh*t by Steven Pressfield
Start with Yes!
Yes to your dreams. Yes to your hopes and aspirations. Yes to make that move. Go ahead. Just Say Yes and do it.
The meaning of life is to find your purpose. The purpose of life is to give it away. ~Pablo Picasso
Jillee went through some stuff. It’s called life. Through her journey she developed a passion and a will to find her purpose–what she really wanted to do. She did. From her list, I share my top favorite ways how you too can find your purpose and passion in life.
- Find out what you hate doing
- Love everything you do
- Slow down
- Make a creativity Board
- Make a list of People you admire
- Examine the themes in your life
- Remember what you loved as a child
- Focus on the fun
- Try visualization
- Own your uniqueness
- Ask your friends for feedback on when they see you the happiest
- Cultivate Confidence
Great list right? Try one, two or a few and find your purpose and passion today. Personally I would also encourage you to look deep into your inner being–your spirituality. But that’s me. Already found yours? Do share, we would love to hear.
Taking Time out does not mean stopping your Goals. It means reflecting on why you started. ~Dr. Shelly Cameron
I was driving to work deep in thought about the day’s schedule and some challenges that needed attention when suddenly I saw a sign that read “Be Prepared To Stop“. In their case they were talking about road work up ahead. In my case it meant to me that sometimes life’s goals will come with challenges. We set goals but we have to be prepared to stop, slow down, and wait until we get the GreenLight to go. At times there will be setbacks which may require us to make U-Turns or even change directions completely.
As you know, unexpected stops and delays can be annoying especially if you’re rushing somewhere that you really want to get to. You set goals and deadlines. Then suddenly something comes up causing delays. But it is all a part of the greater plan.
It’s In Time Away That We Get Clarity
You see, it’s in time away from our routine that we get clarity. Once we stop we are able to think clearly. All are necessary in life in order for us to achieve, to develop, and to grow. Sometimes we are so caught up in our life engagements that we miss the big picture. It is then that we need to de-stress. To take the time to take care of ourselves. To chill; to relax. Only then will we be able to think clearly on which direction to go.
Today, stop for a bit and reconnect with your future. Your goals depend on it. Need help? Let’s connect.
Goals:Be careful what you Wish for. You might get it.
JK Rowling wished to write a book that would be successful. She did. The Harry Potter series was amazing. Readers could hardly wait for each book to be published. But JK Rowling did not like the spotlight. She liked privacy. But that was not to be after writing her books.
That dream job you want. You go after it. You get it. Then it turns out to be your worst nightmare.
You pursue the man or woman of your dreams. Get Married. Then suddenly things change.
The point is when seeking your goals, make sure you think them through fully. Is what you are seeking what you want?
Food For Thought
Go after those Goals with fervor. But look before you leap.