A young Mom passed away after her dream of getting the right body back after having three children. Her own mom (kids’ grandmother) told how she worked 2 jobs for a year then finally had saved enough money. She scheduled and went to the surgery but unfortunately stopped breathing during the procedure.
The Right Focus
Make sure your goals are the right focused. Her three kids must now go on to live a life without their mother. Chances are the same situation existed while she was doing the two jobs. They are now without her for good after she succumbed to the very surgery she worked so hard to have.
No criticism here.
We all want the perfect things. Hey… that’s why we set goals. In the case of that young mother she worked hard, did what she had to do. Sometimes it works out. Sometimes it doesn’t. Sometimes you fail. if you have the opportunity to try again. Go ahead and do it.
Just one thing …Remember you’re beautiful just the way you are. Take care of you. It’s the only you, you have. Survive so you can enjoy the goals, dreams and aspirations you worked so hard for.
How about you? When was the last time you Reflected on the purpose of the goal you set? Do share. We would love to hear.
Small daily improvements over time lead to stunning results. ~Robin Sharma
Inc shared Christina DesMarais 25 Simple Daily Habits That Separate High Achievers From Everyone Else Here I Share my top 11 favs from her list.
Top Habits of High Achievers
- Every morning, delegate, defer, and delete.
- Start every day very early
- Get outdoors for physical activity.
- Focus on quality, not quantity.
- Set aside 30 minutes to focus on long-term improvements
- Make time for joy.
- Start the day with meditation.
- Listen, read, and create something new.
- Never book more than half your day.
- Put creativity back on your to-do list.
- Visualize success
Of the traits the two that stand out are delegate, defer and delete. Too often we try to do everything ourselves without delegating or deferring to those aptly capable. Often too we hold onto stuff that we have been doing for years not realizing the process is no longer applicable and should be …yup…deleted.
My other fav is Never booking more than half our day with meetings. I have have known colleagues who book their entire day without thinking about when they will find time to check emails or communicate with issues awaiting their approval. What then happens is the rush to work late nights, weekends and holidays. Years ago I was as guilty as charged. Then I learnt. Balance is important.
How about you? Any that stands out for you? Do share. We would love to hear.
If you could go back and change one part of your life, what would it be and why?
That’s the question renowned Motivational speaker Brian Tracy asked. Here I share excerpts as his audience chimed in their response.
- I would change nothing. Without them I would not be who I am today. Both good and bad situations have shaped me to be this person in this way.
- Overcoming needless fear
- Getting married to my husband in the 20’s
- Nothing, except for not having taken action earlier to start my online business
- No way would I go back to ‘rethink’ the risks I’ve taken’ they are called risks for a reason. You must be ready to risk it for the biscuit
- Being afraid to speak up
- Give all the books that I read about wealth
- Wish I never quit sports (still went to the gym, but quit football) right before turning 16. Lost a lot of social connection and overall fun
- I would read more books at an early age
- Wouldn’t change anything. Valuable lessons learned from every success and detour
- If I could get a chance to go back in time I would have changed my mindset in my 10th class and think about changing and helping people lives especially children. Thinking towards their growth and success. Focusing on building more independent owners in life
- Reading books and developing myself as a teenager before waiting until my late 20’s
- Spiritual, because everything is derived from it
- I was raised to be obedient – no questions asked. I would go back and rebel at things I knew wasn’t right for me even if I got punishment.
- Nothing. All good things build on top of the past
- The worst parts of my life are the parts that changed me the most today. I can tell you right now that if the singly worst thing that happened to me hadn’t happened, my husband and I wouldn’t be together. It’s not worth changing my past.
- Stop partying years ago
- If it meant I could have my son back who I lost about 22 years ago at the age of 17, I would roll back time and do things much differently as my entire perspective on life changed after losing and then surviving the loss of a child. Because that is not possible, I can say that the person I’ve become out of the ashes of horrible grief, despair and anger is someone that I truly like when I look in a mirror
- Taking better care of others and myself
- I wouldn’t change a thing
There you have it. Thoughts shared by the public. Are your thoughts the same? Would you change anything? Do share. We would love to hear.
I went to the grocery store that’s been in the same locale for more than 10 years. As I stepped in, the Traditional Fragrance of the familiar faces was missing. Confused, I inquired, where are they? I was told that the owners sold the business and had moved to a different location for a bigger and better venture.
I felt cheated. Immediately I decided I’d go find them for… how could they do that to ‘me’?!
Then I started thinking about my own passion. Daily I encourage individuals to take the leap…, go do what you have always wanted to do. Yet here I was–feeling cheated. How dare me?
Has that ever happened to you? We love the familiar. The thing that so Harmonizes and makes us comfortable. Safe. Tranquil. At peace. When it’s gone, we feel a hollow in our life…in our soul. I reflect on the book “Who Moved My Cheese”, which became famous because of its simplicity yet profound impact. The late Spencer Johnson told the story about the Change that takes place in a maze with amusing characters as they searched for cheese. It’s metaphoric delight draws us in as we identify with the characters. Those of us who sniff, scurry, hem, and haw at the sight of change.
Today, I return to my usual self, I am thrilled that the management of that Grocery Store decided to move on. They have gone to achieve their dream. They had taken the bold step to higher heights.
Is there someone you’re blocking from achieving his/her goals? How about you? What’s your own plan for the next 3-5 years? How will you get there? Step aside and allow yourself, family, friend, or foe …(yikes!), to achieve what you/they have always wanted.
Afraid? Let’s connect!
To travel is to live
I was addicted to work. Call it a workaholic or whatever. I worked in the global pharmaceutical industry for a decade and more where I traveled extensively throughout the world including Latin America and the Caribbean. Those areas that I did not travel, I organized and sent teams to sales conventions. When I traveled I would go in on the first flight for a meeting, stay few days to a week then left on the last or first flight out to be back in the office the next day. Whew!
The Travel Bug
There’s now the tug at the heart that says hey…. it’s time to go! As Michael Palin said
Once the travel bug bites, there’s no known antidote
So yes… now I have decided to step out, travel to all these countries again … but this time for pleasure
Benefits Of Travel
So what can traveling do for you? Are there benefits? Here I share 5 reasons:
- Traveling helps us learn and experience different cultures.
- It helps to expand our view of how other people live.
- It opens our minds to different food.
- It allows us to expand our horizon.
- It’s uncomfortable. I’m talking delayed flights, lost luggage and more… all of which means discomfort. But that come with traveling. Then after, you gain the exhilarating discoveries, joys and comfort!
Today I urge you to make the decision. Follow your dreams. Travel….and while you’re at it, Plan other goals. Its totally exciting!
You’re the only you you’ve got
A member of the writers group and a university administrator complained of a tummy ache, and went to urgent care. She was then rushed to the emergency room. She died of a heart attack by morning.
Rest. Exercise. Smile Often
When the going gets tough, Do the best you can. Breathe. Don’t sweat it. Just take it easy on the job, studies or in relationships. Rest. Exercise. Smile often. Life’s too short.
Forget those who attempt to discourage. Some people are there just to test you. Don’t give the enemy a foot into your life.
Keep going. Take care of you.
Take care of you. A member of the writers group and a university administrator complained of a tummy ache, went to urgent care, then rushed to ER. She died of a heart attack by morning.
Take Care of You
Do your best. Breathe. Don’t sweat the small stuff. Just take it easy at work, school, home. Here are four (4) key attributes to sustain you:
- Diet. Eat well
- Exercise. It is beneficial to your life
- Rest. It’s not for the lazy
- Think Pure Thoughts
So reflect on these four (4) attributes and make an effort to focus on those areas that you need to. Then make it a habit to smile often for it goes deep into your soul. It releases positive vibes. Forget haters. Some people are there just to test you. Don’t give the enemy a foot into your being because life’s too short to dwell on the bad.
Need help? Lets connect.
Stuck. Like an amoeba your life takes the shape of whatever comes your way. No planning. No forward thinking. Just there. Staring; hoping; going with the flow.
There’s a friend of mine who always says ” ahhh life’. It’s her response to the issues that comes her way. The issues that she figures there is nothing she can do about them. With that kind of thinking, those of us who are like her will simply live by taking whatever comes our way.
Life’s Deeper Meaning
Like my friend, are you at that point where you take whatever comes your way? Is that life? Most certainly not. Life is more than that. To adapt or to conform is still just simply taking whatever comes your way. Be confident. Know that Life has a deeper meaning.
It is my belief that nothing happens unless we Act. Unless we make it happen. As long as there is life, there’s hope. Unless we do something and take action, our dreams will remain just that…dreams. Nothing will come through.
So today if you are in a state of apathy, wake up. Do something. Even when you don’t feel like moving, push it. Go after your goals, dreams and aspirations. Who knows…when you move you might just get lucky and achieve great things. Just do it.
Need help? Let’s connect.