Read a lot. Write a lot.
And by the way, everything in life is writable about if you have the outgoing guts to do it, and the imagination to improvise. The worst enemy to creativity is self-doubt. ~Sylvia Plath
Tips gleaned from experienced authors to those interested in venturing out on their own writing journey.
- Write. Keep writing.
- Read a lot so you understand how others do what they do
- Learn the craft …that is part of writing
- Proofread. Rewrite so it makes sense
- Learn the craft. Books, classes, YouTube
- Be yourself. Tell the story
- Brainstorm writing ideas
- It takes a lot of sacrifice
- Find online sites that accept free submissions. Publish 800-1200 word articles on a subject that interests you. Write and submit articles to many sites. Once accepted try longer pieces
- Don’t let “no thanks” deter you.
- Read, read, master the language you want to write in. Read, read and read a bit more
- Start writing. Just keep writing. Stand at a bus stop, look at a fence and …write. Sit in a pub, get yourself a drink and write about the next person who walks through the door – not his descript but his life story, his family, his job. Just write
- Read the classics and discover why they are rated so highly
- If you don’t know what to write or have writers block, use writing prompts to get those creative juices flowing.
- Don’t shy away from criticism. Being critiqued doesn’t always feel amazing, but it always makes you a better writer. Every time someone tells you what they think of your manuscript, you get closer to an objective understand of your work, which is invaluable
- Don’t worry about perfection when you are writing your first draft. Good writing is re-writing
- Believe in yourself.
- Never give up.
Solid thoughts of inspiration for those new to the writing craft. Anything missing that you would like to add? Do share. We would love to hear!
The meaning of life is to find your purpose. The purpose of life is to give it away. ~Pablo Picasso
Jillee went through some stuff. It’s called life. Through her journey she developed a passion and a will to find her purpose–what she really wanted to do. She did. From her list, I share my top favorite ways how you too can find your purpose and passion in life.
- Find out what you hate doing
- Love everything you do
- Slow down
- Make a creativity Board
- Make a list of People you admire
- Examine the themes in your life
- Remember what you loved as a child
- Focus on the fun
- Try visualization
- Own your uniqueness
- Ask your friends for feedback on when they see you the happiest
- Cultivate Confidence
Great list right? Try one, two or a few and find your purpose and passion today. Personally I would also encourage you to look deep into your inner being–your spirituality. But that’s me. Already found yours? Do share, we would love to hear.
Being a leader is 24-7 job, and educational opportunities to improve yourself are everywhere. Learn from your friends and family and sometimes complete strangers, and you’ll find opportunities at every turn
– Byron Scott and Charles Norris
Where are you now and where do you want to be? In the book Slam Dunk Success, Magic Johnson articulated in the Forward that most people think you win then you become a leader. But it’s the other way around. You’re a leader first, then you win.
Leaders Are Everywhere
Leaders are everywhere and so are leadership opportunities. Punctured or not, Magic urged that you may be an entry-level employee or a middle manager, but not to worry. Every department is looking for a leader. To have the courage to stand up and take the lead, you will become successful.
Leadership is Innate
Leaders are constantly changing the world around them. They may be involved in business or in the community. Opportunities abound.
Leadership Is Foresight
Manage yourself. Think of where you are now and where you want to be. Then take the steps ….one at a time. Try. Learn. Fail. Get back up and do it again. You will succeed with hard work and persistence. As always, don’t give up.
Never tolerate a toxic person
Toxic people are everywhere. They cause stress, heartache, sadness and are simply intolerable. Life can be miserable whether you live with them or work around them. Here are 8 ways to identify them and some strategies to use to survive them.
Learn more in Success Strategies Book.
Goals:Be careful what you Wish for. You might get it.
JK Rowling wished to write a book that would be successful. She did. The Harry Potter series was amazing. Readers could hardly wait for each book to be published. But JK Rowling did not like the spotlight. She liked privacy. But that was not to be after writing her books.
That dream job you want. You go after it. You get it. Then it turns out to be your worst nightmare.
You pursue the man or woman of your dreams. Get Married. Then suddenly things change.
The point is when seeking your goals, make sure you think them through fully. Is what you are seeking what you want?
Food For Thought
Go after those Goals with fervor. But look before you leap.
Everything I know I learned from dogs. ~ Nora Roberts
Man’s best friend. In response to my article 9 Things to Do to Break the Monotony one writer suggested that I add “get a dog“. Hmmm… quite thought-provoking. From what others have said, a dog provides many benefits. Being the crazy researcher, I decided to dig deep to find out the benefits of having a dog (even though I grew up with dogs and my college student has a dog). So yes, they are a delight.
But why though? Here I share:
Benefits of Having A Dog
1.Dogs encourage physical wellbeing and healthy fitness routine
2. They reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease and protect children from allergies
3. Dogs help encourage social interactions
4. There’s never a dull moment (tell me about it-smile)
5. They may save your life
6. They reduce anxiety
7. Teach children responsibility
8. Helps build self-confidence in children
9. They are good listeners. Bear your soul without fear of it coming back to haunt you
There you have it. Great reasons to get a dog and there are tons more. Are there any that would like to add? Do share, we would love to hear. So go get your furry friend today.