Sometimes your thoughts are different and that’s the way it should be. As you make your plans for the coming week, month or year, IGNORE the naysayers, Crank it, step forward in faith and just do you. Follow your dreams. It will be worth it!
Be inspired by the story of Dr. Suess and how he overcame his challenges to achieve success.
People waste years trying not to waste hours. ~Michael Lewis.
Is that for real? Is being lazy a good thing? That’s what Michael Lewis said in this INC article why being lazy makes you successful. He argued that being lazy is the key to Success. But is it for real? Lewis achieved much in life so I’d hardly say he was lazy.
However, what I’d say is that he focused on things that were in fact important, and did not spend time being busy… for busy sake.
Deplete. Admit it…many of us are like that… especially the type A’s. If ever we find ourselves not doing anything we feel as guilty as ever. I have a colleague who broke her leg during a vacation trip and she found it like hell to be sitting in recovery…not being able to do the things she wanted to do.
So I encourage you the next time you find yourself being busy, look around you and ask the question, “is this adding value to my life…to my long term goals and dreams?”
If not, let it go. Refocus.
Need help? Let’s Connect.
No Experience is Wasted. Everything in life is happening to grow you up, to fill you up, to help you become more of who you were created to be. ~Oprah Winfrey
its all Froth to think that any experience is wasted. it never is. It would be wise for us to reflect and learn. That’s how we grow.
Need help? Let’s connect.
Sometimes you will have to do it Afraid
Excited, yet terrified! But does it stop us? No! The excitement! The Adrenalin Rush pushes us forward in spite of our fears.
I did a sky dive (tandem jump) which was maybe one of the most terrifying thing in my life. But though I was scared that certain death faced me 14,000 ft. below if anything went wrong, I did it anyway. I jumped and was able to share with my 2 girls (as worried as they were) that they can do anything they put their minds to.
Jump in-spite of your Fear
Sometimes we gotta just jump in-spite of our fears! Those difficult goals, those Luminescent entrepreneurial feat that tend to freeze us as we face life’s challenges! Our fears heighten because of what we foresee in the future if things go awry…. But, don’t let them retard your progress. Move forward and in faith do what you must. You may even surprise yourself in the relish of the amazing things you can accomplish once you step outside your comfort zone.
So go ahead, do it even when you’re afraid.
Need help? Lets connect.
All our Dreams Can Come Through if we have the Courage to Pursue them. ~Walt Disney
Bridget king, owner Captiva Design Interior Decorating & Home Staging, got a step in the direction of her dreams when she got the opportunity to stage a property on HGTV. She attended and supported our Goal-Setting Retreat last year and had this as a goal. Not only did she get a chance to make a step in the direction of her dream, she did it Big with Miami Heat’s King Dwayne Wade and his well-known wife – Actress, Gabriel Union! Congrats Bridget!
So to my readers, I dare you to continue to Dream Big! Let nothing Thwart you. Your Dreams will come through with the right steps and actions. Dream it! Work it! Achieve it!
Need help? Let’s connect!
What’s One Word That Comes To Your Mind When You Think About Success? Patience, Sacrifice, Happiness were some words shared. One person said failure. Causes you to think. If that person meant, failure in terms of resilience and not giving up, then that’s positive. But if we think negative when reflecting on Success, what good can come out of that?
To me Success is making a Difference in the lives of others. Here I share exerpts as entrepreneurs chimed in to Success Diaries Question, with even more than an Inchoate word.
- Financial freedom
- Move Forward
- Living Life with Friends
- Hard work
- Hard work and Dedication
- Self Study
Does any of the above resonate with you? What’s your word? Do share!
If you’re Going to Walk on Water, you have to get out of the Boat. So Don’t Be Afraid. Though it may be Frigid, take the Risk. Who knows you may Succeed. But if you never try, you won’t know.
Need help? Let’s connect
Follow Your Dreams, Believe in Yourself and Don’t Give Up
It is such a joy when dreams come through. I have written several books based on my research on Success Strategies and Motivation but this one titled “GreenLight: When God Says Go“, has been years in the making. It depicts the Smile, joy and feeling of accomplishment when hard work, prayer, and dedication to a project is realized.
As I bask in the completion of this project, I encourage you to go after your own goals, and never give up even when the going gets tough. Explore! Keep flying! The sky is the limit.
Need help? Let’s connect.
Try to be a rainbow in someone’s cloud. ~Maya Angelou
There is always someone in the background that hardly anyone else knows about. He/she is your source of inspiration. Your source of strength. Your source to hold on or run to when the going gets tough.
Who is that Radiant person who is always there for you? Why not connect with them today. Say Thanks.
Never tolerate a toxic person in your organization.~Peter Diamandis
Toxic is a strong word which means pertaining to, affected with, or caused by a toxin, or poison. That is the meaning attributed to the word. Sad when it is used to describe an individual’s behavior. But truth be told, there are many who act like Radiant toxins that poison our careers, dreams, goals, and aspirations. Year in year out, time and again they poison our ability to succeed. Yet why do so many choose to stick around such people? Toxic people are offensive, and people hate being around them.
So in order to succeed, we must get away from them. It is difficult when you work directly with such individuals, but when you choose them as your ‘Generous‘ friends, it’s a sure recipe for disaster.
Traits of Toxic People
Selected here are eight (8) of the characteristics described by Dr. Lillian Glass, Expert in Human Behavior. As alluded, if you see yourself in any of the traits, don’t Panic! Simply recognize the trait(s) and start the process to do something about it. But first, brace yourselves and let’s try to understand the various characteristics.
- The Cut-You-Downer is arrogant, mean, belittling, bitchy, hateful, self-righteous, condescending, threatened, superior, insecure, offensive, critical, sarcastic, disrespectful, underhanded, and fault-finding. They have little self-esteem and will find fault with you and with everyone else. They love to belittle, taunt, ridicule, others. They cut others down so they can build themselves up.
- The Self-Destroyer is victim-like, unrealistic, weak, unstable, sabotaging, rejecting, negative, threatened, selfish, lifeless, desperate, unappreciative, depressed, defiant, rebellious, and out of control. They hate themselves so much that they constantly tear themselves down and harp on what’s wrong with them, while berating themselves. They usually say things like “I’m so stupid”; “that was dumb of me”; or “I’m the worst.” In essence, self-destroyers try to cut themselves down before anyone else has a chance to do it. They hardly ever accept compliments and will negate any nice or kind words that come their way. They can be so full of self-loathing that they will become alcoholics, foodaholics, drug abusers, etc. Essentially self-destroyers don’t think they are worthy of good things or deserve anything positive in life.
- The Gossip is indiscreet, insecure, fault-finding, false, belittling, quick to place blame, brazen, hypocritical, competitive, hurtful, self-righteous, shallow, sharp-tongued, skeptical, sneaky, imposing, adversarial, conspiratorial, critical, disloyal, meddling, mean-spirited, offensive, and angry. The gossip loves to spread stories even embellish them, and may invent stories of his or her own. The gossip is usually a nosy person whose biggest pleasure is telling you about someone else’s misfortunes. He might find pleasure in telling stories about others. Gossips generally have very little going on in their own lives. So they want to be accepted and to feel important so they bring you the latest news (real or imagined).
- The Gloom and Doom Victim is masochistic, guilt-ridden, worrisome, sabotaging, resentful, rigid, selfish, rejecting, sad, negative, petty, fault-finding, paranoid, stubborn, whiny, weak, defeatist, unimaginative, self-destructive, fearful, solemn, cowardly, depressed, skeptical, unappreciative, suspicious, lifeless, lethargic, lackadaisical, defensive, and depressed. Gloom and Doom victims are depressing to be around. Their energy really zaps you as they tell you how horrible life is, has been, and will be for them. They aim to make you feel sorry for them, but they have no interest in any advice you offer. Their preference is to wallow in self-pity, certain that the world has done them in and everybody has done them wrong. Nothing ever goes right for them. Maybe it’s because their glass is always half empty rather than half full. They blame everyone but themselves when anything goes wrong in their lives.
- The opportunistic User is selfish, interfering, manipulative, back-stabbing, brown-nosing, secretive, indirect, disloyal, conspiratorial, dishonest, sneaky, unappreciative, underhanded, tenacious and seductive. Opportunistic users are out for themselves alone. They are fair weather friends who want you in their life only when it is convenient for them—when they can benefit. These people will do anything to get ahead. If they can benefit from someone or have benefited all they can, they discard the person like a used paper towel, without a second thought.
- The Me, Myself, and I Narcissist is selfish, egomaniacal, lacking in self-confidence, shallow, insecure, arrogant, boring, limited, socially inept, exhausting, obnoxious, flamboyant, self-centered, indiscreet, and a show-off. They have only one thing in mind—themselves. They are the most self-centered individuals anyone can encounter. They don’t want to talk about or do anything unless it pertains to them. They want to hear about your issues only if it affects them. Their vocabularies are filled with the words “me”, “myself”, and “I”. Trying to have a conversation with a narcissist can be the most frustrating experience you will ever have, because they speak a monologue instead of a give-and-take dialogue.
- The Competitor is provocative, fearless, fanatical, obnoxious, paranoid, offensive, pushy, aggressive, resentful, sabotaging, conniving, intense, intimated, defensive, confrontational, threatened, untrustworthy, negative, insecure, argumentative, and always looking for a fight. Competitors seek every opportunity to outwit or surpass others. Everything is a competition from getting a job to getting a boyfriend or girlfriend, husband or wife. Competitors tend to be show-offs and braggarts who gloat about their achievements—both past and present. They constantly try to impress you with how much better they are than you. In essence they have such low self-esteem that the only way they can relate to you is by turning everything into a contest.
- The Control Freak is invasive, sabotaging, rigid, manipulative, arrogant, aggressive, forceful, backstabbing, self-righteous, meddlesome, confrontational, inflexible, egotistical, obstinate, pushy, unreasonable, stubborn, selfish, unaware, threatened, disrespectful, uncommunicative, and stubborn. Control freaks can never let go. Like bullies, they are immobilized if not in control. However, unlike bullies, they don’t always use anger or meanness to get what they want. Control freaks often use sweet talk and manipulation. They are not team players and have difficulty delegating authority, as they try to do everything themselves. If things don’t go their way, they get angry or lose interest, for they feel they must always be in charge. Their lives are filled with frustration and disappointment and never go with the flow. Instead, they force things to happen and when things don’t go their rigid way they panic and become angry or more manipulative.
Did any of these traits remind you of someone you knew? If so what effect has it had on your success? Maybe it’s time for a change.
Need help? Lets connect.