What bad things are you grateful for in your life? This question was asked and I thought it was rather interesting. How many of us can express Gratitude for the bad things that has happened to us? Certainly not an easy feat.
Here I share my response.
I worked long and hard in my job. One day ‘back in the day’, I had a disagreement with my boss when I asked for a raise. At the time though I had several diplomas and certifications, he told me I needed a degree. I was from a family with little means, but I vowed that no one would ever use that as an excuse again.
Today I have a BSc. Management, Masters Health Administration, Masters Human Resource Management, and Doctorate in Organizational Leadership. #noexcuses.
So that’s me. How about you? What bad things are you grateful for in your life? Come on, encourage someone today. It can’t be that Ghoulish…do share.
Sometimes you have to step out to do the things you have always wanted to do.
I love watching HGTVs Fixer Upper! Oh the transformations! Now we are sad to hear that come next year this husband and wife team will no longer be on the series. They decided to move on to something new and exciting!
In the same way, artists in the entertainment industry have over time made the decision to step out. To forget the Fluff. To move on. Names such as Michael Jackson, Beyoncé and more, come to mind.
Making decisions to change, to do something new is always scary. But if we never step out into the unknown to do what we Prefer, we will never know the level of success we can attain. And oh…if we fail…at least we would have experienced something new, something different. Oh that we’ll be braver next time!
What are you afraid to do? Challenge yourself …even when you’re afraid.
The most beautiful things are not associated with money; they are memories and moments. If you don’t celebrate those, they can pass you by. – Alek Wek
I love challenges. I set goals, and do everything to accomplish them. Then when I do, I move on to the next goal. As the head of Head of Human Resources for many years, I relentlessly celebrated the achievement of others on the job, but I never stopped to celebrate my own personal achievements. In recent years I came to value the importance of celebrating life’s triumphs. I guess it comes with maturity. There is something gratifying to it. Besides, it leaves a lasting legacy on those close to me.
Oh how to celebrate? The question was asked and many Bravely Expressed and jumped in. But I found Sarah Starrs list of ways to celebrate insightful. Here I share my top favs!
13 Ideas To Celebrate Achievements:
- Make a booking at a restaurant you’ve always wanted to eat at.
- Invite all of your friends over for a pot luck and before you sit down to eat, go around and ask everyone to brag about something (big or small) that they’ve achieved recently.
- Spend an entire day doing whatever you find most relaxing.
- Dance! Honouring our emotions through movement is powerful.
- Write a list of everything you learned from this experience.
- Start success journal.
- Spread the love: offer to help someone who is chasing a similar dream.
- Write a blog post outlining how you achieved your goal.
- Take a selfie to memorialize the big moment. Share on Instagram
- Get dressed up… just because.
- Have a staycation and spend some time exploring and enjoying all that your city has to offer.
- Write a letter of gratitude to someone who helped you get there.
- Take a few long, deep breaths and ask yourself: what does celebrating look and feel like to you?
Need help setting Goals? A mentor or coach can help. You’d be wise to get started and not forget to celebrate small and big wins.
Steve Jobs, Richard Branson, Dave Thomas, Rachael Ray. What do these personalities have in common? Besides being entrepreneurs, they all have/had no formal degree, yet became successful. But does that mean that the rest of us should too? And if we do, will we have the same luck to make millions and become rich and famous? Rather Risky.
Just Get A Job!
There are many arguments for individuals to forget about going to college because it’s too expensive. Parents now ponder whether the investment involved in sending their high school graduate to college is worth the cost. “Just teach yourself”, is the common saying. There are many YouTube videos, podcasts that can be listened to, social media, and other networking groups, which people claim can be used to learn while eliminating the expense of going to college. Those who argue against obtaining a college education claim that students graduate High School and ‘Just Get a Job’. But the question many ponder—is college education worth the cost?
Sure it is! Here are a few thoughts to on how to manage the tight rope of college expenses and student loans.
- I encourage students enrolling in college to do what they are passionate about. For example, Steve Jobs when he dropped out of college, he then decided to sit in the classes that he was passionate about. Who said that he could not have done that before?
- Borrow only what you need. Often students borrow more than the amount needed, then waste the excess funds on things that do not contribute to education, or on things that they can do without.
- Search for scholarships and apply for financial aid. These require some work but are resources that do not need to be repaid. It is often over-looked or individuals do not bother to apply, or write the needed essays to qualify.
- Use time wisely to avoid repeat. Failing courses comes at additional costs to do the same course a second time.
- Once your course of study is done, search for jobs in the same or related field to get the maximum return on the dollar invested in the education you attained. This is where it is often alluded to that a lot of persons work in jobs where they are under-employed. This happens for example in a case where a Journalism graduate work in sales in a retail store that pays salaries less than they are qualified to receive.
So yes, college is worth it! There is a benefit to both individuals and society overall. Besides enhancing your decision-making and critical thinking skills, individuals with college degrees earn more than those without. So be Loyal, stick with it.
Having doubts about your ability? A coach or mentor, can help. Let’s connect.
There’s little Success where there is little Laughter. – Andrew Carnegie
Success Brings Laughter and Cheer! Can’t Deny it.
CNN headline news reported that a Mom left her Kids Alone at Home for a trip to Europe! Witty? Unbelievable? Hilarious? Crazy? Call it what you wish. But in this age of focus on self, it’s not uncommon to see people taking things a little too far (well…very far as in the case of Europe…no pun intended). Let’s make sure that we are not doing things for ourselves to the detriment of our own lives, and those of our loved ones. Now that mom will be jailed as a result of her time away. Read story here
It’s important that we take time out. Whether it’s as a parent, entrepreneur, career professional, writer, or other. Taking a retreat will help you to refocus. This may be to attend a conference, group getaway, or self-retreat. That’s why we have planned a small group 2018 Goal-Setting Retreat at the beautiful Sanibel Beach Resort on Captiva Island in South Florida. Book your space now and put your goals into gear for next year.
This Question was posed and received over 4K visceral responses. Some synchronized, while others…
This Question was posed by Think & Grow Prosper. It sparked my interest so I decided to read a synopsis of the over 4K Visceral responses. Some Synchronized, some humorous, while others left readers in deep thought. Here I share:
- No Apologies
- I don’t know
- God’s Journey
- Nope,Wrong Book
- Fate of Tragedies
- Where’s the Donut?
- Burnt Desires with regrets
- Journey of Mistakes
- The Chronicles of Surviving in Today’s Society
- The Endless Possibilities of a Life Lovingly Lived
- Why me?
- Wasted Years
- Don’t Have your Children 16 Years Apart and Here’s Why
- Never Ending Circle of Struggle
- And the Caterpillar Became a Butterfly
- The Great Forever
- No Limits
- From Concrete to a White Picket Fence
- Life Happens
- Hot Mess Empress
- The Conqueror of Fears
- Just Go With the Flow
- This Thang Called Life
- Still searching
- Rising from the Ashes
- This Girl Just Want to Have Fun
- My Journey to…
- Trust Me it’s Real
- Over sleeping. Over Eating. Over Thinking
- When God Has a Grip on You
- Life is a Mystery
- Peaks and Valleys
Again rather interesting question. Now it’s your turn. If your life was a book, what would your title be?