It’s Definitely a Tough Blow to be Fired
A colleague received a call that her mom had to undergo emergency surgery due to an injury. By the time she got to the hospital, the leg had to be removed. Naturally, this was a Shock as her life was immediately turned upside down. She had no choice but to voluntarily resign from her position to be by her mom’s side. She had to be there to assist in any way she could. That was her voluntary decision.
You may not have had the choice. Things happen. You lose your job because of restructuring, organization change, personal issues, and more. All involuntarily. You’re sad. Filled with remorse, and totally depressed.
Don’t get stuck. Take hold of your situation and learn the strategies to:
- Rebuild your Public Profile (Resume, LinkedIn, etc)
- Develop a Success Mindset
- Match The Right Job for you
- Learn Search Strategies
When life throws you lemons, make lemonade. That’s the saying, and its true. When things stand still…move. Do what you can to get back on your feet. It’s called life…things happen. Don’t let it get you down. Get the courage, the strength. Force yourself to stand up and do something about it.
Need help? Let’s Connect!
Hello 2018! It’s Time to Kick that Fear and get that Picture Perfect Growth…
If you want to cultivate a habit, do it without any Reservation, till it is firmly established. Until it is so confirmed, until it becomes a part of your character, let there be no exception, no relaxation of effort. -Mahavira
Hello 2018! It’s Time to Kick that Fear make it a Treat and get that Picture Perfect Growth! This year I’ll delve deeper into convo’s on:
- Getting out of your Comfort Zone to do what you’ve always wanted to do
- Goal Management
- How to climb the Success Ladder for those new Grads
- Managing People for those new to Management or Supervision
- How to Transition from Employee to Entrepreneur
- Personal Growth Strategies
- Self-Care Strategies
So follow my blog and stay tuned as we Bust the Fear in 2018!
Life is not easy. Everything can be taken from a man but one thing – to choose one’s attitude in any given set of circumstances …
Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It is the Courage to Continue that Counts – Winston Churchill
Why do so many go to the grave with their dreams? They ponder, wish, pine-away, and never get started. Some who do start, often pause, and come to an abrupt stop when the hardships come their way.
It’s not easy. So here I share some public responses to Brian Tracey ‘s question “If you could achieve any goal you’ve been working towards, what would it be?”
- Becoming the second Turkish doctor with a Nobel Prize
- Close soon on our farm acquisition
- Develop my website
- Become a well-known author
- Be an investor
- Start launching online courses on selling and strategies for customer attraction, retention, and growth
- To be on the same stage with… (Brian Tracey)
- General Manager of the best chain hotel in the world
- Financial freedom. Working for myself
- Painting on children’s murals around the world
- Having a greater mind
- Dream home
- Being single
- Become rich
- The freedom to not worry about anything. No financial anxiety, no loneliness, no one who tells me what to do
- Finishing my Masters
- Becoming a Billionaire
- Professional + Passion is my goal
- A better paying job
- Improve others lives and making a living from doing so
- Famous singer/musician
- Complete what I started
Viktor Frankl in his book “Man’s Search for Meaning” shared his Theory of success, which states that everything can be taken from a man but one thing – to choose one’s attitude in any given set of circumstances – to choose one’s own way. Life is not easy. Achieving our dreams prove difficult and often brings defeat, sadness, aches, and pain. But if you fail, be encouraged…it’s not the end of the world. Pick yourself up, and go try again.
For those reluctant to even start. Ask yourself this simple question…What would you do if you knew you would not fail? Think about it. Now go do it.
Need help? Sign up for New Year, New You online workshop.
You can do and be anything you want to be
I Looked around and saw the need in society to encourage youths and ethnic minorities to go after and seek to do what they wanted to do. This quest took me on a journey… through a process of highs, and lows. Highlights include:
1. Giving up my well-paying job/career to accomplish my dream. Sometimes you have to give up the good to achieve the great.
2. Embarking on a Journey that dug deep into Leaders and how they achieved Success
3. Publishing my research in a book on Success Strategies and leadership
4. Publishing Workbook on Success and how you too can do it
5. Publishing a book with Motivational Quotes To Help you stick to your dream.
6. Publishing a documentary video to share with others
It’s humbling to see the impact this sacrifice has made in the lives of others. So as we approach the start of a New Year, if you find yourself wondering about your purpose; wondering about your future; wondering about how to get where you want to go, then do what I did…Just start. Find a mentor or coach, or speak with a trusted family member or friend.
So today, take the step to do what you want to do. Otherwise you’ll find yourself at the end of another year being stuck and never accomplishing anything.
Come on, just do it! Age is not an issue. If you need help, contact me now. Let’s get started on your own journey to success.
What bad things are you grateful for in your life? This question was asked and I thought it was rather interesting. How many of us can express Gratitude for the bad things that has happened to us? Certainly not an easy feat.
Here I share my response.
I worked long and hard in my job. One day ‘back in the day’, I had a disagreement with my boss when I asked for a raise. At the time though I had several diplomas and certifications, he told me I needed a degree. I was from a family with little means, but I vowed that no one would ever use that as an excuse again.
Today I have a BSc. Management, Masters Health Administration, Masters Human Resource Management, and Doctorate in Organizational Leadership. #noexcuses.
So that’s me. How about you? What bad things are you grateful for in your life? Come on, encourage someone today. It can’t be that Ghoulish…do share.
Sometimes you have to step out to do the things you have always wanted to do.
I love watching HGTVs Fixer Upper! Oh the transformations! Now we are sad to hear that come next year this husband and wife team will no longer be on the series. They decided to move on to something new and exciting!
In the same way, artists in the entertainment industry have over time made the decision to step out. To forget the Fluff. To move on. Names such as Michael Jackson, Beyoncé and more, come to mind.
Making decisions to change, to do something new is always scary. But if we never step out into the unknown to do what we Prefer, we will never know the level of success we can attain. And oh…if we fail…at least we would have experienced something new, something different. Oh that we’ll be braver next time!
What are you afraid to do? Challenge yourself …even when you’re afraid.
The most beautiful things are not associated with money; they are memories and moments. If you don’t celebrate those, they can pass you by. – Alek Wek
I love challenges. I set goals, and do everything to accomplish them. Then when I do, I move on to the next goal. As the head of Head of Human Resources for many years, I relentlessly celebrated the achievement of others on the job, but I never stopped to celebrate my own personal achievements. In recent years I came to value the importance of celebrating life’s triumphs. I guess it comes with maturity. There is something gratifying to it. Besides, it leaves a lasting legacy on those close to me.
Oh how to celebrate? The question was asked and many Bravely Expressed and jumped in. But I found Sarah Starrs list of ways to celebrate insightful. Here I share my top favs!
13 Ideas To Celebrate Achievements:
- Make a booking at a restaurant you’ve always wanted to eat at.
- Invite all of your friends over for a pot luck and before you sit down to eat, go around and ask everyone to brag about something (big or small) that they’ve achieved recently.
- Spend an entire day doing whatever you find most relaxing.
- Dance! Honouring our emotions through movement is powerful.
- Write a list of everything you learned from this experience.
- Start success journal.
- Spread the love: offer to help someone who is chasing a similar dream.
- Write a blog post outlining how you achieved your goal.
- Take a selfie to memorialize the big moment. Share on Instagram
- Get dressed up… just because.
- Have a staycation and spend some time exploring and enjoying all that your city has to offer.
- Write a letter of gratitude to someone who helped you get there.
- Take a few long, deep breaths and ask yourself: what does celebrating look and feel like to you?
Need help setting Goals? A mentor or coach can help. You’d be wise to get started and not forget to celebrate small and big wins.
Steve Jobs, Richard Branson, Dave Thomas, Rachael Ray. What do these personalities have in common? Besides being entrepreneurs, they all have/had no formal Degree, yet became successful. But does that mean that the rest of us should too? And if we do, will we have the same luck to make millions and become rich and famous? Rather Risky.
Just Get A Job!
There are many arguments for individuals to forget about going to college because it’s too expensive. Parents now ponder whether the investment involved in sending their high school graduate to college is worth the cost. “Just teach yourself”, is the common saying. There are many YouTube videos, podcasts that can be listened to, social media, and other networking groups, which people claim can be used to learn while eliminating the expense of going to college. Those who argue against obtaining a college education claim that students graduate High School and ‘Just Get a Job’. But the question many ponder—is college education worth the cost?
Sure it is! Here are a few thoughts to on how to manage the tight rope of college expenses and student loans.
- I encourage students enrolling in college to do what they are passionate about. For example, Steve Jobs when he dropped out of college, he then decided to sit in the classes that he was passionate about. Who said that he could not have done that before?
- Borrow only what you need. Often students borrow more than the amount needed, then waste the excess funds on things that do not contribute to education, or on things that they can do without.
- Search for scholarships and apply for financial aid. These require some work but are resources that do not need to be repaid. It is often over-looked or individuals do not bother to apply, or write the needed essays to qualify.
- Use time wisely to avoid repeat. Failing courses comes at additional costs to do the same course a second time.
- Once your course of study is done, search for jobs in the same or related field to get the maximum return on the dollar invested in the education you attained. This is where it is often alluded to that a lot of persons work in jobs where they are under-employed. This happens for example in a case where a Journalism graduate work in sales in a retail store that pays salaries less than they are qualified to receive.
So yes, college is worth it! There is a benefit to both individuals and society overall. Besides enhancing your decision-making and critical thinking skills, individuals with college degrees earn more than those without. So be Loyal, stick with it.
Having doubts about your ability? A coach or mentor, can help. Let’s connect.
There’s little Success where there is little Laughter. – Andrew Carnegie
Success Brings Laughter and Cheer! Can’t Deny it.
CNN headline news reported that a Mom left her Kids Alone at Home for a trip to Europe! Witty? Unbelievable? Hilarious? Crazy? Call it what you wish. But in this age of focus on self, it’s not uncommon to see people taking things a little too far (well…very far as in the case of Europe…no pun intended). Let’s make sure that we are not doing things for ourselves to the detriment of our own lives, and those of our loved ones. Now that mom will be jailed as a result of her time away. Read story here
It’s important that we take time out. Whether it’s as a parent, entrepreneur, career professional, writer, or other. Taking a retreat will help you to refocus. This may be to attend a conference, group getaway, or self-retreat. That’s why we have planned a small group 2018 Goal-Setting Retreat at the beautiful Sanibel Beach Resort on Captiva Island in South Florida. Book your space now and put your goals into gear for next year.