Never hesitate to go far away, beyond all seas, all frontiers, all countries, all beliefs.Amin Maalouf
With just a carry-on, I felt led to travel solo to a faraway land. Was it nerve racking? Kinda. I travelled without fear, more intrigued by curiosity while discovering the unknown. Most of all my learnings forced me into a new realm bursting forth with a new sense of unhurried flair.
Here I share a few of learnings:
- Learned self-confidence. To be confident in who I am and who I want to be.
- I learned to accept differences in cultures
- I learned to accept the uniqueness of different lifestyles
- I learned to say YES to myself, to what I want and to say No to the desires that others want for me.
- I learned to hold firmly to my belief to never give up.
- I learned to grow up and out to spread my wings.
- I learned to try things that force me out of my comfort zone.
- I learned to take rests.
- I learned to take risks and not be afraid or most importantly, to take the risk even when I am afraid, despite my fear
- I learned that education is critical to success but also to have a life.
- I learned to be me.
- I learned to not be of afraid to be me – to speak the way I want to speak.
- I learned to write to help others through coaching.
- I learned to express myself in writing to help others develop and maximize their potential.
- I learned to laugh.
- I learned to accept life’s simple things.
- I learned to love dogs and animals.
- I learned to accept help from others despite my independence.
- I learned to accept love from others
- I learned to accept what success means to me and not what others expectations are for me.
- I learned to challenge myself to step out into the unknown.
I am still learning, but I am okay.