Hawaii, Paris, Caribbean, Central America, Vegas, or a Simple Staycation. It’s amazing what a little break can do to our mental capacity. From the planning, organizing and more, all exude times of exhilaration, relaxation and joy!
Yet…The Society of Human Resources Associates (SHRM) shared that over 35 percent of Americans don’t plan on taking all their vacation days this year. A potential year of the Cranks in the making? Here are the reasons cited:
- 43% Saving time for something later
- 21% Too much work
- 15% Don’t have enough money
- 9% Feel guilty
- 9% Other reasons
- 3% Discouraged by their boss
In light of the more transient workforce, employers are trying various options to attract quality applicants. Such measures include a combined databank of employee time off which includes up to 4 weeks off on date of hire. Naturally, employees are ecstatic of this change and proves it’s a great methodology for recruitment. However, this databank represents a combination of paid time off including sick and vacation.
Paid Time Off
Do you plan on taking your vacation this year? If so, great! If not, why not? Does your reason fall into any of the above? Something to think about.
Need help with your workforce plans? Lets connect!
People waste years trying not to waste hours. ~Michael Lewis.
Is that for real? Is being lazy a good thing? That’s what Michael Lewis said in this INC article why being lazy makes you successful. He argued that being lazy is the key to Success. But is it for real? Lewis achieved much in life so I’d hardly say he was lazy.
However, what I’d say is that he focused on things that were in fact important, and did not spend time being busy… for busy sake.
Deplete. Admit it…many of us are like that… especially the type A’s. If ever we find ourselves not doing anything we feel as guilty as ever. I have a colleague who broke her leg during a vacation trip and she found it like hell to be sitting in recovery…not being able to do the things she wanted to do.
So I encourage you the next time you find yourself being busy, look around you and ask the question, “is this adding value to my life…to my long term goals and dreams?”
If not, let it go. Refocus.
Need help? Let’s Connect.
No Experience is Wasted. Everything in life is happening to grow you up, to fill you up, to help you become more of who you were created to be. ~Oprah Winfrey
its all Froth to think that any experience is wasted. it never is. It would be wise for us to reflect and learn. That’s how we grow.
Need help? Let’s connect.
All our Dreams Can Come Through if we have the Courage to Pursue them. ~Walt Disney
Bridget king, owner Captiva Design Interior Decorating & Home Staging, got a step in the direction of her dreams when she got the opportunity to stage a property on HGTV. She attended and supported our Goal-Setting Retreat last year and had this as a goal. Not only did she get a chance to make a step in the direction of her dream, she did it Big with Miami Heat’s King Dwayne Wade and his well-known wife – Actress, Gabriel Union! Congrats Bridget!
So to my readers, I dare you to continue to Dream Big! Let nothing Thwart you. Your Dreams will come through with the right steps and actions. Dream it! Work it! Achieve it!
Need help? Let’s connect!
What’s One Word That Comes To Your Mind When You Think About Success? Patience, Sacrifice, Happiness were some words shared. One person said failure. Causes you to think. If that person meant, failure in terms of resilience and not giving up, then that’s positive. But if we think negative when reflecting on Success, what good can come out of that?
To me Success is making a Difference in the lives of others. Here I share exerpts as entrepreneurs chimed in to Success Diaries Question, with even more than an Inchoate word.
- Financial freedom
- Move Forward
- Living Life with Friends
- Hard work
- Hard work and Dedication
- Self Study
Does any of the above resonate with you? What’s your word? Do share!
If you’re Going to Walk on Water, you have to get out of the Boat. So Don’t Be Afraid. Though it may be Frigid, take the Risk. Who knows you may Succeed. But if you never try, you won’t know.
Need help? Let’s connect
Follow Your Dreams, Believe in Yourself and Don’t Give Up
It is such a joy when dreams come through. I have written several books based on my research on Success Strategies and Motivation but this one titled “GreenLight: When God Says Go“, has been years in the making. It depicts the Smile, joy and feeling of accomplishment when hard work, prayer, and dedication to a project is realized.
As I bask in the completion of this project, I encourage you to go after your own goals, and never give up even when the going gets tough. Explore! Keep flying! The sky is the limit.
Need help? Let’s connect.
Try to be a rainbow in someone’s cloud. ~Maya Angelou
There is always someone in the background that hardly anyone else knows about. He/she is your source of inspiration. Your source of strength. Your source to hold on or run to when the going gets tough.
Who is that Radiant person who is always there for you? Why not connect with them today. Say Thanks.
Writing is its own reward. – Henry Miller
Ever thought of writing your own story? Publishing your own book? Consider the 9 Steps to Writing Your First Book. A new author asked the question ….”I am having my first book signing, what should I do? Are there any tips or suggestions?” Experienced authors chimed in with several pointers that vociferously Churn. Here are excerpts:
Book Signing Tips
- Have fun
- Host it at a Bookstores or Restaurant
- Do a drawing for a special prize
- Promote on social media
- Text friends
- Decide on a default wording to sign books
- Show your enthusiasm to your guests
- Bring extra books and pens
- Don’t expect to sell a lot of books and you won’t be disappointed. It’s all about networking
- Bring a snack for yourself if you are not providing refreshments
- Bring candy/chocolates for attendees
- Have swag (bookmarks etc)
- Have Business cards with your amazon author page printed on it
- On the back of business cards say something like “book reviews are appreciated”
- Communicate with local TV & Radio stations via their FB page
- Be ready to answer questions about your book or any future books you’re creating
- Advertise in the community and give a discount during book signing
- talk with attendees and share your manuscript journey
- Get a friend to help with financial transaction
- Have a Tablecloth
- Ask people to send a FB Friend request which grows your followers
- Practice how you will sign the books
- Give a bookmark/ postcards with amazon book location for future purchases
- Take index cards and ask them to write their names on it. Avoids spelling errors in name endorsements
- Prepare what to Read for Reading Presentation
- Bring chip for Payment
- Have a large picture of the book cover and you on the table
- Include Book stands and racks for easy display and reading
- Invite a lot of people, don’t let them feel Betrayed
- Craft a signature for signing your books. Separate from your regular check signing signature
- Sign on the title page
- Take pictures with admirers
- Bring Cash to make change
- Don’t forget to get emails to build your list
- Arrive early for set up
- Relax and have fun!
Hope this helps.