Sometimes you will just have to show up without an invitation where doors were never opened for you. Just Go. Don’t let anyone deny you the Opportunity. ~Henry Fernandez
Encouraged by this. Hope you are too.
As the sun rises daily without an invitation, we should rise in pursuit of our Goals. Let no one stop you. Go. Reach for the opportunity and if it doesn’t exist, create one. For only you can accomplish what you will.
Keep going. The Night will pass. Joy comes in the morning.
Steve Harvey was teaching his little grandson to ride a bike for the first time. He kept repeating the words “keep pushing“. As I watched the short clip that his wife Marjorie posted, I reflected on the lesson in that clip.
Life’s Challenging Quests
In life we need to keep pushing. Sometimes we don’t push hard enough and want to give up when the going gets tough or rough (whatever word you want to add to those grueling times). But then it’s at those very times that we need to keep pushing.
We achieve success one push at a time.
If I had planned my life, it never would have ended up like this. So maybe it’s kind of fun not to plan. Maybe it’s more fun just to see where life takes you. ~Joanna Gaines
In a relationship, dreams may differ. In a striving organization, dreams may differ. On a professional team, siblings growing up together…in all these scenarios, dreams may differ. Each person has his/her own goals and objectives which contributes positively to the end result. Negatively? Not so.
Let’s consider Marie and Alex, both managers who are working on a marketing project to achieve their department’s goal. Marie wants the project to succeed because she has her eyes on that coveted promotion. Alex wants to succeed because his family is growing and he’s hoping to get that mega increase to move into a bigger space to suit his family’s needs.
Goals Should Align
Goals should align though. How we get there may differ but they should align.
But as Joanna said … be open. Plan it but let it flow in whichever direction it chooses. You’ll get there if you don’t give up
Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards.”
A sprint. A jog. A run. A walk. I sat on a bench in the park stretching. I watched health and fitness enthusiasts do what they love. I stretched more, then reflected on life. Where are we now? The tethered years fly by …up close slowly; looking back, it’s a flash. I then began scrolling, and there popped the question from a social media forum:
Describe Your Life in ONE Word
Curious, I scrolled through the list of responses. Some were positive, some nonchalant, while others were filled with a bask of the negatives. Here I share a few of the comments:
- Open Book
Does any of the above responses resonate with your life right now? Can you add any that’s missing? Do share. We would love to hear!
I. Love. The Holidays.
The hustle and bustle of the season. Families come together. The air is different. Nature speaks. Music and lights sounds in sweet accord. Travel soars. Food Galore. Delightful Gifts drolls stress for those in retail yet brings smiles as currencies are exchanged for sales. The beauty of the season can be seen through eyes of purpose.
Yep. It’s ￼Christmas and I. Love. The Holidays!
The Only Limit To Our Realization Of Tomorrow Will Be Our Doubts Of Today. ~Franklin D. Roosevelt
Music, passion, travel, the rain some shared. Once a staff member fell seriously ill. Apparently she hid it from most but as it progressed, it became more evident. Word finally reached me in my role as HR. That was when I called to tell her of the concerns raised by her co-workers. It was then that she shared her situation. It was grave… with a crescendo of physical issues, she wouldn’t survive. I immediately jumped into action-mode to assist in the best way that I could.
In reflecting on the question “What Inspires you?” I realized that what inspires me is the ability to make a difference in the lives of others. Helping others inspires gratification. Here I share a brief synopsis from the perspective response of what inspires others.
- The random people I meet and the random conversations that take place. It’s incredible what inspiration you can find from genuinely listening to people’s stories.
- Lemon drops or just candy in general. Also pieces of jewelry but mostly necklaces. I have this sea glass necklace that’s inspired 2 stories already. If anyone needs inspiration I would suggest going downtown and just walk around and look at stuff.
- Music lyrics inspire me. Sometimes a certain sentence just sticks. Travel and nature and of course experiences .
- Daily things around me.
- Mythical creatures, music, horror stories/movies, different people I meet and talk with.
- Sparking a love of reading in kids and young adults.
- Lines of Shakespeare and Emerson. Walking in nature. Autumn and Winter inspire with the scenery and feelings they give me…old things, antique shops, bookstores, leather-bound journals, maps, Fall evenings.
- My friends, music, books, scented candles, and history
- The inner and outer universe.
- I find what if questions to be really useful.
- Love and how it compels people like Rose looking for Jack at the bottom of the ship while its sinking. That’s love.
- My weird perceptions of human nature and civilization
- Pictures, people, and most of all moments in time.
- Rain, grey skies, other art and gardens. Sometimes cats, animations or music
- Everything. There is beauty and inspiration in all different things in life
- Sound. the way you pour water into a glass, sons, the sound of the wind, the rain
- Music, love, sadness
- Struggle. Finding light in darkness
- Stephen King
- Current events
- Humans and their flaws
- Reading. Going to the bookstore.
- Button poetry
- Sweet misery
- Ice cream and rainy days
- I think nature. Happiness inspire me and says do something different for others.
- Philosophy and knowledge
- Fear of failure
- Anything creative
- Strange occurrences
What about you? What inspires you? Do share…we would love to hear!