A book is a gift you can open again and again. ~Garrison Keillor
Barnes and Noble asked Readers to identify who their favorite Author was and the reason. Here I share excerpts as Readers chimed in telling all.
- Sarah J. Maas because characters are one of the most real and complex characters of all time because
- Sarah J Maas, because she tells stories of strength, epically and fantastically, and the writing is like music; just as amazing as any symphony.
- Cassandra Clare. Her books inspired me to write more stories, and not stop loving books
- My favourite write is Paul Coelhobecause he impresses me with each sentence and teaches me a lot, both about life and writing
- J.K. Rowling, because she wrote Harry Potter
- Megan Whalen Turner because I love her characters.
- Arnold G. Fruchtenbaum, his books changed and inspired so much my life that I decided to translate them in Italian! Such a blessed decision
- J.K Rowling because she gave us the greatest Wizarding World
- Stephen King because his talent is bottomless – as is my fascination with everything he writes
- Agatha Christie because she gave me Hercule Poirot, the greatest detective in the world
- Danielle Steel because she’s a master of romance
- My favourite author is Andrzej Sapkowski because he got me thinking outside the box.
- Danielle Steele because she keeps me entertained the whole book through.
- My favorite author is John Green because his books are filled with mysteries and I love his way of writing.
- Shakespeare because he is just timeless. Jane Austen and Charlotte Bronte because when I read their books they take me to another world and the women in their stories are strong and what ever they dream of doing they do and that inspires me to be and do what I want to do.
- Elizabeth Gilbert, because she wrote one of the most inspiring and life-changing books I’ve ever read.
- Jane Austen, because her books are an insight into characters who we can relate to from a time when people and places were different.
- Madeleine L’Engle is my favorite because she was able to write for a range of readers. She wrote children’s books, YA, adult, fiction, nonfiction, and poetry. My second favorite is Jane Austen. Her works transport me to the nineteenth century in England, which is my favorite setting to read about.
- John Hopkins because Lost Cactus is awesome!
- James Patterson. He thought what life is about… I lived through his stories.
- Truman Capote because he somehow makes beautiful stories from such simple words.
So who is your favorite author and why? Do share. We would love to hear.
I want to write away. Basically get away somewhere by the beach or surrounded by nature, water flowing, birds singing, peace, quiet and natural stones. Without a Cur, I’d just write and write.
Slow pace. No rush. Quiet clear thoughts. Write away to help others. Oh for the time to write…just write.
Ship’s captain steers tourist-filled-boats pass beautiful houses planted on the sea’s edge. Just imagine the visitor’s delight to rent for a few. Pretty penny but so worth it. Lovers steal selfies, kisses…
Waves splash in seemless style. Scattered folks chat gleefully in the distance. The boat’s engine beckons its revolving sound. The weekend rides on with high traffic of boats afloat on the water. Totally relaxed. The sun steams above. People clothed in hats, T’s, shorts, and more, welcoming the light breeze. Sounds get louder…yet not disturbing.
Fish, seawater creatures missing…nowhere in sight. Mountainous hills of water sprout like surfers beneath waves. Ship’s captain steers tourist-filled-boats pass beautiful houses planted on the sea’s edge. Just imagine the visitor’s delight to rent for a few. Pretty penny, but so worth it. Lovers steal selfies, kisses, and quiet love.
I quietly doze off. Calm, cool, relaxed. Imaginary.
Nice way to spend a quick getaway doing something different…fishing.
Edgewater, Water Taxi, Sovereign, Imagine, Gallant Lady, Waku, Days-Like-This…all boat names… but couldn’t agree more.
Time to chill.
writers inspired through Book Reading, Poetry, stories, the arts
A Gathering and Celebration of South Florida’s Writers of Color. An Invitation to an occasion of grandeur where Success Strategies and other writers inspired through Book Reading, Poetry, stories, the arts, and more. A writer’s pleasurable delight and certainly for Success Strategies.
Delightful collection of excerpts of 2016 Success writings in Found Poetic form
Delightful collection of excerpts of 2016 Success writings in Found Poetic form. This dissipates a Renewal of the writings on Success Strategies blog pulled from you my readers… and my top favs. Your thoughts welcomed amdist.. Cheers!
The Road to Success
It Starts with a Dream
Coach me! Top Questions Asked
To Wither. To Flourish. Your Choice
Confusion is nothing new
To Reach Goal, Rid But
I write Because
I hope you Dance
-Dr. Shelly Cameron
Waiting for the Write moment seldom happens. It retards my goal.
So just write I say!
I start… then slowly the Write moment rears its beautiful head.
My journey has begun.
And I smile ….
Nightmares of the past creep into the face of the future. Stares so deep triggers haunting thoughts of shame, disgust, turmoil, and fear.
Tis only with strength that the force awakens the face from sleep. A sleep that sparkles promises of a future composed of beauty’s quiescence. A face filled with smiles, calm, and joy. A face of Peace.
Smile my face smile. Nightmare’s gone. Softly and tenderly the future calls.
A quiet room, an empty page
Then suddenly a storm. Nature bursts forth it’s mighty power!
Yet still I write
What’s deep inside beckons to come forth softly, quietly with a shout!
Raindrops. Soft, quiet, serene
Unlike the noises of thunderous terrains
Raindrops breathe life, love, play; in a stillness that comforts
All wrapped in covers so deep.
Waters pour; let it rain.
It’s been awhile since I’ve seen you. I miss your touch. I miss your love. I miss you. I long for the way you look at me, with longing of love so sweet. I miss our talks. Our walks. Your stares. Your smile. Oh how I miss you.
And though you’re far away in that unknown land that I’ve never been, I want you to know that my love for you remains strong with the warmth of Expectation that one day soon we’ll be together again.