A book is a gift you can open again and again. ~Garrison Keillor
Barnes and Noble asked Readers to identify who their favorite Author was and the reason. Here I share excerpts as Readers chimed in telling all.
- Sarah J. Maas because characters are one of the most real and complex characters of all time because
- Sarah J Maas, because she tells stories of strength, epically and fantastically, and the writing is like music; just as amazing as any symphony.
- Cassandra Clare. Her books inspired me to write more stories, and not stop loving books
- My favourite write is Paul Coelhobecause he impresses me with each sentence and teaches me a lot, both about life and writing
- J.K. Rowling, because she wrote Harry Potter
- Megan Whalen Turner because I love her characters.
- Arnold G. Fruchtenbaum, his books changed and inspired so much my life that I decided to translate them in Italian! Such a blessed decision
- J.K Rowling because she gave us the greatest Wizarding World
- Stephen King because his talent is bottomless – as is my fascination with everything he writes
- Agatha Christie because she gave me Hercule Poirot, the greatest detective in the world
- Danielle Steel because she’s a master of romance
- My favourite author is Andrzej Sapkowski because he got me thinking outside the box.
- Danielle Steele because she keeps me entertained the whole book through.
- My favorite author is John Green because his books are filled with mysteries and I love his way of writing.
- Shakespeare because he is just timeless. Jane Austen and Charlotte Bronte because when I read their books they take me to another world and the women in their stories are strong and what ever they dream of doing they do and that inspires me to be and do what I want to do.
- Elizabeth Gilbert, because she wrote one of the most inspiring and life-changing books I’ve ever read.
- Jane Austen, because her books are an insight into characters who we can relate to from a time when people and places were different.
- Madeleine L’Engle is my favorite because she was able to write for a range of readers. She wrote children’s books, YA, adult, fiction, nonfiction, and poetry. My second favorite is Jane Austen. Her works transport me to the nineteenth century in England, which is my favorite setting to read about.
- John Hopkins because Lost Cactus is awesome!
- James Patterson. He thought what life is about… I lived through his stories.
- Truman Capote because he somehow makes beautiful stories from such simple words.
So who is your favorite author and why? Do share. We would love to hear.
If you were Stranded on a desert island and had the choice of only one book, what would it be. Here’s what participants in a public forum named as their favorite book if they only had to choose only one:
- How to Survive on a Desert Island
- Crooked Kingdom
- Carry On
- Six of Crows
- The Great Gatsby
- A Court of Mist and Fury
- The Bible
- Queen of Shadows
- Good Omens
- How To Build a Boat
- I’ll Give You the Sun
- The Book Thief
- They Both Die
- The Host
- Surviving 101
So what book would you be like to be stuck with if you had only one choice on a desert island? Share. We would love to hear.
Books and Fall Festival: It’s like candy! Treat yourself!
Join us at the City of Plantation’s Family Festival and get your copies of books on Success, Career, inspiration and motivation.
One book; one pen; one child; and one teacher can change the world
Delightful moment shared with Esther Tyson, former Principal of Ardenne High School. She shared Commentary on the Social and Educational Issues in Jamaica, at South Florida’s Book Festival at the African American Research Library and Cultural Center.
Didn’t get to make it? Copies of her book Ah Suh Me See it, Ah Suh Me Say It, available on Amazon.com, as well as copies of my books “Motivational Quotes To Boost Your Success” and “GreenLight:When God Says Go”
To read or not to read?
Barnes & Noble asked Readers to share a book that stayed with them long after they had read it. Many instantly chimed in with Elaborate responses. Here I share excerpts:
- Harry Potter series
- The Alchemist
- The Bible
- The Book Thief
- The Outsiders
- To Kill a Mockingbird
- The Fault in Our Stars
- Looking For Alaska
- The Giving Tree
- The Great Gatsby
- Cather in the Rye
- She’s Come Undone
- Hunger Games series
- When Breath Becomes Air
- The Secret Garden
- Tuesday’s With Morrie
- Pride and Prejudice
- Who Moved My Cheese
- The Shack
- The Great Gatsby
- Fahrenheit 451
- Eleanor and Park
- The Nightingale
- All The Light We Cannot See
- The Giver
There you have it! Did any resonate with you? Don’t throw a Tantrum, Do Share!
The beach. A nook. On the plane or train.
What’s your favorite place to read? That’s the question asked by Barnes and Noble. Many tuned as in Song replying in Harmony. My own favorite place to read is at the beach while listening to the quiet waves rippling ashore. Here I share excerpts of the hundreds who chimed in:
- Barnes and Noble cafe
- Bar or Brewery …
- Anywhere, though I love the idea of sitting in a nook outside my room door
- In my backyard on a sunny breezy day next to my cat and garden
- Next to her
- In a quiet cafe with a latte
- Anywhere comfy and cozy
- In the back of the car leaning against the front of the seat in front of you
- By any body of water or fireplace
- Library, with a mini table in front of me and hit chocolate
- On a blanket in the sunshine
- Anywhere and everywhere
- My bathtub
- The park
- Outside in the evening
- Bed with the rain outside
- In a quiet place
- In a bay window
- Camping against the lake
Did any resonate? Where’s your favorite place to read? Do share.
Come join us at Miami International Book Fair! The event runs November 13-20, 2016. Visit us on November 18, 2016, and pick up your copy of new release Success Strategies Workbook. Entrepreneurs, professionals, readers, come discover how you or a friend can take the next step to achieve your dreams, goals, and aspirations!
It’s my BIRTHDAY but you get the Present!!
Get your FREE Kindle copy of my book Success Strategies of Caribbean American Leaders in the United States. Learn Why Some Individuals Succeed While Others Don’t. It’s the result of a Phenomenological Study with Nova Southeastern University.
If you are a hard copy Reader, contact me to receive your FREE autographed copy TODAY ONLY August 26, 2016, while stocks last (just pay shipping).
Thanks for sharing this special day with me!