Don’t be afraid. Ask
Heart pounding. I reached for the phone ….10 times. Scared. How can I ask? They will say no or think I’m factitious. But the feeling of uneasiness, discomfort and pain would not go away. So pride aside, I picked up the phone.
They said yes.
Aren’t we all like that at times? Whether its a job, promotion, increase, entrepreneurial venture, or relationship, we encounter sleepless nights and stress because we are afraid to ask. Our wants, desires and needs go unfulfilled because we are afraid to ask.
Asking alleviates confusion, conflict, clarifies, and resolves our challenges and issues. Most important it helps us grow and creates a feeling of importance and joy to the person who has the answer.
But what if they respond negatively? What if they don’t? Go ahead and ask….I dare you?
The reason behind the write.
It’s all about you.
Your Success. Personal Development. Growth. Inspire. Encourage.
Select one. Connect. Take the leap
Sometimes you will just have to show up without an invitation where doors were never opened for you. Just Go. Don’t let anyone deny you the Opportunity. ~Henry Fernandez
Encouraged by this. Hope you are too.
As the sun rises daily without an invitation, we should rise in pursuit of our Goals. Let no one stop you. Go. Reach for the opportunity and if it doesn’t exist, create one. For only you can accomplish what you will.
Keep going. The Night will pass. Joy comes in the morning.
What can be awesome about finishing last? Finishing! ~ODB
The race is not for the swift. Too often we watch others. What are they going to say? How will they feel? They will hate. Discourage…say bad things.
The story was told by Our Daily Bread about a mom who went to the finish line to check on her daughter who finished the race last. Her goal? To encourage her. She was the one encouraged when the young girl exclaimed… I finished! She was running against her personal best.
This adage reminds us to focus on ourselves, our goals, our own prowess. If we continue to let the notion of “what will they say” impact us, then we will always lag behind. Even remain stuck.
Take a Stand
Today go out and do your best. What have you been holding back on? What do you need to go after? No matter how simple, Go out and do it. Rid the fear. Start now. Start today. With one step at a time, you’re sure to surprise yourself when you focus on you.
Need help? Let’s connect.
If you could give advice to your younger self, what would it be?
Life changes. We evolve, make decisions, choose careers, relationships, and enlarge our own space to embrace and create our own circle of influence including nuclear families. Recently I came across the common question about life and pondering the changes you would have made if you had the chance to advise your younger self. In deep thought I decided to ask professionals what their thoughts were. Most reflected. Here are excerpts of those who quickly chimed in:
- Stop and smell the roses. Life passes by in a flash. Children grow up. Relationships mature, evolve, change. Enjoy life. Appreciate the little things.
- Take more adventures. Let go of traditions.
- Enjoy life more along my journey. To be fearless and take more risks.
- Slow down, travel, start a business, invest, read more.
- Things don’t need to be perfect or need the approval of others. Dream big and go after your dream.
- Believe in Yourself
- Start walking with the Lord earlier
- Take great risks. Step out in faith. It has put me in a shrunken box…away from a life I was used to….but I am satisfied and firmly believe I will get to the dream I desire, despite the tough road I tarry. Perhaps I would not have known God the way I now do.
- Always have courage as life is not linear. Even if you don’t think it makes sense stop reflect and listen to the universe. The path is already defined
- Be bold
- Don’t give up and push for the reality of your dreams
- Be bolder in your steps. Everyone is trying to pave a path for themselves in life and are also facing their own doubts and struggles. They may act out in both love and hate so don’t react to either and never be discouraged when you don’t always hear what you want or allow naysayers to erode your confidence.
- You’ll get there. Everything doesn’t have to happen right away. Don’t dwell on the worst parts
- Pray more and listen to people less.
- Experience Peace and happiness always
- Be more patient. Do not feel so rushed all of the time. Give things a chance.
- Put your energy into things that can truly change or improve. Don’t spin your wheels on dead-end projects.
What about you? What advice would you give to your younger self? Do share. We would love to hear!