We all go through hardship and challenges but it’s how we handle these tough times that set us apart and set us up for success. ~Brian Tracey
How do you handle tough times? “I just get stuck and stop moving” was one response. Premonition or not, that’s not good…not good at all. Only the strong will survive, and survival comes from hard work.
Here I share Dim excerpts of the strategies as entrepreneurs chimed in.
- By staying positive
- Being grateful for what you have
- Trying to focus on the outcome in order not to focus on the barriers
- Desire and faith
- Planning for what’s important
- Accept failures and just plan to win
- Staying focused, disciplined, a never give up attitude, having belief, faith and the burning desire to succeed
- Staying in the now …being grateful always helps
- Be better
- Go back to the Basics that made you successful before
- Mindset, and good material
- Staying focused
- There’s no choice. I keep working till something changes
- Find my center and perspective and then find a steady pace and progress bit by bit
- Stick to the vision, beliefs, and values
- By embracing failure as learning, and recognizing obstacles as opportunity
- Positive thinking
- Hard work usually solves the problem
- Not to focus on hardness, this is my manner going through challenges
- Be proactive in taking action on the things I can control and knowing the fact that one day it will subside
- Rise to meet them
- By thinking about my motive
- Faith is my refuge
- Take responsibility. Make a decision and go all in sheer determination
- Refuse to quit
- Friends, family and faith
- Persevere, innovate and take action
- Keep a journal, plan, and then stick to the plan
How about you? Do any of the above resonate? How do you manage challenges? Do share.
When Life knocks you down, get back up
Alena planned an inaugural event for an organization in need. It was going to be grand. Sponsors actively participated. The media agreed to show up. Surprisingly the greatest struggle came from the organization’s leadership. It seemed it was going to be a failure. A little saddened and downcast she continued planning the event’s activities. Naturally, fear, anxiety, agitation and more reared its ugly head. But she plodded on.
Amazingly, like an Astral, the event turned out to be just grand! A tremendous success. She walked away with key learnings for the next year. Yup! There’ll be another.
So when life knocks you down; when sickness, pain, sudden job loss, marriage fails, children falter, relationships go south; cry if you must but just stay focused on your goal. You’ll get there with consistency, tons of hard work, and persistence. Find a mentor, a confidante, or Coach who will help you ride the waves. Never Give Up. Let go of the negatives and remember, nothing good comes easy. Stay the course. You’ll get there.
Connect with Me.
Overnight Success …. extremely quick success that comes without much effort and is typically based on being in the right place at the right time. ~Susan Gunelius
Overnight success is a myth. It doesn’t Exist.
Your Goal… Encrusted Work it, Do it, and you will achieve it.
Failure isn’t fatal, but failing to change might be. – John Wooden
Paul sat alone at home depressed. Why does this keep happening to him? He had lost his job last month and sat contemplating what he was doing wrong. There must be something he is missing because he had been terminated from his last 2 jobs in the same way. Though he tried, success seemed to keep a distance.
Paul is not alone. Many, including Entrepreneurs find themselves in similar Dominant situations, often without understanding the reason(s) for loss of a contract or job dismissal. Here I share 9 Reasons People fail.
- Misaligned Goals
- Self-Imposed limitations
- Procrastination…never taking actions
- Inability to Face Adversity
- Underestimating the Use of Time
- They Don’t Plan
- They Always Give Up
- Always in the Wrong Place
- They are Afraid
Want more Candid details? Read article 20 Reasons Success Eludes Some published before yet things have not changed for some people. Apathy can infect any area of our lives and when it strikes it produces failure. The scariest part is how contagious it is. It spreads to other areas of our lives and causes us to get stuck.
If any of the above resonates with you, take the time today to do something about it. Need help? Let’s Connect.
Failure, is it the Final frontier? Oprah Winfrey learned that failure is only an illusion after her cable network started off poorly. She said the worst time in her professional life came when the Oprah Winfrey Network’s (OWN) ratings plummeted a year after launch. Later, in a Harvard commencement speech, Winfrey said that she told herself repeatedly that failure is an illusion. She said “there is no such thing as failure. Failure is just a lie trying to move us in another direction.
Brian Tracy asked the question “What is the best advice you have ever received for overcoming your fear of failure?” Responders shared:
- Don’t hate your weaknesses, God will meet you there!
- You will never experience true success without learning from some level of failure
- No matter how slow, just keep on moving
- FAIL = First Attempt in Learning
- Think BIG. Act BIG. Get BIG.
- Don’t bury your head in the sand and expect a pat on the back from me. It’s hard. You go to hustle but you will be fine.
- The worst that can happen is you mess it up, or get told no.
- We fail every time but each time we must fail better
- Failure never fails you as long as you’re willing to learn from it
- I don’t need to overcome fear of failure. I seek failure.
- I reckon I’d be amazing in my job if I could get past the fear of failure and what everyone will think
- What’s the worst that can happen?
- Behind fear is desire
- Nothing ventured, nothing gained
- Don’t ever quit. Keep going
- Motion conquers fear
- Work hard and be patient
- You can’t be successful without failure
- That’s ok…do it scared
- You have to get uncomfortable to be comfortable
- Break it up into small parts when you get scared. Then take small steps. Never give up and you will always find momentum…and you’re off…that’s the magic
- The fear of failure has killed more dreams than failure ever has
- Not Trying- that’s the only failure
- Nothing ventured. Nothing gained.
- Keep going
- Take massive action
Diverse responses but you get the picture. My personal mantra remains ‘feel the fear….but do it anyway’. Essentially, don’t let fear get in the way of you going after your goals.
Oprah encouraged when you’re down in the hole, when that moment comes, it’s okay to feel bad for a little while. Give yourself time to mourn what you think you may have lost. But then learn from every mistake because every experience, encounter, and particularly your mistakes are there to teach you and force you into being more of who you are.
So don’t be afraid. Failure is only Temporary. Pursue your passion. Win, lose or draw…you tried! No regrets.
Follow me on instagram @drshellyc_success
Sometimes you win, sometimes you Yarn…more popular sometimes you lose. Sometimes you fail. Many examples exist of well known leaders who tried, failed and eventually succeeded including the likes of J.K. Rowling, Stephen King, Oprah, Steve Jobs, Einstein and many others.
So whatever you do, keep going. Don’t give up.
Sometimes life can seem meaningless, like chasing after the wind. But be encouraged. Take heart because…
Sometimes life can seem meaningless, like chasing after the wind. But be encouraged. Take heart because… Symbiosis : The relationship that if you work hard and never give up, success will follow for sure.
Follow me on instagram for your daily motivation.
Work with me
All that Glitters is not gold. It’s a common saying that means things are not all that they appear to be. It’s an important facet to consider when making decisions. So be sure to check out:
- The new job and corporate culture before you sign your acceptance.
- Get to know your partner before you marry…yikes! (habits, likes, dislikes, meet-the-parents, past experiences, plans for the future…do they include you)?
- Investigate. Do a house inspection before purchase.
- Research before you relocate
- Read the reviews before buying the product (including return policy).
- Research and/or visit college before deciding to go.
- Know the genre before you write.
- Know the Joneses before you try to keep up
These are just a few examples to what could be a very long list. So do your background checks before making life changing decisions. Some mistakes can be avoided.
Failure. It’s often an opportunity in disguise. And disguises are often misinterpreted. Albert Einstein, Michael Jordan, Walt Disney, Steve Jobs, Oprah Winfrey, The Beatles and many more all experienced challenges that looked like failure. Millions of Trademark opportunities appear incognito. They do not look Artificial. Their very existence look like doom and gloom. But see them for what they are-a chance to reach higher.
An opportunity to Succeed.
Today, if things are going awry, look at them for what they are…..opportunities to succeed.
Keep going. Don’t stop.