If you could give advice to your younger self, what would it be?
Life changes. We evolve, make decisions, choose careers, relationships, and enlarge our own space to embrace and create our own circle of influence including nuclear families. Recently I came across the common question about life and pondering the changes you would have made if you had the chance to advise your younger self. In deep thought I decided to ask professionals what their thoughts were. Most reflected. Here are excerpts of those who quickly chimed in:
- Stop and smell the roses. Life passes by in a flash. Children grow up. Relationships mature, evolve, change. Enjoy life. Appreciate the little things.
- Take more adventures. Let go of traditions.
- Enjoy life more along my journey. To be fearless and take more risks.
- Slow down, travel, start a business, invest, read more.
- Things don’t need to be perfect or need the approval of others. Dream big and go after your dream.
- Believe in Yourself
- Start walking with the Lord earlier
- Take great risks. Step out in faith. It has put me in a shrunken box…away from a life I was used to….but I am satisfied and firmly believe I will get to the dream I desire, despite the tough road I tarry. Perhaps I would not have known God the way I now do.
- Always have courage as life is not linear. Even if you don’t think it makes sense stop reflect and listen to the universe. The path is already defined
- Be bold
- Don’t give up and push for the reality of your dreams
- Be bolder in your steps. Everyone is trying to pave a path for themselves in life and are also facing their own doubts and struggles. They may act out in both love and hate so don’t react to either and never be discouraged when you don’t always hear what you want or allow naysayers to erode your confidence.
- You’ll get there. Everything doesn’t have to happen right away. Don’t dwell on the worst parts
- Pray more and listen to people less.
- Experience Peace and happiness always
- Be more patient. Do not feel so rushed all of the time. Give things a chance.
- Put your energy into things that can truly change or improve. Don’t spin your wheels on dead-end projects.
What about you? What advice would you give to your younger self? Do share. We would love to hear!