Experience the beauty of Sunrise.
To catch the Sunrise you have to work it. You have to get up early. Get to the beach.
To reach your Goals you have to know what you want then work it from early. Only then will you experience the joy of achievement.
Spending time alone is one of my absolute pleasures. I’m sure I’m not alone. You may also like to do that as well. A few years ago I shared that I had some planning to do and decided on a whim to jump into my car and drive to the beach. A few hours later, I had mapped out plans for my top goals for the rest of the year! yea! I left feeling totally satisfied to get things done! What seemed like an drilling exercise turned out to be quite productive, in a serene atmosphere.
Jo Chunyan shared a list of things do alone. I decided to pull my top 15 to share.
- Journal. Write up a list of things you would love to do. Declare your dreams and intentions or simply empty out all your thoughts into your notebook.
- Spend a day at a museum or art gallery
- Meditate – sit. Be still and devote time to listen to your spiritual thoughts. Breathe.
- Have dinner on your own in a nice restaurant – take time to really enjoy the food
- Go for a walk and enjoy breathing the fresh air
- See a film at a cinema on your own
- Rearrange your wardrobe and discover old clothes again.
- Donate old clothes, books and furniture. Make room for the new by clearing out the old.
- Go somewhere in the city where you have never been
- Give yourself a mini retreat weekend…eat healthy food, go for a massage, spoil yourself and really relax!
- Sip a cup of tea and look out the window
- Be Athletic. Go for a jog or walk on the beach. Breathe in the salty sea breeze and watch the waves lick the shore.
- Study. Sign up for an online course in any topic you have an interest in and learn something new
- Take a photo to depict each hour of your day
- Travel on your own. Learn something new about yourself.
Can you add any? Do share!
Register now to attend Writers Retreat and boost your writing project
Ever wondered how even the thought of the beach makes you feel relaxed? This holiday my family and I spent some time in the islands with a getaway at the beach enjoying the beautiful sunrise and sunset while avoiding the thought of the icy snow. It was a relaxing feeling that I wished could be brought to many during the Christmas snowy season.
I pondered more and decided to reflect on the reasons the beach is an answered prayer. Here I share 4 benefits as gleaned from Christina Heiser.
The Blue Color
The color blue is associated with feelings of calm and peace while staring at the ocean puts us into a mild meditative state that enhances creativity.
2. The Sound’s Ebb and Flow
The quiet sounds that the waves, emit slows us down and causes us to relax and feel more engaged.
3. The Smell
The beach scent and the ocean breeze causes us to relax into a sooth state as we breath in the fresh air.
4.The Sand’s Touch
Touching the sand creates a warm and fuzzy feeling which leads us to quiet relaxation.
So there we have it. Next time you want a quick getaway, make it the beach. Go listen to the sound, the smell, the touch and bask in immense relaxation that only the quiet waters provide. While there, reflect on the year past and create plans for the future.
Need help? Let’s connect.
Live near the beach? Grab your swimsuits and go enjoy the slow swooshing sound of the waves as they crash against the shore.
Anne Gherini shared in this INC article research about the benefits of going to the beach (as if we needed another reason …smile). From the points listed, here I share my top 3.
- Listen to the crashing waves puts your brain at ease
- Feel the sand between your toes as it stimulates your mind
- Remove the Blues. Stare at the ocean and get to that relaxing meditative State.
In this world of mad rush, stress and strain, plan a trip or two to the beach for a quick getaway. Then bask in the Benefits to relax, unwind, reboot. Your Brain cells are sure to recharge pushing you further along the Skewed productivity chain.
We read to know we’re not alone
What is your favorite activity when you grab that delightful book, and get lost in its world of Imagination? Barnes and Noble asked the question. Is it a cup of tea? Your pet? A cozy chair? Foreign? What’s your perfect reading companion?
Here I share excerpts of those who enthusiastically shared their favs.
- Rain, snacks, home alone, quiet
- A cloudy or rainy day
- Tea and chunky blanket
- Dog, a blanket, and Earl Grey
- My bed
- Reading with a nice cup of ice tea
- A warm blanket and the sound of the rain
- A cosy chair with a cup of tea and a cat curled in lap
- Coffee and comfy chair
- Strawberry Milk and China Anne McClain
- My couch
- Relaxing music, PJs
- Rainy day by a fireplace
- Wine, red wine
Sometimes in life you have to just make the move. I jumped 14,000 ft from a skydive high above the sea. The open air, sea, and clouds were all I could perceive. No easy feat. Like a Rube garbed in Costume, I was as scared as ever. But, with a trained guide affixed to my back and the wonders of a reliable parachute, I did it! (yikes)!
Today, I encourage you to step out and do whatever you want to do. Simply plan it, and with wisdom…do it even when you’re afraid.
Here’s a synopsis of my journey through the eyes of my youngest.
Go, make yours happen!
Longing for a Quick Getaway? The Beauty and Serenity of Captiva Island, Florida provides just that. As you drive along the coastline you start to feel the Stress of the daily grind slip away.
Don’t Succumb. Take a Break from your busy schedule and join us at this Exciting Retreat at the South Seas Island Resort, on November 3rd, and let your 2018 Goals Ascend.
Nature’s birds converge at the Edge of the seas. Captiva Island, Florida.
Recharge as the beauty of nature’s birds converge at the Edge of the seas. Captiva Island, Florida.