Spending time alone is one of my absolute pleasures. I’m sure I’m not alone. You may also like to do that as well. A few years ago I shared that I had some planning to do and decided on a whim to jump into my car and drive to the beach. A few hours later, I had mapped out plans for my top goals for the rest of the year! yea! I left feeling totally satisfied to get things done! What seemed like an drilling exercise turned out to be quite productive, in a serene atmosphere.
Jo Chunyan shared a list of things do alone. I decided to pull my top 15 to share.
- Journal. Write up a list of things you would love to do. Declare your dreams and intentions or simply empty out all your thoughts into your notebook.
- Spend a day at a museum or art gallery
- Meditate – sit. Be still and devote time to listen to your spiritual thoughts. Breathe.
- Have dinner on your own in a nice restaurant – take time to really enjoy the food
- Go for a walk and enjoy breathing the fresh air
- See a film at a cinema on your own
- Rearrange your wardrobe and discover old clothes again.
- Donate old clothes, books and furniture. Make room for the new by clearing out the old.
- Go somewhere in the city where you have never been
- Give yourself a mini retreat weekend…eat healthy food, go for a massage, spoil yourself and really relax!
- Sip a cup of tea and look out the window
- Be Athletic. Go for a jog or walk on the beach. Breathe in the salty sea breeze and watch the waves lick the shore.
- Study. Sign up for an online course in any topic you have an interest in and learn something new
- Take a photo to depict each hour of your day
- Travel on your own. Learn something new about yourself.
Can you add any? Do share!
Register now to attend Writers Retreat and boost your writing project