Writing is usually done in a private space… as in a cave all by ourselves. We tell no one unless we choose to share with those close. Oft it can even be top secret or shouted from the mountain top as happens when some celebrities write. It’s entirely up to you.
It’s Your Prerogative
Writers commit a month, a year, 2, 3 or more to their Writing process. It’s your prerogative. It all depends on you. No need to attend a retreat, until or unless you’re ready and you can always remain silent in the background listening to others speak. At a writers Retreat, some talk. Some don’t.
Spend time doing what you want to do before, during and after the retreat.
People approach me to share my knowledge and (writing) experience with them. That’s the whole point of doing a Retreat. Facilitators or Hosts often incur a loss or just barely meet the expense for meals and accommodation for a small group retreat when it’s done for aspiring local authors. Over the years, it becomes more profitable.
But it’s worth it because of the satisfaction it brings. Often though some aspiring authors who actually need the help tend to hesitate to go the extra mile to acquire the knowledge. For me, before I wrote my first book about my phenomenalogical study on leadership and success, I attended a writers event and it helped me a lot. I invested resources to attend and like a sponge was happy to hear from the facilitators on their experiences. Before that I attended many writing events held throughout the industry and on campus to boost my craft.
Personally, I tend… to attend both good and bad’ sessions. Essentially, I love to compare what’s happening in the marketplace. From the ‘bad’ I learn what NOT to do. From the good…well that’s self-explanatory. I want to do better than the best while helping others achieve their best potential, whatever that is.
All in all, Writers have to test what works. Each individual differs. What works for one person may not work for the other.
What works for you? Do share. We would love to hear!
Register now to attend Writers Retreat and boost your writing project
Busy is good. That’s my favorite response to entrepreneurs who express that they are busy.
You see, we have all been there when there is nothing to do. No job. No contract. No financial inflow. What frequently follows is sadness, apathy, boredom, inability to meet financial obligations and the list goes on. For sure that ain’t good for our mental state and wellbeing.
An 80-year-old grandmother was busy going to the gym, church, shopping, Medical visits to the doctor. Those activities kept her busy. It made her feel alive. Then suddenly her husband also retired. Now they both sit at home watching golf, tennis, jeopardy and wheel of fortune on TV. This past weekend she spent time in the hospital. Latency had stepped in.
That’s what happens when we are not busy. It happens to entrepreneurs, workers, student or retirees. There’s no respect of persons.
For entrepreneurs, being busy means there’s signed contract for work to be done. There’s opportunity to give work to job seekers on the hunt. There’s also productivity.
Find The Balance
So each time you find yourself complaining about being busy, I implore you to find the balance …but most of all give Thanks. Busy is a blessing because it means you’re doing something good.
So go ahead…get busy.
Stuck. Like an amoeba your life takes the shape of whatever comes your way. No planning. No forward thinking. Just there. Staring; hoping; going with the flow.
There’s a friend of mine who always says ” ahhh life’. It’s her response to the issues that comes her way. The issues that she figures there is nothing she can do about them. With that kind of thinking, those of us who are like her will simply live by taking whatever comes our way.
Life’s Deeper Meaning
Like my friend, are you at that point where you take whatever comes your way? Is that life? Most certainly not. Life is more than that. To adapt or to conform is still just simply taking whatever comes your way. Be confident. Know that Life has a deeper meaning.
It is my belief that nothing happens unless we Act. Unless we make it happen. As long as there is life, there’s hope. Unless we do something and take action, our dreams will remain just that…dreams. Nothing will come through.
So today if you are in a state of apathy, wake up. Do something. Even when you don’t feel like moving, push it. Go after your goals, dreams and aspirations. Who knows…when you move you might just get lucky and achieve great things. Just do it.
Need help? Let’s connect.
Live near the beach? Grab your swimsuits and go enjoy the slow swooshing sound of the waves as they crash against the shore.
Anne Gherini shared in this INC article research about the benefits of going to the beach (as if we needed another reason …smile). From the points listed, here I share my top 3.
- Listen to the crashing waves puts your brain at ease
- Feel the sand between your toes as it stimulates your mind
- Remove the Blues. Stare at the ocean and get to that relaxing meditative State.
In this world of mad rush, stress and strain, plan a trip or two to the beach for a quick getaway. Then bask in the Benefits to relax, unwind, reboot. Your Brain cells are sure to recharge pushing you further along the Skewed productivity chain.
What would you attempt to do if you knew you would not fail? – Robert Schuller.
Fear retards us. We get caught up in the ‘what if’ scenarios? What if I leave that miserable job…how will I feed my family? What if I take the leap into that new business, will it hurt me? What if I go back to school to pursue that dream career? What if I try this…what if I try that… and fail? Amidst my Reservation, will it be Finite?
The question is, what if you never try? How will you know what you are capable of doing? Sometimes situations beset us as in the case of Steve Jobs who was fired from the company he started. Naturally, he was sad—even devastated. But when he started doing the things he wanted to do, he discovered something different and exciting! The rest is history as we have all benefited from the pleasures of connectedness. It is now common practice to see people walking around as if in a Trance with heads buried in their phones. Pleasurable yet risky practice. But it all happened because of one guy who chose to step out.
Quotes That Quote
To get over our fears, we turn to green pastures that we find in family, friends but most of all we find solace in Quotes. Quotes are motivating. We all have our favorites. They encourage us to do something. When the going gets tough, many turn to a motivational quote for a bit of inspiration. To hold on–to become stronger. Quotes are displayed as pieces of art throughout our lives. We find them at work, in offices, at home, in educational institutions, in museums, on T-Shirts, or those Chinese fortune cookies that most gravitate towards after a meal at a restaurant.
As a transition coach who specializes in individuals going through change, whether in their career or becoming a new entrepreneur, I have researched and published books on Success. I also post motivational quotes on Instagram daily. Recently, I decided to archive a few. In doing so I selected the most popular and well-liked quotes and published them into a book. The idea was to provide a compiled resource for those on or offline, who prefer to open a book for a daily boost of inspiration.
I hope that the quotes selected and published in the little pocket-book titled “Motivational Quotes to Boost Your Success“, will Ooze you or a friend to take the step to try something new, something different. No doubt you will find it Magnetic and exhilarating as you step out.
Read. Be encouraged. Share with a friend.
Brian Tracy asked the question “What Does Success Mean to You?” Responses came in Opaque forms…
Get an education. Become a lawyer, doctor, get a cool career! Marry Prince/Princess Charming. Buy that nice big house. Have the perfect kids. These are some of the wishes that moms and dads often want for their children to Jolt them to success or to Restart. But I have always stressed that you should not let anyone define what success means to you. It’s entirely your decision.
Brian Tracy asked the question “What Does Success Mean to You?” Responses came in Opaque forms including:
- Doing what I want when I want and helping others so that they can to help themselves
- The highest level of success is happiness
- Do the right thing and be a great person or human being
- Not caring if it is Monday or Friday. Loving every day of the week the same. Having a good relationship with people. Making a difference. Continuously learning and doing more and more to improve yourself as a human being
- Being happy with what you do
- Success is being able to do what I want, when I want and with whom I want with the ability to help and lift up others along the way
- Success is when you have freedom financially, debt free and you see the success of other people through you. Success is not only money–if you are happy in all areas of life and have peace of mind.
- Getting all dreams or aims in life by way of planning and professional development
- Success brings happiness and high satisfaction…smiles
- Success is knowing what you are sent to do and giving it all that’s required to accomplish it. Success is discovering something interesting about your life and going the extra mile to manifest it
- Being able to manage my time and be at places I want with the people I love. But the best part of success is finding our purpose in life and giving it away
- Self development is the key and success will run towards you
- Success is when I’m proud of me
- Starting my own business
- To always focus on my own business
- New birth
- Rewrite my life
- Success means balance to me
- Being able to provide, being at the top of my game doing what I love, my own large home, nice car, decent healthcare cover, happiness
- What I have done compared to what I could have done
- Inspire people to think like me
- Prosperity, peace, and contentment in every area of my life
- Being happy in everything that I do. Feeling loved in my work and trying to see the result of my efforts
- To be free with this what I love. Helping!
- My definition of success…my family
Does any of these definitions resonate with you? What’s your own definition?
Who in their right mind can say that they are Pleased when challenges come their way? Very few persons. But challenges help us grow. It is our attitude to the challenges that help us survive a failing business, life events, careers, educational pursuits, natural disasters, tragedies, and more.
Recently, I shared the story of Nick Vujicic who was born without arms and legs, yet not only has he survived, he is now a worldwide successful motivational speaker.
You may also like 5 Ways to Overcome Bad Luck
So when the challenges come as they certainly will, use self-awareness and motivation to best manage it. As you face your Biggest Fears, hold strong knowing that challenges come your way to boost you, to make you stronger … to achieve your goals, dreams and aspiration.
Don’t Give up!
Follow me on Instagram for Daily Motivation
But when it all comes together, it’s sweet like honey and produces something naturally beautiful.
Swarm…in the process it stings. But when it all comes together, it’s sweet like honey and produces something naturally beautiful.
Goals…keep going. Don’t stop.
All that Glitters is not gold. It’s a common saying that means things are not all that they appear to be. It’s an important facet to consider when making decisions. So be sure to check out:
- The new job and corporate culture before you sign your acceptance.
- Get to know your partner before you marry…yikes! (habits, likes, dislikes, meet-the-parents, past experiences, plans for the future…do they include you)?
- Investigate. Do a house inspection before purchase.
- Research before you relocate
- Read the reviews before buying the product (including return policy).
- Research and/or visit college before deciding to go.
- Know the genre before you write.
- Know the Joneses before you try to keep up
These are just a few examples to what could be a very long list. So do your background checks before making life changing decisions. Some mistakes can be avoided.