Goals. Have Faith. Have Courage. Be Strong. Never Give Up. What will seem like in the Blink of an eye, you will achieve. So keep going.
I watched my daughter’s 2-year son -RJ learn to eat, talk, walk, and more. It was an exhilerating experience to see his little efforts. Almost simultaneously, I watched my mom being ‘forced’ to learn life’s simple things all over again after experiencing a massive stroke. It was sad. Oh the contrast of those two bitter-sweet experiences.
But for most of us who must learn to adapt to the evolution of life whether through advances in social media, technological revolution, using work gadgets, or simply learning to adapt to life’s Lurching changes. Some choose to avoid it, while others regardless of age, quickly adapt.
Lifelock put together a brief list of tricks to help us learn faster. As we get into gear for 2018 Goal Setting Retreat, my fav learning tricks are:
- Breaking down difficult tasks into smaller ones
- Focus on one small skill at a time
- Learning from mistakes
- Teaching others
- Focusing on the 80/20 rule
Those are my favs. Which is yours?
Grab a Friend and Plan to attend 2018 Goal Setting Retreat in Las Vegas! This retreat is for you if you are a New Entrepreneur, or Mid-Career Individual in Transition who has experienced…
How many times have you sat alone at home or at the office and decided that you are going to do this or that for the coming year? No doubt many times! But statistics reveal that over 80% of individuals fall short of their plans within 2 months of the New Year. Then frustrations set in later when you look back and realize that you haven’t done a thing towards accomplishing your goal.
Here’s where we come in. Grab a Friend and Plan to attend 2018 Goal Setting Retreat in Las Vegas! This retreat is for you if you are a New Entrepreneur, or Mid-Career Individual in Transition who has experienced:
- A burning desire to Move from Employee to Entrepreneur, or pondering a Glaring change a in your career.
- A change has been thrust your way—without notice. Without warning you have been blindsided.
- Sometimes you feel like a failure—as though you’re just ‘winging’ it.
- You’re a workaholic who wants the time and space to do the things you’ve always dreamed of. Things such as spending time with your family, or to getaway on that dream vacation that you promised yourself years ago.
Expected Delivery Outcome include:
- Visioning | Planning | Finding Your Why
- Identifying your Top 3 Key Goals
- Creating Concrete Steps to Achieve
- Strategies to Keep Your Plans on Target
- Connect! Connect! Connect with like-minded Professionals
- A chance to relax and rejuvenate in a different and fun environment
This event has strict parameters, so please ensure you will be able to meet the following requirements:
- Come prepared to Achieve.
- Stay for the entire session.
- You should set concrete goals that you want to achieve.
- Bring a Laptop computer (with WiFi accessibility) if you prefer
- Dress comfortably.
Experience Your facilitator will be headed by Dr. Shelly Cameron, Organizational Leadership Specialist, Author and Coach, who has over 15 years planning Leadership Retreats to devise and concretize Goals and strategies to achieve.
Material: All working documents will be provided at no extra cost
Food: Breakfast and Lunch will be provided on the 3rd November
Relaxation: You will be able to reserve Excursion activity (your cost) on the 4th November
Hotel: Discounted rate 11/2 – $175 | 11/3 – $205 are available at the Signature at the MGM Grand. Registration for the Event will be made by individual attendees directly with MGM Registrations.
Additional Notes – Recommended you arrive a day early (2nd Nov 2017) and be ready for an early morning start the next day.
For Additional information – Contact Email
Capture Early Bird Rates – Reserve now
“Success requires the courage to risk disapproval. Most independent thought, new ideas, or endeavors beyond the common measure are greeted with disapproval, and ranging from skepticism and ridicule to violent outrage. To persevere in anything exceptional requires inner strength and the unshakable conviction that you are right.” – Chin-Ning Chu
I hate Mondays!
This is a common cry of many workers whose jobs are like a desert. A place that is dry and parched. A place that’s without hope. Indeed so many hate the job they do.
Why stay there? Why not take the steps to do something more satisfying that you can step out with a Shimmer of hope, and breathe ahhh…tis Monday! I love what I do!
Well the reality is that for most people that seems like a passing dream. Often there is so much to do that many go the Casual route. Wish it away! Get stuck …unable to do anything.
Need help? Here are 9 tips for those interested in their performance, as adapted from Joe Duncan’s list. This will help you plan your week.
9 Tips to Plan Your Week
- Look back on the past week and list everything you did well.
- Do the same for those areas that you think you can improve upon this week
- Think about the coming week. Set your expectations for your personal performance
- Write down the top 5 things you have to get done this week, and by what date and time you plan to get it done
- Next to each of the 5 points write down 3 points on how you are going to make them happen. Simple things will do. Don’t make it complicated.
- List the top 3 things you are going to do this week that will move your life forward in a big way. Consider, (i) who you can network with; (ii) your biggest income generating opportunity; (iii) identify one skill you can practice or learn to become more valuable in the market.
- Write down 2 things you will do every morning before you get ready for work, or for the day.
- What’s the one thing that you are going to do this week that will make you feel alive and that will make you feel the greatest sense of joy and accomplishment? This includes things like taking family somewhere nice for dinner; doing something for you (massage, exercise, other), or even just buying toys and giving them to the kids in a hospital
- Write it down. Plan it. Schedule it…make it a priority
“the football field is the perfect place to die”.
CNN shared the findings that Chronic Traumatic Encephalopathy ((CTE) disease was found in 99% of deceased ex-NFL players. A Rookie NFL 🏈 player said he is willing to die for the game. More directly he said “the football field is the perfect place to die”. Was he being insensitive? Possibly naive like a tethered Toothbrush? Arguments differ.
But it caused me to think …is your passion worth dying for? Substandard? Possibly….but what do you think?
I have always been fascinated by the topic of Success. So much that I decided to do three (3) years of research on success and leadership. I interviewed leaders at the top of their organizations to find out what they considered to be the traits that led to their success, and the Challenges they had to overcome. Then I was lucky enough to have the findings published in the Journal of American Academy of Business Cambridge (JAABC), as well as other books.
These days when I go around to speak or attend conferences and events, I take the opportunity to find out what success means to individuals. Listen to Miko Branch Founder and CEO of Miss Jessie’s as she shares her definition of success. Miko is recognized as Pioneer for transforming the haircare industry for natural and curly hair.
Brian Tracy asked the question “Does Being Rich Make You Successful?” Responses came in many forms from those responding “YES–But“, to the more common “No’ responses giving their reasons why.
Thinking further about this Pest-like Lusted phenomenon that defies many, I heard of an ailing executive rolling in the $$$, who had an incurable condition. He was asked the question to which he replied that he would give all his money in exchange for life.
Isn’t that crazy? What most dream and become obsessed about, those who have it would exchange it for life’s normal everyday living.
Personally, I believe it is important to define what Success Means to you. It’s no Coincidence. How will you know when you have achieved it? Defining it helps you to visualize your expectations, whether it is to be ‘rich’, get an education, start a family, land that dream job, or become that all time successful entrepreneur. Whatever your goal for success, take the step today to achieve it.
Now its your turn. Do you believe being rich makes you successful? Can’t wait to hear your take.
Need help with taking that next step in your career? Let’s Connect
Share your best advice to Succeed…34 others did. None too Shallow
- I believe in you
- Study the Greats
- Never lie to yourself
- Be kind
- Trust no one
- Know Your worth
- Breathe. Now keep going
- Never Give up
- Worry less. Pray more
- Overthinking kills happiness
- Trust God’s timing
- Mind your own business
- Do what you want
- Change your mindset
- Pay it forward
- Just go for it
- With Faith anything’s possible
- Always Push Forward
- Let it go!
- Pain is temporary
- Just do you boo
- Always live on purpose
- Seize the opportunity
- Pay off your debt
- Dont settle for less
- Be your own boss
- Be you! Do you!
- It’s gonna be alright
- Stay away from negativity
- Life Goes on
- Never Settle
- Work hard. Be Patient
- Do it!
- Now it’s your turn
I went to the grocery store that’s been in the same locale for more than 10 years. As I stepped in, the Traditional Fragrance of the familiar faces was missing. Confused, I enquired, where are they? I was told that the owners sold the business and had moved to a different location for a bigger and better venture.
I felt cheated. Immediately I decided I’d go find them for… how could they do that to ‘me’?!
Then I started thinking about my own passion. Daily I encourage individuals to take the leap…, go do what you have always wanted to do. Yet here I was–feeling cheated. How dare me?
Has that ever happened to you? We love the familiar. The thing that so Harmonizes and makes us comfortable. Safe. Tranquil. At peace. When it’s gone, we feel a hollow in our life…in our soul. I reflect on the book “Who Moved My Cheese”, which became famous because of its simplicity yet profound impact. The late Spencer Johnson told the story about the Change that takes place in a maze with amusing characters as they searched for cheese. It’s metaphoric delight draws us in as we identify with the characters. Those of us who sniff, scurry, hem, and haw at the sight of change.
Today, I return to my usual self, I am thrilled that the management of that Grocery Store decided to move on. They have gone to achieve their dream. They had taken the bold step to higher heights.
Is there someone you’re blocking from achieving his/her goals? How about you? What’s your own plan for the next 3-5 years? How will you get there? Step aside and allow yourself, family, friend, or foe …(yikes!), to achieve what you/they have always wanted.
Afraid? Let’s connect!
Follow me on Instagram for Daily Motivation.