Life changes. Careers that once were exciting later becomes a strain or even boring. Sometimes the organization changes or a beloved supervisor leaves and the environment becomes unbearable. Other times you may simply want more…or less as with managers who no longer wish to lead. Newly weds may want to start a family and just want to do enough to get by.
Well if you haven’t looked at your resume for a while you’ve got some work to do to capture your the journey your career has been on to start your search. Don’t rush it. Take your time to get it done. You may not get it perfect immediately, but in time you will.
Here are 7 ways authors Wendy Enelow and Louise Kursmark espoused by SHRM on updating your resume. The tips can be applied to any situation. Read the full article How to Write Powerful and Memorable Resumes
- Use a well-branded headline
- Share details about the organization you worked for
- Emphasize Achievements
- Highlight key words
- Prepare your resume for applicant tracking system (ATS)
- Share what makes you special ( what separates you from others)
- Write tight, clean and lean
Need help? Let’s connect
You can do and be anything you want to be
I Looked around and saw the need in society to encourage youths and ethnic minorities to go after and seek to do what they wanted to do. This quest took me on a journey… through a process of highs, and lows. Highlights include:
1. Giving up my well-paying job/career to accomplish my dream. Sometimes you have to give up the good to achieve the great.
2. Embarking on a Journey that dug deep into Leaders and how they achieved Success
3. Publishing my research in a book on Success Strategies and leadership
4. Publishing Workbook on Success and how you too can do it
5. Publishing a book with Motivational Quotes To Help you stick to your dream.
6. Publishing a documentary video to share with others
It’s humbling to see the impact this sacrifice has made in the lives of others. So as we approach the start of a New Year, if you find yourself wondering about your purpose; wondering about your future; wondering about how to get where you want to go, then do what I did…Just start. Find a mentor or coach, or speak with a trusted family member or friend.
So today, take the step to do what you want to do. Otherwise you’ll find yourself at the end of another year being stuck and never accomplishing anything.
Come on, just do it! Age is not an issue. If you need help, contact me now. Let’s get started on your own journey to success.
Waiting for the Write moment seldom happens. It retards my goal.
So just write I say!
I start… then slowly the Write moment rears its beautiful head.
My journey has begun.
And I smile ….