“I was suffering from success because I was winning but I myself was suffering for the win. I said, ‘this is what success is all about’? So instead of working hard I started working smart”. ~DJ Khaled
How many of us have been there. Workaholics we call it. Grinding away and end up suffering personally. We don’t take the time to relax and chill. Just do nothing, or play with kids, or our four-legged friends. DJ Khaled calls it “suffering for the win”.
The point is in our quest for Success, Balance is important. When we get there and there’s no joy, there’s no meaning. Find that balance.
there’s always the Grinch but they’re just a few, so let’s not let them spoil it for us too.
It’s the most wonderful time of the year! Christmas! The Holidays! Whatever you call it… to me its the most wonderful time of the year! People are kind, joyful, generous, smiling, pretty-all dressed up for those office parties, and family gatherings! There’s sumptuous food, Folly jolly chocolate delights, gifts and so much more! Yes, I know there’s always the Grinch but they’re just a few, so let’s not let them spoil it for us too.
Music of the Season
The season kicks off with holiday music… and today I would love to share them all! Hey, I’m just kidding! I will just share 11 of my favs!
- All I want want for Christmas is you (Mariah Carey)
- It’s the most wonderful time of the year (Andy Williams)
- Holly Jolly Christmas (Burl Ives)
- Feliz Navidad (Jose Feliciano)
- Mary did you know (Pentatonix)
- Silent Night (Temptations)
- Last Christmas (Bing Crosby)
- Let it Snow (Dean Martin)
- This Christmas (Chris Brown)
- You’re a mean one Mr. Grinch (Thurl Ravenscroft)
- It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas (Johnny Mathis)
Am I missing any of your personal favs? Do Share!
Inspiration ….being mentally stimulated to do or feel something, especially to do something creative.
You want it? You’ve got it! What a feeling! To dream, to believe, to strive, to achieve! Exhilating…. oh yes it is!
How often we aspire to achieve but find there is an Agile disconnect between getting from where we are and where we want to be. Our Sated goals for self-actualization appear Undulated and far-fetched. We feel stalled, lethargic, demotivated, stretched like Elastic. We can’t seem to defy the odds. We beat up ourselves because of our liminal progress.
That’s where positive self-talk comes into play. To get moving. To feel inspired to be creative. To do something different. We can do this through travel, exploration, positive thinking, afilliation with progressive people, through reading, music, and more.
Songs stimulate our desire to achieve. Here are 10 to get you going.
10 Songs That Stimulate Achievement
- Eye of the Tiger – Survivor
- Aint no mountain high enough – Marvin Gaye & Tammi Terrell
- Don’t stop believin – Journey
- Stronger (What doesn’t kill makes you stronger) – Kelly Clarkson
- What a feeling – Irene Cara
- Imagine – John Lennon
- Stand by Me – Ben E. King
- Don’t Worry about a Thing – Bob Marley
- Heal the World – Michael Jackson
- You Raise Me Up – Josh Groben
Add your favs to the list!
You may also like Destinations That Inspire, Success: 8 Books That Inspire