As life evolves, keep up. ~Patricia Chin
I had the pleasure of sitting in on an intimate conversation with Reggae Music’s Matriarch Patricia Chin in an interview with G. Cole, as she celebrated 40 years of founding VP Records. She has promoted and released music for renowned artists the likes of Shaggy, Sean Paul, Beenie Man, Beres Hammond, Taurus Riley, Romain Virgo, Etana, Elephant Man, Morgan Heritage, Lady Saw, Freddie McGregor, Dennis Brown and many more. Taking Reggae music from unknown to where it is today, she shared tips on how entrepreneurs and goal-seekers can achieve Success in today’s fast changing world. Here I share 24 of my personal faves:
24 Inspiring Tips For New Entrepreneurs
- As life evolves, keep up. There’s opportunity for everyone.
- Think outside the box – do what others aren’t doing
- Always think of new ideas
- Get into the full circle of business
- Listen to the customer
- Collaborate. Create partnerships. Help others
- Think of market needs and how can you help meet those needs
- Teach as you go along
- Sometimes it’s not the right time. Be patient. Wait.
- Continuous learning. Unlearn. Relearn. Just learn. Grow
- The journey is hard but if you stick with it and have a passion you can make it
- Competition is good.
- Keep striving and try to do the best you can and you will make it
- Do what you must. Learn. If you can’t speak the language find another way to communicate
- There’s enough for everyone if we do it right
- Let no one stop you. Go after what you want.
- Have passion and a goal
- Don’t be afraid to ask questions
- Surround yourself with positive people
In her line of business Pat Chin summarized that her greatest achievement was watching her artists evolve to stardom and notoriety. In her words “Music never dies. The sweetness is there still”.
From the list above, what works for you? Do share. We would love to hear.