The concept to sharpen the saw highlights the point that when you have been going, going, and going …and you can’t seem to see any results. Acknowledge that it’s time to stop. It’s time to refresh. It’s time for a break to get the rest you need to start thinking so you can be productive again.
Here are a few suggestions that Brett and Kate McKay shared in their article on how you can fuel your brain’s recovery and sharpen the mental blade:
- Read the Great Books
- Write a position paper on a topic of your choosing
- Listen to a stimulating podcast
- Listen to a Great Courses course
- Take an online course
- Attend a lecture at a local college
- Join a discussion group (synergizing mental and social domains!)
- Visit a museum
- Watch a documentary
Did any of the above inspire you? Are there one or few that’s missing that works for you? Do share, we would love to hear.