Start with Yes!
Yes to your dreams. Yes to your hopes and aspirations. Yes to make that move. Go ahead. Just Say Yes and do it.
After months, years or a decade of toil, you have finally finished your masterpiece! Yeaaa! Now onto getting it out to the world. But where? How? Can you do it with a difference? In a writers forum the question was asked…
Where would be some funny places to do a book signing?
Here I share authors’ thoughts as they poured in their tales:
Funny Places For Book Launch
- Flea market
- The side of the road somewhere
- Outhouse line at the county fair
- Outside an Apple store
- 3D Theater
- Bluegrass Festival
- The Bathroom
- Chucky Cheese
- Beauty Salon
- In the Bait shop at a local lake
- At a sign store
- At a winery
- Night club
- Funeral home
- County jail
- An organization for the blind
- High-end men’s clothing store
- Boxing gym
- Liquor store
- Planned Parenthood
- An internet cafe
- A vet for a dog book
- At a book burning
- The stationary aisle at the local pharmacy
- In a kids backyard tree-house
- At the end of an obstacle course
- Under a mistletoe
- Bed, Bath & Beyond
- Bowling alley
Yep, some of these are sure funny. But the thing is… it all depends on what your book is about. Your book’s theme can help your choice. For example if it’s about the story of dogs, then why not consider a veterinarian’s office. If it’s about building the perfect home, then Bed, Bath & Beyond will do.
So if you’re an author, go for it! Let your juices flow! Do the non-traditional. You and your guests will walk away with a smile. Any missing? Do share. We would love to hear.
If your Goals don’t scare you, they aren’t big enough.
Success takes guts. Success takes a never-give-up attitude. It takes resilience. Here are 5 points to help in your stride to achieve your dreams, goals and aspirations.
Stride To Achieve Success
1. Focus on your Personal Development
2.Have a Driving Vision
3. Schedule a Re-Invention Exercise for yourself every 3 years
4. Learn something new each month
5. Be concerned if you don’t make any Mistakes
Read more in Success Strategies Workbook. Need help? Let’s connect.
The heaviness of being successful was replaced by the lightness of being a beginner again, less sure about everything. It freed me to enter one of the most creative periods of my life. ~Steve Jobs
Success is a joy. It brings satisfaction beyond measure. But as we progress we find it can become burdensome as in the case of celebrities, burnt-out executives missing family time, entrepreneurs, career enthusiasts, and myriads more. Sometimes success carries weight.
Reflect On Your Why
Today, reflect on your why. Why you want to go where you want to go. Reflect on why you want to do what you want to do. Then go… find that Success. But as Steve Jobs learnt, create that balance. Only then you will find that lasting peace. That solace that’s sure to bring you joy.
Cheers to the new you!
Read a lot. Write a lot.
And by the way, everything in life is writable about if you have the outgoing guts to do it, and the imagination to improvise. The worst enemy to creativity is self-doubt. ~Sylvia Plath
Tips gleaned from experienced authors to those interested in venturing out on their own writing journey.
- Write. Keep writing.
- Read a lot so you understand how others do what they do
- Learn the craft …that is part of writing
- Proofread. Rewrite so it makes sense
- Learn the craft. Books, classes, YouTube
- Be yourself. Tell the story
- Brainstorm writing ideas
- It takes a lot of sacrifice
- Find online sites that accept free submissions. Publish 800-1200 word articles on a subject that interests you. Write and submit articles to many sites. Once accepted try longer pieces
- Don’t let “no thanks” deter you.
- Read, read, master the language you want to write in. Read, read and read a bit more
- Start writing. Just keep writing. Stand at a bus stop, look at a fence and …write. Sit in a pub, get yourself a drink and write about the next person who walks through the door – not his descript but his life story, his family, his job. Just write
- Read the classics and discover why they are rated so highly
- If you don’t know what to write or have writers block, use writing prompts to get those creative juices flowing.
- Don’t shy away from criticism. Being critiqued doesn’t always feel amazing, but it always makes you a better writer. Every time someone tells you what they think of your manuscript, you get closer to an objective understand of your work, which is invaluable
- Don’t worry about perfection when you are writing your first draft. Good writing is re-writing
- Believe in yourself.
- Never give up.
Solid thoughts of inspiration for those new to the writing craft. Anything missing that you would like to add? Do share. We would love to hear!
The meaning of life is to find your purpose. The purpose of life is to give it away. ~Pablo Picasso
Jillee went through some stuff. It’s called life. Through her journey she developed a passion and a will to find her purpose–what she really wanted to do. She did. From her list, I share my top favorite ways how you too can find your purpose and passion in life.
- Find out what you hate doing
- Love everything you do
- Slow down
- Make a creativity Board
- Make a list of People you admire
- Examine the themes in your life
- Remember what you loved as a child
- Focus on the fun
- Try visualization
- Own your uniqueness
- Ask your friends for feedback on when they see you the happiest
- Cultivate Confidence
Great list right? Try one, two or a few and find your purpose and passion today. Personally I would also encourage you to look deep into your inner being–your spirituality. But that’s me. Already found yours? Do share, we would love to hear.
Taking Time out does not mean stopping your Goals. It means reflecting on why you started. ~Dr. Shelly Cameron
I was driving to work deep in thought about the day’s schedule and some challenges that needed attention when suddenly I saw a sign that read “Be Prepared To Stop“. In their case they were talking about road work up ahead. In my case it meant to me that sometimes life’s goals will come with challenges. We set goals but we have to be prepared to stop, slow down, and wait until we get the GreenLight to go. At times there will be setbacks which may require us to make U-Turns or even change directions completely.
As you know, unexpected stops and delays can be annoying especially if you’re rushing somewhere that you really want to get to. You set goals and deadlines. Then suddenly something comes up causing delays. But it is all a part of the greater plan.
It’s In Time Away That We Get Clarity
You see, it’s in time away from our routine that we get clarity. Once we stop we are able to think clearly. All are necessary in life in order for us to achieve, to develop, and to grow. Sometimes we are so caught up in our life engagements that we miss the big picture. It is then that we need to de-stress. To take the time to take care of ourselves. To chill; to relax. Only then will we be able to think clearly on which direction to go.
Today, stop for a bit and reconnect with your future. Your goals depend on it. Need help? Let’s connect.
Never tolerate a toxic person
Toxic people are everywhere. They cause stress, heartache, sadness and are simply intolerable. Life can be miserable whether you live with them or work around them. Here are 8 ways to identify them and some strategies to use to survive them.
Learn more in Success Strategies Book.