If you don’t know where you’re going, any road will take you there
Just drive! Hit the road! It doesn’t matter where you’re going. Just drive! There’s not much to that. With no plan, anything you do will get you nowhere. But that’s more than likely not your intention. There’s more Interest and satisfaction for example when you plan a vacation knowing exactly where you’re going; researching the cost of airfare, hotel accommodations, tours, not to mention the ton of fun you’ll get from the planning exercise itself!
Here are 11 Goal-Setting Quotes selected that will inspire you to achieve:
- Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can.
- You cannot change your destination overnight, but you can change your direction overnight. – Jim Rohn
- When you say ‘Yes” to others, Make sure you aren’t saying ‘No’ to yourself.
- If you don’t design your own life plan, chances are you’ll fall into someone else’s plan. And guess what they have planned for you? Not much. -Jim Rohn
- The greater danger for most of us isn’t that our aim is too high and miss it, but that it is too low and we reach it. -Michelangelo
- This one step…choosing a goal and sticking to it…changes everything. -Scott Reed
- A goal without a plan is just a wish.
- It’s not about the goal. It’s about becoming the type of person that can accomplish the goal. – Tony Robbins
- If the plan doesn’t work, change the plan, but never the goal
- People with goals succeed because they know where they are going. – Earl Nightingale
- A goal should scare you a little, and excite you a lot. – Joe Vitale
Adopted from MoveMe. Set one Goal that you can commit to achieve. Then, make sure you put it in a place where you can be reminded of it every day. For example, you could turn your goal into a poster and place it on your bedroom wall, or you could make your goal your smartphone background, or you could put your goal on your work desk – anywhere that you will see it often. Finally, try to tell somebody what you’re doing and tell them to hold you accountable. The power of accountability can never be overemphasized. When you have somebody to report to, you will be more likely to push through on days when you don’t feel like it and see your goals through to the end!
Need help? Register to attend 2018 Goal-Setting Retreat now. Connect with me.
CNN headline news reported that a Mom left her Kids Alone at Home for a trip to Europe! Witty? Unbelievable? Hilarious? Crazy? Call it what you wish. But in this age of focus on self, it’s not uncommon to see people taking things a little too far (well…very far as in the case of Europe…no pun intended). Let’s make sure that we are not doing things for ourselves to the detriment of our own lives, and those of our loved ones. Now that mom will be jailed as a result of her time away. Read story here
It’s important that we take time out. Whether it’s as a parent, entrepreneur, career professional, writer, or other. Taking a retreat will help you to refocus. This may be to attend a conference, group getaway, or self-retreat. That’s why we have planned a small group 2018 Goal-Setting Retreat at the beautiful Sanibel Beach Resort on Captiva Island in South Florida. Book your space now and put your goals into gear for next year.
Ever spent time searching for something that you know will not add any value to your day? The crazy perfectionist in me does that sometimes. Today, I searched for information and went crazy trying to find something that was like a needle in a haystack. I search, and searched, and searched. An hour later I said let me try this database just once more…maybe it’s here. Another hour later, another database…maybe it’s there. E-filing problem? Definitely!
The thing is …what I was searching for was just something that if I used it in a project, it would be a nice to thing to do. But that search lasted hours and I drew precious time away from the things I really needed to focus on.
Coming up I have a Launch, a presentation, book signing events, and group sessions that needed my attention. Yet….all these goals were lingering while I wasted time on the unimportant.
Putting First Things First
Has this ever happened to you? I’m sure (smile). But though it irks, we need to focus on the important things first, then the other things will eventually fall into place. To answer your Witty thoughts…no, I did not find the document I was searching for. But I was reminded of the principle of putting important things first before other things. Your goal maybe an entrepreneur venture, it may be financial, family, career, or other. But putting first things first, will help you get things done.
What about you? Have you ever experienced this? Do share! would love to hear.
Need help in managing your goals? Reserve your seat at the 2018 Goal-Setting Retreat
Work, Sleep, Family, Fitness, or Friends: Pick 3.
Personally, I am a recovering workaholic…
Work, Sleep, Family, Fitness, or Friends: Pick 3.
The online Mega media Inc. recently posted this Question. Thought I’d share for our reflection to find out what we are Focused on. Personally, I am a recovering workaholic. It’s argued that if entrepreneurs and career high achievers are honest with themselves, the rest of life tends to get pushed out of balance. The challenge is to focus on what’s important. Building a business, family, taking care of our health, or connecting.
Over to you. reflect, retreat then share your thoughts. Be honest. Can’t wait to hear!
Spending time alone is one of my absolute pleasures. I’m sure I’m not alone. You may also like to do that as well. I had some planning to do and decided on a whim to jump into my car and drive to the beach. A few hours later, I had mapped out plans for my top goals for the rest of the year! yea! I left feeling totally satisfied to get things done! What seemed like an Irrelevant exercise turned out to be quite productive, in a serene atmosphere.
Jo Chunyan shared a list of things do alone. I decided to pull my top 15 to share.
- Journal. Write up a list of things you would love to do. Declare your dreams and intentions or simply empty out all your thoughts into your notebook.
- Spend a day at a museum or art gallery
- Meditate – sit. Be still and devote time to listen to your spiritual thoughts. Breath.
- Have dinner on your own in a nice restaurant – take time to really enjoy the food
- Go for a walk and enjoy breathing the fresh air
- See a film at a cinema on your own
- Rearrange your wardrobe and discover old clothes again.
- Donate old clothes, books and furniture. Make room for the new by clearing out the old.
- Go somewhere in the city where you have never been
- Give yourself a mini retreat weekend…eat healthy food, go for a massage, spoil yourself and really relax!
- Sip a cup of tea and look out the window
- Be Athletic. Go for a jog or walk on the beach. Breathe in the salty sea breeze and watch the waves lick the shore.
- Study. Sign up for an online course in any topic you have an interest in and learn something new
- Take a photo to depic each hour of your day
- Travel on your own. Learn something new about yourself.
Can you add any? Do share!
Scared as heck!
Hear this all the time….”Get yourself Out there! Get known! Let others see you! Let them get to know you!” But we are as scared as heck! What if we fail? What if people mock? What if we don’t say the right things on the business proposal, or the employment application? What if we do get the call but unable to give the right responses during the interview exchange? It would certainly be a Mighty fall!
Build Your Personal Brand!
If this resonates with you, here is J. Duncan’s 4 step checklist to help build your brand:
- Contact 10 new people by email, direct message, or phone, and introduce yourself.
- Do the Same with 10 old friends, colleagues, a person you admire to simply reconnect over coffee, or lunch meeting.
- Attend Tradeshow, Conference, or events at least once per month to build your brand, and create new network
- Learn Something New everyday…very important
Getting yourself out there to expand your network is no easy feat. But it’s well worth the effort. It’s a surefire Goal-Setting initiative that will certainly bring you positive result. A mentor or coach can assist.
Need help? Get out of your comfort zone and Let’s connect!