Books are knowledge. Books are reflection. Books change your mind,-Toni Morrison
How do you get your child to read? Popular question 21st century parents ask. It can also be extended to adults. Booklovers find themselves lost in books facing curiosity for the reason many defy reading as avidly as a decade ago. Too many distractions most say. Parents have it the hardest especially during the era of virtual games. But there’s hope. Here are 13 ways booklovers shared to spark that fire.
- Don’t be a nag
- Read more yourself. Children live what they learn
- Limit screen time from early
- Read stories to them
- Make bookstore visit a habit
- Let them pick books of their choice
- Dramatize characters. Make them come alive
- Watch movies on books of real life events then let them decide which is better – book or movie
- Display books around the house – Easy access.
- Make reading a habit
- Read books with exciting stories, then visit museums for visual effect
- Share amazing stories and when they ask what’s next, let them read the book for themselves
- Lead by example
Any points missing that you would like to add? Do share. We would love to hear.