Who would have thought a flock of birds would create such havoc? Yes indeed. Though extremely rare as one in a billion, it happens. The movie Sully shared the real life story of the pilot whose quick decision saved passengers on an aircraft he was flying. He landed in the Hudson River, and Miraculously saved over 150 lives. It’s a story of humility, bravery, admiration, fear, teamwork, leadership, and most of all calm in the midst of tragic circumstances. Doesn’t this story inspire you?
Who Inspires You?
Brian Tracy asked his audience “Who inspires you?” Many responded giving answers such as God, family including mom, dad, spouse, as well as leaders like Brian Tracy, Oprah, John Maxwell, mentor, teacher, coach, political leaders, and more. But surprisingly, one response stood out when a male said that he was not inspired by anyone or anything. Bewildered? Should this be reason for alarm? Do human beings need to be inspired? What happens if we are not inspired? Even more, can we survive without inspiration?
Inspiration is the process of being mentally stimulated to do or feel something, especially something creative.
Inspiration is described as being mentally stimulated to do something. If we are not inspired, chances are we will become stuck, de-motivated, lethargic, and life may become meaningless. It’s like there’s no Reprieve. So here are a number of things to do to keep those motivation levels high, as well as arouse your critical thinking skills.
17 Ways to Become Inspired
- Listen to Music
- Watch animals or children play outdoors
- Enjoy nature. Go to the beach. Watch the waves
- Travel someplace you have never been
- Tune-in to motivational speakers such as those on the increasingly popular Ted Talk
- Listen or Read about others who have overcome adversity
- Try something new that you have always wanted to do but were afraid
- Create a vision board
- Consider the challenges you’re facing. Identify solutions
- Ask people what they are grateful for, and reflect personally
- Join an organization of people making a difference in the world
- Read an autobiography
- Disconnect and write in a journal
- Get a hobby. Express yourself creatively e.g. sculpting, or playing an instrument
- Let go of something
- Take pictures outdoors. Breathe.
- Reflect on what you have learned/accomplished and how it has helped you make a positive difference in the life of others
There you have it. Adopt one, two, three, or more and become inspired!