Everything I know I learned from dogs. ~ Nora Roberts
Man’s best friend. In response to my article 9 Things to Do to Break the Monotony one writer suggested that I add “get a dog“. Hmmm… quite thought-provoking. From what others have said, a dog provides many benefits. Being the crazy researcher, I decided to dig deep to find out the benefits of having a dog (even though I grew up with dogs and my college student has a dog). So yes, they are a delight.
But why though? Here I share:
Benefits of Having A Dog
1.Dogs encourage physical wellbeing and healthy fitness routine
2. They reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease and protect children from allergies
3. Dogs help encourage social interactions
4. There’s never a dull moment (tell me about it-smile)
5. They may save your life
6. They reduce anxiety
7. Teach children responsibility
8. Helps build self-confidence in children
9. They are good listeners. Bear your soul without fear of it coming back to haunt you
There you have it. Great reasons to get a dog and there are tons more. Are there any that would like to add? Do share, we would love to hear. So go get your furry friend today.