I hate Mondays!
This is a common cry of many workers whose jobs are like a desert. A place that is dry and parched. A place that’s without hope. Indeed so many hate the job they do.
Why stay there? Why not take the steps to do something more satisfying that you can step out with a Shimmer of hope, and breathe ahhh…tis Monday! I love what I do!
Well the reality is that for most people that seems like a passing dream. Often there is so much to do that many go the Casual route. Wish it away! Get stuck …unable to do anything.
Need help? Here are 9 tips for those interested in their performance, as adapted from Joe Duncan’s list. This will help you plan your week.
9 Tips to Plan Your Week
- Look back on the past week and list everything you did well.
- Do the same for those areas that you think you can improve upon this week
- Think about the coming week. Set your expectations for your personal performance
- Write down the top 5 things you have to get done this week, and by what date and time you plan to get it done
- Next to each of the 5 points write down 3 points on how you are going to make them happen. Simple things will do. Don’t make it complicated.
- List the top 3 things you are going to do this week that will move your life forward in a big way. Consider, (i) who you can network with; (ii) your biggest income generating opportunity; (iii) identify one skill you can practice or learn to become more valuable in the market.
- Write down 2 things you will do every morning before you get ready for work, or for the day.
- What’s the one thing that you are going to do this week that will make you feel alive and that will make you feel the greatest sense of joy and accomplishment? This includes things like taking family somewhere nice for dinner; doing something for you (massage, exercise, other), or even just buying toys and giving them to the kids in a hospital
- Write it down. Plan it. Schedule it…make it a priority