To stand still is to be left behind
COVID_19 will incorporate changes throughout the USA and worldwide. Gone are the days of resistance to societal changes. There will be some who still resist but soon they will be dormant. To stand still is to be left behind. But while we wait for the cure, a new vaccine and more, we practice safe measures, quarantines and more. Here are a few basic gleanings that’s highly possible will become the norm for businesses and individuals:
- Some organizations may incorporate work-from-home for some positions as a new way of working.
- Some employees delighted for the break, may never return to work in a physical office structure. We call it exposure to work / life balance.
- Some businesses may never recoup and go under.
- Some businesses will expand or diversify. For example, a business that provides recruitment to hundreds of hotels has been placed on hold as the hospitality industry was forced to a halt. Meanwhile the healthcare industry booms in response to the pandemic. Same business but incorporating different industries. We call it diversification.
- Some Celebrities will fade while others will enormously gain.
- Smaller churches and religious leaders exposed to the expanse of online possibilities to minister to the sick and shut-in. No doubt they will venture out bench-marking those well known preachers. Competition rampant even among churches? Yikes!
- World-wide Entertainment. The exposure of Digital media to those who didn’t have a clue of its existence (living in the dark ages, I’d say). Online movie-goers will expand into mobile users accompanying their musical mix. Expansion, expansion, expansion.
- Some parents… now introduced to the ‘joys‘ of home-schooling, will decide to do so as a way of life. Better Control and safety they’ll say.
- Some parents may even start their own school. Hmm …the exhilarated insight to new entrepreneurship!
- Lets not forget healthcare as more patients, workers, laissez faires will be more willing to use telemedicine! Yep! no more resistance to the doctor-on-call.
- Research and Development (R&D) will speed up provided they have the investment/ financial funding.
- Record numbers of census sign-ups…never seen before?
- Real Estate will see increased number of interests from homeowners who will want a dedicated space to work at home. Four bedroom anyone?
- More will be willing to purchase their dream cars online. Oh the delights to test-drive and return later for a better ride
- Some barbers and hairdressers will lose business as clients will try to do their hair at home. Yep! Mistakes get better with time.
- Other Masters of hair-care will expand as they become more mobile or more flexible… trying this, that, or the other.
- Virtual meetings will soar as those who didn’t know become exposed and be bold enough to experience the joys of technology …the virtual enabler.
- E-commerce will soar making virtuality a normality for sure
- Oh and what of governments, policies, and politics? We’ll leave that for you to explore.
- Individualized self-discovery, and willingness to learn will explode, giving rise to
- The escalation in anything new as we innovate, innovate, innovate!
Tons more will rise but for now it’s your turn. Any changes you have noticed that you would like to add? Do share. We would love to hear!