To travel is to live
I was addicted to work. Call it a workaholic or whatever. I worked in the global pharmaceutical industry for a decade and more where I traveled extensively throughout the world including Latin America and the Caribbean. Those areas that I did not travel, I organized and sent teams to sales conventions. When I traveled I would go in on the first flight for a meeting, stay few days to a week then left on the last or first flight out to be back in the office the next day. Whew!
The Travel Bug
There’s now the tug at the heart that says hey…. it’s time to go! As Michael Palin said
Once the travel bug bites, there’s no known antidote
So yes… now I have decided to step out, travel to all these countries again … but this time for pleasure
Benefits Of Travel
So what can traveling do for you? Are there benefits? Here I share 5 reasons:
- Traveling helps us learn and experience different cultures.
- It helps to expand our view of how other people live.
- It opens our minds to different food.
- It allows us to expand our horizon.
- It’s uncomfortable. I’m talking delayed flights, lost luggage and more… all of which means discomfort. But that come with traveling. Then after, you gain the exhilarating discoveries, joys and comfort!
Today I urge you to make the decision. Follow your dreams. Travel….and while you’re at it, Plan other goals. Its totally exciting!