A hater is someone who speaks trash…said a 5th grader. This term was not as rampant a decade ago. These days, the media shares stories which spread like wild fire at the click of a button. All you have to do is simply tune into any channel. Suffice it to say, writers on a social media forum was asked to Explain what a hater is or tell their experience. Here are 15 extracted.
- Someone who despises anything contrary to what they think is right.
- A jealous, envious, bitter person angry at another’s success
- A person projecting his/her shortcomings to the other person. Unwilling to accept his/her role in the incident in case it is directed at a person or racist/nationalist when directed towards a skin color or a country
- Those who can’t do it, teach or complain
- The process by which a miserable and/or failed person attempts to achieve equality with a happy and/or accomplished person not by improving themselves but by ruining whatever achieves beauty or virtue. In short an egalitarian of the latrine
- Literary folk who discover you write genre
- Those who latch out with with vitriol to mask their fear
- One who is experiencing the absence of love – the result of serious disconnection
- They are those who are so broken inside that they only find joy in causing pain to others they envy
- Someone who repeatedly expresses their dislike of someone or something which dislike is firm and unshakable despite any evidence tending to show its inappropriateness or error
- Severe dislike or disgust, abhorrent
- Someone whose self-esteem is so low, they can see the good in those who are different from them
- A person who due to bitterness, envy or jealousy, looks at others with disdain, being incapable of showing them support, compassion of kindness
- A person who is obsessively negative about a particular target
- Someone without kindness, tolerance or forgiveness
When Haters Hate Fill Them With Love
It’s crazy that we look at such terms these days. In a recent Instagram post, I shared a quote to which a fellow writer expressed surprise that she shudders to think that there are those who wish to see her stagnate. Sadly, as the above definitions show, there are indeed many who dislike the progress that others make. To them it would be wise to not dwell on it but fill them with love.
Ever had a dissatisfying experience with a so-called hater? How did you handle it? Do share. We would love to hear!
2 thoughts on “15 Authors Tell How To Spot A Hater…”
Yes having one now! The better you do, the more they hate
LikeLiked by 1 person
Oh dear. Maintain your focus. Be not dissuaded.
LikeLiked by 1 person