We write to taste life twice, in the moment and in retrospect.Anais Nin
Becoming a published Author involves nothing but interest and writing. Connect with an agent if you wish to go the traditional route. Interested in being self-published? Here are 7 basic steps to to get you going.
- Write. Write. Write. If you don’t write you have nothing to publish
- Invest in an Editor. Publish quality work. Nothing turns off readers more than errors in published work. Even if you are a great writer, you are too close to your work. Get it edited.
- Book Cover Design. Invest in a Professional Cover design. You can do it yourself but hey, come on. Again this is an issue of quality which increases your selling power (or need I say, the lack thereof)?
- Get an ISBN. Needed as a unique identifier for your book. Free ones available but… you get what you ‘pay’ for.
- Price it. Decide on your price. Consider books in your genre etc.
- Get Your Book Reviewed. People buy based on other’s impression right? So get your book reviewed by bloggers, friends, foe? yikes!
- Launch it. Market it. Here’s where the fun begins! It’s not a secret. Market it. Get the word out!
Need help? Let’s connect.