a thing that prevents someone from giving full attention to something else.
At the start of the week I decided to do a webinar on Goal Setting. Then Hurricane Irma blew in. Evacuations, preparations, and plans to survive stepped in. To Disobey would attract serious consequences from authorities. After the hurricane passed, recovery, and rebuilding efforts were initiated in the midst of loss of electrical power, downed trees, devastations, and more. While giving thanks for life, I began feeling frustrated. My goals for the week had gone awry.
Well that’s natural disaster which does not happen very often. But what about those other times when we face distractions? We get angry, annoyed, depressed. But that doesn’t help. They may ‘comfort’ and provide a semblance of excuses, but they are no help. Here are 13 ways entrepreneurs responded on how to avoid distractions from Goal Achievement, and how to remain productive.
- Keep your eye on the goal, and realize that entertaining the distractions keep you away from the finish line
- Priorities and lists
- Do all the hard stuff first in the day
- Tune out distractions
- Get motivation from mentors
- Hunger for success helps keep focus
- Get up and do the work. Whether others do their part or not
- Being still
- Saying No to things that distract, and Yes to Focus
- Develop a routine
- Mastermind groups
- Write goals and today list. Then visualize what I want to achieve. Stay positive and grateful
- Give in because it’s a challenge. Then work extra hours to make up
What about you? How do you avoid distractions? Do share…, we would love to hear. Need help? A mentor or coach can guide you. Let’s connect.