The most beautiful things are not associated with money; they are memories and moments. If you don’t celebrate those, they can pass you by. – Alek Wek
I love challenges. I set goals, and do everything to accomplish them. Then when I do, I move on to the next goal. As the head of Head of Human Resources for many years, I relentlessly celebrated the achievement of others on the job, but I never stopped to celebrate my own personal achievements. In recent years I came to value the importance of celebrating life’s triumphs. I guess it comes with maturity. There is something gratifying to it. Besides, it leaves a lasting legacy on those close to me.
13 Ideas To Celebrate Achievements:
- Make a booking at a restaurant you’ve always wanted to eat at.
- Invite all of your friends over for a pot luck and before you sit down to eat, go around and ask everyone to brag about something (big or small) that they’ve achieved recently.
- Spend an entire day doing whatever you find most relaxing.
- Dance! Honouring our emotions through movement is powerful.
- Write a list of everything you learned from this experience.
- Start success journal.
- Spread the love: offer to help someone who is chasing a similar dream.
- Write a blog post outlining how you achieved your goal.
- Take a selfie to memorialize the big moment. Share on Instagram
- Get dressed up… just because.
- Have a staycation and spend some time exploring and enjoying all that your city has to offer.
- Write a letter of gratitude to someone who helped you get there.
- Take a few long, deep breaths and ask yourself: what does celebrating look and feel like to you?