I sat staring into the distance. Pondering. What to write? What to post? Haven’t we all been there at one time or other? Times when we don’t know what to write-be it social, blog, or book. Jen dePaula shared 40 Things to inspire your writing. I liked 19 and share these below.
- Share a motivational or inspiring quote
- Share a link to your new blog post.
- Highlight a fan with an @mention and thank them for their support.
- Share what you’re currently reading and tag the author.
- Do a #TBT (Throw Back Thursday) by sharing an old picture.
- Share one of your favorite writing tools (whether it be digital or a physical tool).
- Share an interesting article or blog post that someone else has written – be sure to tag them in the post.
- Share a picture that your child (niece, nephew, friend) drew.
- Share some of your favorite songs/albums you like to write to.
- Highlight a fellow author and share a link to their website – it’s always great to help and promote fellow writers.
- Share a writing tip.
- Share a Facebook, Pinterest or Instagram page your followers should check out (not necessarily your own).
- Share links to an old (but relevant) blog post – keep those posts alive!
- Join the conversation on a trending topic.
- Write a Haiku.
- Give a shout-out to people who inspire you.
- Share a link to your favorite blogs or podcasts.
- Share a review or testimonial of a new product or service you’ve had a good/bad experience with.
- Recommend other authors or friends others should follow.
Hope these will help to inspire your own writing in whichever form you choose.