I sat staring into the distance. Pondering. What to write? What to post? Haven’t we all been there at one time or other? Times when we don’t know what to write-be it social, blog, or book. Jen dePaula shared 40 Things to inspire your writing. I liked 19 and share these below.
- Share a motivational or inspiring quote
- Share a link to your new blog post.
- Highlight a fan with an @mention and thank them for their support.
- Share what you’re currently reading and tag the author.
- Do a #TBT (Throw Back Thursday) by sharing an old picture.
- Share one of your favorite writing tools (whether it be digital or a physical tool).
- Share an interesting article or blog post that someone else has written – be sure to tag them in the post.
- Share a picture that your child (niece, nephew, friend) drew.
- Share some of your favorite songs/albums you like to write to.
- Highlight a fellow author and share a link to their website – it’s always great to help and promote fellow writers.
- Share a writing tip.
- Share a Facebook, Pinterest or Instagram page your followers should check out (not necessarily your own).
- Share links to an old (but relevant) blog post – keep those posts alive!
- Join the conversation on a trending topic.
- Write a Haiku.
- Give a shout-out to people who inspire you.
- Share a link to your favorite blogs or podcasts.
- Share a review or testimonial of a new product or service you’ve had a good/bad experience with.
- Recommend other authors or friends others should follow.
Hope these will help to inspire your own writing in whichever form you choose.
One thought on “19 Things To Inspire Your Writing…”
Reblogged this on Success Strategies and commented:
Start writing, no matter what. The water does not flow until the faucet is turned on.
— Louis L’Amour