Some days are just a mess. It’s even worse during prolonged Quarter or month-end report preparations or during times of change. It’s at those times that anything we can do to lessen the stress is welcomed. I fell aghast when I bumped into Amy Jackson’s 10 tips to beat workplace woes repeated by writer Ariana Huffington. Read the full piece here. For those who gotta have a quick peek, here I share the abbreviated list.
- Brighten up your Desk (make it personal)
- Do Something you enjoy during your Lunch Break (not errands)
- Plan things to look forward to (weekend getaways, vacations)
- Eat & Drink to boost your mood (water is good)
- Meditate (breathe)
- Make use of Perks (if you’re lucky to get them…check HR to see what exists)
- Chat to your Colleagues
- Laugh (look at memes or YouTube video)
- Look at your work life balance
- Identify if there’s an underlying problem
I found this list interesting to beat the workplace woes and I hope you will too. Any burning tip missing? Do share! We would love to hear.