As I look over the circus of things I like, I realize that though I enjoy them and they bring me satisfaction, I find myself not doing them as much and in some cases at all. For over two decades I have been caught up in work, work, work. So this prompt helped me pull away and ponder the things I once enjoyed, or get to enjoy on a rare occasion.
But even as I finalize the list I realize that life’s not promised, so I intend to start doing the things I like and stop leaving them for …one day soon.
Watch The Waves By The Sea
That said, the things I like are:
- People watch
- Explore the world
- Simple things
- Enjoy a good laugh
- Acting | Participating in drama presentations
- Wearing a smile
- See people mentored achieve their best potential
- Watch movies
- Write, ponder, reflect
- Decorate the house
- Go shopping
- Watch HGTV | Travel channel
- Learn new things
- Enjoy the company of my two young adult kids
- Dream of Venice | Alaska
- People watch in downtown Disney, Washington DC Parks
- Watch the waves by the beach
- Nature – stare at birds, squirrels, and circus of trees
- Christmas Lights
- Look out at the horizon from a hill or mountain
- Capturing candid photos (new experience)
- Finding a new route after getting lost in a new place (yikes!)
- Quiet time
- Solving a mystery or a problem
- New baby hugs
- Listening to that Still Small Voice Of Faith
Any of the above resonate. Do share. We would love to hear.
Register now to attend Writers Retreat and boost your writing project.