Writers Write. Readers Read. Together they are one
I am always intrigued by stories, especially those told by others about new beginnings. Here I share as writers told how they writing journey was inspired.
- I wrote to escape the loneliness of my husband who had to work away from home as we transitioned to the cold north.
- When I moved away from my childhood friends
- My short essays and fiction have all been written from my life.
- It must have been engrained in my blood
- A nosey irritating neighbor who believed I needed company
- Daydreaming during a long commute that had dialogue and scenes that demanded to be written down
- 26 months solitary confinement with short stories from my childhood as a start
- A terribly boring book I read to my son at age 6. I knew I could do better
- God gave me the desire to write
- The pandemic and Quarantine made me take the plunge
- A dare from a neighbor
- Getting into trouble for talking in the study hall and being assigned to write a 500 word theme to write on anything I wanted as punishment. Next day I turned in a 13 page short story.
- My first novel resulted from an ugly divorce
- The loss of my beautiful baby boys.
- The ideas and content come to me in dreams. I have to just put them in order.
- Car accident that left me disabled for a while
- A dream and three nouns
- My right (creative) side of the brain dying a slow death in a left side dominant (rational) job
- My imagination
- Sitting in the airport for a 2-hour-layover, waiting on a flight to hunt with my kids. The rest is history
- Nature walk with just me and headphones
Interesting new beginnings! How about you? Do share how your own writing journey began. Here’s mine.