13 Ways To Get Out Of Your Head
You miss 100 percent of the shots you don’t take. ~Wayne GretzkyTweet
I heard a TV host who was showing a young lady how to use a piece of equipment which she was actively trying to learn. She went into a what if scenario to which he retorted with the question… “are you pre-planning your mistakes?” She laughed.
It reminded me of how we often act. We think of everything that could go wrong instead of thinking of the things that could go right. What if I go after the entrepreneurship venture and fail? What if I apply to the job and they turn me down? What if I invest in the relationship and it doesn’t work out? What if scenarios play over and over in our head. It gets us nowhere. Get out of your head and take the bull by the horn (so to speak). Here’s a brief list of things you can do to get out of your head.
13 Things To Do To Get Out Of Your Head
- Pray. Meditate
- Exercise. Go for a walk/run
- Recite a Mantra. Motivational Quotes and Positive Affirmations work
- Recognize the signs of the negative and create an action plan to beat it
- Write it down. Get the negative thoughts out of of your head
- Focus on your end-goal
- Watch an inspiring movie. Laugh. Comedy puts you on your lighter side.
- Make a list of inspiring movies, songs, or anything that will help you beat the downward mood trend
- Talk it out. Have a trusted friend that you can share your thoughts and insecurities with.
- Have an accountability partner who will check in with you continuously about your goal
- Let go of negative people, environment or things. Anything that holds you back.
- Keep learning. Learn something new. It builds your confidence.
These are just a few of the things you can do when you start to question yourself. Remember life comes with its ups and downs. So it is important to take the time to grow in spite of the things that may try to pull you down. Keep yourself motivated to achieve.
How about you? What do you do to keep yourself motivated when the negative thoughts threaten? Do share. We would love to hear.
2 thoughts on “Pre-Planning Your Mistakes? 13 Ways To Get Out Of Your Head…”
Reblogged this on Success Strategies.