Need a change? What do you do? Getting married, what do you do? When you have an exam, what do you do? When a storm watch is on what do you do? When a mother is expecting, what does she do?
The above are Avid life situations that are common to us. So what do we do when these situations draw near? It’s simple…we prepare, we act. It’s no different when other unfamiliar situations approach.
Steve heard rumors that his company had been sold. 60 percent of the employees would be integrated into the new company. Unfortunately, he was not contacted by the new management so it was highly unlikely that he would go with them. In that situation what should he do? Wait forever expecting that call? Get sick because of the impending job loss? He, like so many others, remained stuck, steadfast, unmoveable…waiting.
5 Signs of Being Stuck
- You remain focused on the past.
- Even if you want change, you feel safer doing the same things over and over again.
- You avoid talking to people fearing that they will ask you how things are going
- You have nothing to look forward to.
- What is the point? What am I doing with my life? are questions you often ask yourself.
7 Things To Do When Stuck
- Do something! Step out! Complete that application! Try something new!
- Plan an escape rather than daydream about different scenarios. Go on a trip to relax and reboot your thoughts.
- Switch up your daily activities.
- Don’t envy and compare yourself to others.
- Do one positive thing for yourself today.
- If you want to change your life, Pray. Change your environment.
- Find a mentor or coach. Ask for help
Follow me on instagram for Daily Motivation