Ditch It! Switch It! Yep, many are doing just that. In the book Your career, Ditch it Switch it, I encouraged you to reflect on the pandemic and switch your career. It’s the best time. Now more than ever many are doing it. Here’s CNN Headline news top tips to do it right.
- Don”t tell your boss first
- Don’t slack off
- Leave “transition document’
- Two-weeks notice is still standard
How To Leave Your Job: 5 Ways
- Don’t leave (yet)
- Start your search to see the job options available in the market place
- Like your current career? Stay with it
- Hate your current career? Plan an escape
- Take into consideration your current skills, qualification and experience.
- Upgrade skills if needed to suit your new role
- Update your Resume to match the job you’re looking for and review your social media profiles to make sure nothing unprofessional exist
- It’s time to begin your search to Ditch it for the ideal career you want
- Keep Motivated. Prepare yourself psychologically. The going can get rough especially while you are still in the same miserable job. So plan an escape while you wait. This can be:
- Bathroom run (to breathe while on the job) but balance is key…. Don’t overdo it
- Mental escape to your happy place (vacation getaway, home reno, time with family, time alone, time with your favorite hobby)
Experiencing that itch yet don’t know how to do it? Ask a Coach or let’s connect.