Hate your job? Feel sick just getting up in the morning to go (virtual or in-person)? We certainly understand. Many have been there. Just don’t jump ship yet. Here are 5 Strategies to do it right when you are at that crossroad and wondering what to do.
5 Strategies To Do It Right
- Don’t leave (yet)
- Start your search to see the job options available in the market place
- Like your current career? Stay with it
- Hate your current career? Plan an escape
- Take into consideration your current skills, qualification and experience.
- Upgrade skills if needed to suit your new role
- Update your Resume to match the job you’re looking for and review your social media profiles to make sure nothing unprofessional exist
- It’s time to begin your search to Ditch it for the ideal career you want
- Keep Motivated. Prepare yourself psychologically. The going can get rough especially while you are still in the same miserable job. So plan an escape while you wait. This can be:
- Bathroom run (to breathe while on the job)
- Mental escape to your happy place (vacation getaway, home reno, time with family, time alone, time with your favorite hobby)
Above all, be flexible. Sometimes you may need to take an interim role to get to where want to go. This may come with lower pay, entry level path or internship to get on your new career path. It’s the sacrifice you must take to get to where you want to go.
Good Luck and Happy hunting!
Need help? Lets connect.