Oh the joy of publishing! But before, there are the challenges. If you’re a writer, no doubt you can Relate. Here I share a few succint Compass tales that writers tell about their perspective of the joys and challenges associated with writing.
The Challenges of Writing
- Finding the Time and space to write with Peace and Quiet in tuned
- The laments of writers Block
- Deciding what to write
- The importance of Quality writing output
- The pain of rejection
The Joy of Writing
- Most enjoyable feeling when published. Words such as elated, satisfied, accomplished were voiced
- If a physical book published, a feeling of Bliss when the first printed copy is received and held
- The Achievement of set goals
- The ability to make a difference in the lives of others
Advice to New Writers
More to come but in the interim, read more on the 9 Steps to writing. Also write, just write .
Let the New Year find you with a new resolve to write, just write.
Always a pleasure to share Tailored writings with readers, booklovers and fellow writers. Looking forward to this occasion when we will Speak, Sign, and Sell. Copies of Success Strategies available at Here
Whatever your reason for writing it makes sense to read a lot in order to write with finesse that satisfies yourself or your audience.
Writers write for many different reasons. Never Meaningless, the reasons are specific to each writer. Naturally writing for Ordinary work as in preparing policies, reports, or memos differs from the writing writers do, which often is for their own satisfaction. Some writers write poetry. Some write short stories that ignite passion, joy, or pleasure as in fiction writers. Others write non-fiction sharing their own true stories, those of a loved one, or some about topics they care about as in Success. Whatever your reason for writing it makes sense to read a lot in order to write with finesse that satisfies yourself or your audience.
7 Books to Strengthen Writing
Here are 7 books that will help to strengthen your craft:
- Elements of Style by William Strunk, Jr.
- Working People Talk About What They do All Day by Studs Terkel
- How Fiction Works by James Wood
- The Rest is Noise by Alex Ross
- Kill All Your Darlings by Luc Sante
- On Writing by Stephen King
- Nobody Wants to Read Your Sh*t by Steven Pressfield
Follow me on Instagram for daily motivation
Property Brothers!! Two of my favorite guys! 💕 This is for real! No Hyperbole. Plan to see them at the Miami International Book Fair, November 19, 2016.
Success Strategies Workbook
While you’re there visit my booth and pick up a copy of my NEW Success Strategies WORKBOOK! Now available! It’s the companion to the book Success Strategies of Caribbean American Leaders. It’s the result of a phenomenological study conducted with Nova Southeastern University that looked at why some individuals succeed while others don’t. Provides advice for individuals who are feeling overwhelmed, confused, discouraged, or stressed. It is easy to use and includes exercises on how to achieve your goals, take charge of your personal development, life, and career path!
Lots of Prizes & Surprises! Make it a date!