The most beautiful things are not associated with money; they are memories and moments. If you don’t celebrate those, they can pass you by. – Alek Wek
I love challenges. I set goals, and do everything to accomplish them. Then when I do, I move on to the next goal. As the head of Head of Human Resources for many years, I relentlessly celebrated the achievement of others on the job, but I never stopped to celebrate my own personal achievements. In recent years I came to value the importance of celebrating life’s triumphs. I guess it comes with maturity. There is something gratifying to it. Besides, it leaves a lasting legacy on those close to me.
Oh how to celebrate? The question was asked and many Bravely Expressed and jumped in. But I found Sarah Starrs list of ways to celebrate insightful. Here I share my top favs!
13 Ideas To Celebrate Achievements:
- Make a booking at a restaurant you’ve always wanted to eat at.
- Invite all of your friends over for a pot luck and before you sit down to eat, go around and ask everyone to brag about something (big or small) that they’ve achieved recently.
- Spend an entire day doing whatever you find most relaxing.
- Dance! Honouring our emotions through movement is powerful.
- Write a list of everything you learned from this experience.
- Start success journal.
- Spread the love: offer to help someone who is chasing a similar dream.
- Write a blog post outlining how you achieved your goal.
- Take a selfie to memorialize the big moment. Share on Instagram
- Get dressed up… just because.
- Have a staycation and spend some time exploring and enjoying all that your city has to offer.
- Write a letter of gratitude to someone who helped you get there.
- Take a few long, deep breaths and ask yourself: what does celebrating look and feel like to you?
Need help setting Goals? A mentor or coach can help. You’d be wise to get started and not forget to celebrate small and big wins.
How Can I Reach More Clients in My Local Community?
The new entrepreneur often asks the question…”how can I reach more clients?” Marc Bowness posed the question on their behalf to gather feedback for their Interest and use. Many replied. Here are a few:
- Run local workshops. Speak to local groups (e.g. Rotary). Get involved in the Community. Joint Venture with other businesses.
- You can easily target your ideal clients locally via Facebook Ads and easily catch their attention with something that is super relevant and interesting to them.
- You can follow the blueprint of Webinars that sell. However, rather than hosting an online event, you can demonstrate your ability to help them by actually helping in a live setting.
- Get them to register for a FREE workshop in your community, then send them lots of value …#indoctrination before the event to build even more goodwill/affinity. Then remind them of why they really wanted to attend the event and what they will get out of it.
- Partner with someone who has same target market in your local area and run workshops for their clients. Facebook Ads targeting your local area to give massive value online and also to promote any workshop or event you run …maybe some gyms, mom’s groups etc
- Run meetups. Join with local council for events. Do pop ups at markets or local events. Approach schools, partner with local cafe, etc.
- Offer FREE coffee at a local cafe, then have people write their emails down. Partner with others and offer a goodie bag with other gifts and details.
- Put yourself in your ideal client’s shoes. Who are they? What problems are they trying to solve? Where do they spend their time (online/offline)? Then position yourself in these locations.
- Attend events. Ask questions. Ditch the pitch and just ask.
- Ask for business cards and have a follow-up system (write a note on the back to followup with intro)
- Don’t go to an event for the first time and offer to present. Give event host a copy of your book and ask if there is anything you can do to help them.
- Network at least once per week.
Not yet an entrepreneur but thinking about making the shift? Don’ Deny your dreams. Let’s connect!
If you don’t know where you’re going, any road will take you there
Just drive! Hit the road! It doesn’t matter where you’re going. Just drive! There’s not much to that. With no plan like a Patina, anything you do will get you nowhere. But that’s more than likely not your intention. There’s more Interest and satisfaction for example when you plan your career, or a vacation…knowing exactly where you’re going; researching the cost of airfare, hotel accommodations, tours, not to mention the ton of fun you’ll get from the planning exercise itself!
Here are 11 Goal-Setting Quotes selected that will inspire you to achieve:
- Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can.
- You cannot change your destination overnight, but you can change your direction overnight. – Jim Rohn
- When you say ‘Yes” to others, Make sure you aren’t saying ‘No’ to yourself.
- If you don’t design your own life plan, chances are you’ll fall into someone else’s plan. And guess what they have planned for you? Not much. -Jim Rohn
- The greater danger for most of us isn’t that our aim is too high and miss it, but that it is too low and we reach it. -Michelangelo
- This one step…choosing a goal and sticking to it…changes everything. -Scott Reed
- A goal without a plan is just a wish.
- It’s not about the goal. It’s about becoming the type of person that can accomplish the goal. – Tony Robbins
- If the plan doesn’t work, change the plan, but never the goal
- People with goals succeed because they know where they are going. – Earl Nightingale
- A goal should scare you a little, and excite you a lot. – Joe Vitale
Adopted from MoveMe. Set one Goal that you can commit to achieve. Then, make sure you put it in a place where you can be reminded of it every day. For example, you could turn your goal into a poster and place it on your bedroom wall, or you could make your goal your smartphone background, or you could put your goal on your work desk – anywhere that you will see it often. Finally, try to tell somebody what you’re doing and tell them to hold you accountable. The power of accountability can never be overemphasized. When you have somebody to report to, you will be more likely to push through on days when you don’t feel like it and see your goals through to the end!
Need help? Register to attend 2018 Goal-Setting Retreat now. Connect with me.
CNN headline news reported that a Mom left her Kids Alone at Home for a trip to Europe! Witty? Unbelievable? Hilarious? Crazy? Call it what you wish. But in this age of focus on self, it’s not uncommon to see people taking things a little too far (well…very far as in the case of Europe…no pun intended). Let’s make sure that we are not doing things for ourselves to the detriment of our own lives, and those of our loved ones. Now that mom will be jailed as a result of her time away. Read story here
It’s important that we take time out. Whether it’s as a parent, entrepreneur, career professional, writer, or other. Taking a retreat will help you to refocus. This may be to attend a conference, group getaway, or self-retreat. That’s why we have planned a small group 2018 Goal-Setting Retreat at the beautiful Sanibel Beach Resort on Captiva Island in South Florida. Book your space now and put your goals into gear for next year.
Ever spent time searching for something that you know will not add any value to your day? The crazy perfectionist in me does that sometimes. Today, I searched for information and went crazy trying to find something that was like a needle in a haystack. I search, and searched, and searched. An hour later I said let me try this database just once more…maybe it’s here. Another hour later, another database…maybe it’s there. E-filing problem? Definitely!
The thing is …what I was searching for was just something that if I used it in a project, it would be a nice to thing to do. But that search lasted hours and I drew precious time away from the things I really needed to focus on.
Coming up I have a Launch, a presentation, book signing events, and group sessions that needed my attention. Yet….all these goals were lingering while I wasted time on the unimportant.
Putting First Things First
Has this ever happened to you? I’m sure (smile). But though it irks, we need to focus on the important things first, then the other things will eventually fall into place. To answer your Witty thoughts…no, I did not find the document I was searching for. But I was reminded of the principle of putting important things first before other things. Your goal maybe an entrepreneur venture, it may be financial, family, career, or other. But putting first things first, will help you get things done.
What about you? Have you ever experienced this? Do share! would love to hear.
Need help in managing your goals? Reserve your seat at the 2018 Goal-Setting Retreat
“the football field is the perfect place to die”.
CNN shared the findings that Chronic Traumatic Encephalopathy ((CTE) disease was found in 99% of deceased ex-NFL players. A Rookie NFL 🏈 player said he is willing to die for the game. More directly he said “the football field is the perfect place to die”. Was he being insensitive? Possibly naive like a tethered Toothbrush? Arguments differ.
But it caused me to think …is your passion worth dying for? Substandard? Possibly….but what do you think?
Panicked? Don’t. Just Write.