Mistakes are opportunities to learn. Move on.
Error, blunder, fault, inaccuracy, omission, miscalculation, misunderstanding, misinterpretation, oversight. Whatever you call it. Mistakes are opportunities to learn.
do what YOU want to do. Not what someone else wants you to do. If you go against your inner desires, it will create internal havoc in the long run
Look around you. It’s Obvious, people live in a state of ‘I wish‘. I wish things were different, then I would do this, or that…they often say. At birthday parties we blow out the candles and make a wish. But what is often overlooked is the fact that our private Interior wishes can come through! Oftentimes, we are our own inhibitors. If only we would act. Act on our desires and our wishes, then our dreams would come through. Last year, one athlete at the Rio games shared a goal that he had written in his high school Year book years before. It said simply…”my goal…to become a world-class athlete“; and he did.
We can do it too. All we need to do is act. We are not all able to do it on our own and that’s when it’s wise to seek the help of a coach. Someone who has your interest at heart. Someone who will be available to lead and guide you to take the right steps and make the right decisions. Here are 3 common Questions people who need a coach ask.
1) I hate my job! How can I break free and have the courage to follow my passion?
- Don’t walk away… Stay in your job if it pays the bills. You need that security.
- Create a plan, be patient, and wait.The time will come when you can walk away.
- Trust the process. Know that with the right daily actions you are one step closer to doing what you love
- Most important – Don’t give up. You are where you need to be right now
2) I get excited about starting something new! But then I give up. How do I make myself follow through?
- First of all, do what YOU want to do. Not what someone else wants you to do. If you go against your inner desires, it will create internal havoc in the long run
- Reflect on why you began in the first place
- Sometimes it seems too hard to achieve, or takes too long. Stick to it because it will be worth it
- Take small steps. Do at least one thing each day towards your goal. Your future self will thank you
3) How do I find my passion when I don’t feel any?
- When we don’t know what the future holds, naturally we get anxious. Anxiety is tied to the unknown. It restricts you and prevents you from finding your passion
- Be open to learning more about yourself. It’s one of the most important things you can ever do
- Allow yourself to enjoy the journey and be satisfied with your progress
- Everything will fall into place at the right time
Cheers to new Learning!
The challenges of life often leaves us Confused, scared. But confusion is nothing new. Decisions arise. Should we go this way or that? Should we leave this job and accept a new opportunity? Should we marry this mate or that one? Such decisions about the unknown create fear, confusion, that causes apathy.
But you know what’s worse? Not making a decision at all. Some are often left in a hole because not taking a risk, not making a decision, staying in our ‘safe’ place leaves some unaware of how much more they could achieve.
Today, be encouraged. Try something new! Go after your dreams! Goals! Aspirations! Whichever way, you will be a success for having tried at all.
Peace, quiet, calm, serenity. That’s what weekends, holidays, vacations are for. To reboot, unwind, and get back in the game.
As workaholics, we don’t often do it. We feel it’s a Luxury that we cannot afford. Still, we spend time wishing, hoping, even complaining at times. But we can do anything that we put our minds to. And …relaxing is one of the most important things to do.
So plan a getaway! Or a Staycation! It will work wonders for your mind, your work, your business, career, and your life.
Hate your job? Hold up, it could be worse. Here’s SHRM’s list of the worst job this year.
1. Newspaper reporter
2. Logger (forestry)
4. Disc jockey
5. Enlisted military member
6. Pest control worker
7. Retail salesperson
8. Advertising salesperson
9. Taxi driver
Common thread is the losing battle with professional growth opportunities, salary, demands on time and the stress associated with jobs such as firefighter. So Keep your eyes open and know when it’s time for a change.
Ready to Jump to a New Job or Industry? Well, here is the list promised from post Employers are Paying More for these Skills. This list shows The Most Flexible Career skills for those who are planning to jump to a new job or industry. These skills are transferable. So, dust yourself off. Take a moment and do an inventory of your skill set. Do you possess of any of these skills? If so, you’re ready to take the leap. It’s your choice, but Don’t be Afraid…just do it. You’ll be fine.
- Project Management
- Budget Management
- Training Program Development
- Program Management
- Strategic Planning
- Financial Analysis
- Regulatory Compliance
5 Strategies That Will Help You Position Yourself for Success
Of course knowing which skills are in demand is the first step, but next you will need to go out and get them. But before you start complaining, these take little or no time and money. Besides, there are resources available to help you. So here are the 5 Strategies from Money Magazine’s Kathy Robinson. These tips will help you position yourself for success.
- Find Free, In-House Training
- Hit the Web (for Free /Low cost online business skills training and more)
- Get Certified (SAS, Medical billing, Project Management)
- Volunteer for a Project
- Line up a Mentor
Ever been caught between a rock and a hard place? You ask yourself “should I, or should I not?”The choices we make in life are sometimes good, sometimes bad; at times right, at times wrong. But kudos to you when you make a choice!
Making a choice is not always easy. We hesitate, deliberate and become stuck. To be stuck means to be trapped in something. Not being sure which direction to take. Have you ever been there? You experience sadness, complacency, a loss of care. Even when you do care, you feel caught, remain steadfast-unmovable…not sure what to do. Remember our beloved child actor McCaulay Culkin? We want him to remain a child forever. We want to be able to watch Home Alone during the holidays and have him remain as he was without changing to feed our fantasies of the ideal family vacation during the holidays!
But life isn’t like that. As we contemplate where we are now in our life, in our career, relationship, health…, we often come up short. Few of us find satisfaction that where we are now is where we want to be.
So today, take some time and reflect. Are you where you want to be in life… and if not, why? Then take action. This will help you get unstuck and back on track. Drop that fork of procrastination! Start moving to achieve your dreams, goals, and aspirations! Before you know it, you’ll Rock!
Moving! It’s one of the most stressful things to do! But moving for desired personal reasons including new job, new spouse (yikes!), education, and more makes the end result more gratifying! We get that Adrenalin rush because it’s something we desire. Packing those boxes, suitcases, and rummaging our belongings into trucks to go away , to Relocate…makes the journey worth the while (well at least through the honeymoon stage). I have done my fair share and have also helped many career transitioners relocate in my HR consulting role.