Everything I know I learned from dogs. ~ Nora Roberts
Man’s best friend. In response to my article 9 Things to Do to Break the Monotony one writer suggested that I add “get a dog“. Hmmm… quite thought-provoking. From what others have said, a dog provides many benefits. Being the crazy researcher, I decided to dig deep to find out the benefits of having a dog (even though I grew up with dogs and my college student has a dog). So yes, they are a delight.
But why though? Here I share:
Benefits of Having A Dog
1.Dogs encourage physical wellbeing and healthy fitness routine
2. They reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease and protect children from allergies
3. Dogs help encourage social interactions
4. There’s never a dull moment (tell me about it-smile)
5. They may save your life
6. They reduce anxiety
7. Teach children responsibility
8. Helps build self-confidence in children
9. They are good listeners. Bear your soul without fear of it coming back to haunt you
There you have it. Great reasons to get a dog and there are tons more. Are there any that would like to add? Do share, we would love to hear. So go get your furry friend today.
I miss you.
Your tender love.
Your Warmth relax.
Your strokes caress
With you everything is okay.
My joy complete
My stress eased.
My space breathe.
My words flow.
Indeed …you take my breath away.
You are My love. My joy. My peace.
That’s the reason I WRITE
To tell my story
Because what’s inside can’t wait to be released
I thank you. I praise you.
I Can’t wait to be with you again.
My heart. My writing soul.
This is the beginning of anything you want.
The daily grind. Don’t you just hate it? Day after day you get up, do the same thing over and over, and over again. Alive but never really living. You dream of lazy days; or those days when you’ll be able to do just what you want to do. Be careful what you wish for though, because that too can become….. exciting? a thrill? mundane?
But if your dreams, hopes and aspirations is to break the montony… then Go for it!! Here are 9 Things to do:
Inspired To Change
1. Learn a new language.
2. Learn to play a musical instrument.
3. Travel for fun (not business).
4. Write a book.
5. Reflect on your spirituality.
6. Mentor youths (helps you stay young).
7. Become a trader (for fun). Helps keep your eye on your financial viability.
8. Get involved in your community.
9. Expand your mind, earn a PhD
Did any of these spark your interest? Can you add any? Do share. We would love to hear!
You can’t think yourself out of a writing block; you have to write yourself out of a thinking block. ~John Rogers
Writers block is a common phenomenon among writers. It’s the condition of being unable to think of what to write or how to proceed with writing. The question was asked and the list was compiled from advice gleaned from a Book Writers’ forum. The ideas are simple and delightfully thought-provoking. Here I share 21 of the more exhilarating.
- Embrace it as gestation
- Listen to music
- Take a break or work on something else
- Go back to what inspired you first
- Change your scenery.
- Go for a walk
- Write something personal
- Read. Get motivated. Then go back
- Put the pen and paper down.
- Leave it alone and the ideas will come home
- Ask questions of your stories
- Try writing something different
- Take a shower. Let the water flow and the ideas will come
- Free write. Write about your day. Just write
- Ask another writer what they are working on. The change of focus will inspire you
- People who succeed as writers write
- Take a writing course
- Be in a group
- Write about writer’s block. Something will inspire
- Watch a movie
- Get physical. Go to the gym. Break a sweat
Did any of the above resonate? Can you add any? Do share! We would love to hear!
Success is no accident
Years ago I managed the process that led to GlaxoSmithKline capturing the coveted Employer of Choice Award. It was indeed a great place to work. Since then I have always been encouraged by other companies who achieve the same feat and become the envy of many who long for a great place to work…somewhere you can’t wait to jump out of bed in the mornings to get to.
Fortune 100 Best revealed its list of the top 100 Best companies to work for in 2019. Here I share the top 20.
- Wegmans Food Market Inc
- Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants
- Edward Jones
- Ultimate Software
- Texas Health Resources
- The Boston Consulting Group Inc
- Stryker Corporation
- Publix Super Markets Inc
- American Express
- Quicken Loans
- JM Family Enterprises
- Camden Property Trust
- Cooley LLP
Didn’t see your company’s name? Check the list to see where they fall.
My story is about love
The impossibility of perfect love
Though I have the perfect love
It’s impossible to hone it
Impossible to prove it
Impossible to feel it
Impossible to find it
My perfect love at Valentine
Every dream begins with a dreamer
Little 7 year old Xavier quietly whispered that he captures his dreams in the morning in a journal. Often I encourage individuals to keep a journal to capture thoughts on their dreams and goals. This will help them to work on them to achieve.
Unknown to me he has been listening and took it literally by writing his ‘dreams’ every morning.
Oh how much a little child leads.
Just love it when we do what we do with a difference! The attitude is contagious.
UCLA gymnast Katelyn Ohashi earned a perfect 10.0 score for this incredible routine she performed over the weekend. Here’s a peek at the routine.
Success sure delight!